XF 1.5 User upgrades stopped working

dutchbb

For some reason user upgrades have stopped working recently. Did Paypal change anything, how can I test the system to find out what's going on?

Also from te help page:

In order to receive payments for User Upgrades, you must have a Premier or Business PayPal account. You must enable Instant Payment Notifications (IPNs) in PayPal under your Selling Preferences. You should enter a notification URL of [your Board URL]/payment_callback.php.
I can not find this anywhere in my Paypal account since they changed the whole layout there.

Some help is appreciated.

The first place to check is the IPN History page. This is difficult to find with the new layout, but this direct link to it will work:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-ipns-history

Despite what this page may say, and what the help page says, it isn't actually necessary to explicitly enable IPN messages or specify a URL. So, ultimately, if you go to this page and you see a message about IPN being switched off, this likely isn't the cause of the problem.

But you should see a list of messages (by default it only shows 24 hours) clicking the "Message ID" should take you to the full details of the request sent to your site. You may also want to check the xf_user_upgrade_log table as errors are often logged here, too (if the IPNs get to your site).

Thanks, there is only history of two purchases in 2015, so I see now it has not been working for months.
The first place to check is the IPN History page. This is difficult to find with the new layout, but this direct link to it will work:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-ipns-history

Despite what this page may say, and what the help page says, it isn't actually necessary to explicitly enable IPN messages or specify a URL. So, ultimately, if you go to this page and you see a message about IPN being switched off, this likely isn't the cause of the problem.

But you should see a list of messages (by default it only shows 24 hours) clicking the "Message ID" should take you to the full details of the request sent to your site. You may also want to check the xf_user_upgrade_log table as errors are often logged here, too (if the IPNs get to your site).
No data of the 2016 purchase.

Also, are there any entries in the log?

admin.php?user-upgrades/transaction-log
Yes from last year only.

can you give me screenshots soo i can see the problem

User_Upgrade_Transaction_Log1.webp User_Upgrade_Transaction_Log2.webp User_Upgrade_Transaction_Log3.webpUser_Upgrades.webp

I guess I'll try to create the user upgrade again and see if that works.

In the new system, I believe you can see your IPN settings here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/customerprofileweb?cmd=_profile-ipn-notify If they aren't showing up in PayPal's history, that would imply it's not generating them, so you may need to enable the option (or toggle it off and on).
Ok that link works, still no idea how to get there in Paypal. Here's a screenshot

IPN_paypal.webp

When a member orders an upgrade they get this receipt:

receipt_paypal.webp

Which contains my old email address, where to change this to the new one? Can't find it in Paypal.

Top Bottom