How do I have Paypal add tax to user upgrades?

Stuart Wright

I've set up user upgrades and I've set Paypal to charge VAT, but it doesn't add VAT to the payment.
It should do, but I can't see any options for how Xenforo communicates with Paypal.
How do I set this up? Thanks

It probably won't work if PayPal changed the amount as XenForo would reject the postback for not being for the correct amount. Would you not just factor the VAT in to the price of the upgrade? I don't think I've seen a website charge the net total and have the VAT applied at the payment provider.

Thanks for the replies, disappointing, though, that the news is.
All payment systems need to correctly process tax, create proper invoices and ideally output the transactions directly into accounting software such as Sage, Quickbooks and Xero, or alternatively output a CSV.

Thanks for the replies, disappointing, though, that the news is.
All payment systems need to correctly process tax, create proper invoices and ideally output the transactions directly into accounting software such as Sage, Quickbooks and Xero, or alternatively output a CSV.

It is just one more piece of add-on you need.

Most software targeted to private buyers (like XF) do not handle VAT very well. I don't know if a suggestion to add proper tax handling even exists.

Top Bottom