Automatic user upgrades

JordanH

I've had it working in the past, but for the life of me it's no longer working on two of the forums I own.

I have set up the payment provider to be Paypal. I've had users on both forums pay for account upgrades, but the accounts are not being upgraded automatically.

From my understanding, I don't need to set up an IPN in my Paypal as Xenforo sends the information needed. However, IPN is enabled on the account. (With a different URL though)

What can be the cause of XenForo not upgrading the user accounts after receiving payment?

It does happen automatically but I think it is delayed by about 15 minutes after the user makes the purchase. I have been using @Xon's https://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-promotion-on-profile-update.5846/ to make it happen immediately.
That's promotions rather than upgrades. The addon triggers a promotion check after an upgrade is applied, issue here is the upgrade not being applied.
What can be the cause of XenForo not upgrading the user accounts after receiving payment?
Check the payment log in the ACP, if there's no longs it doesn't seem like the notifications are being processed, so either they're no being sent by PayPal or are being blocked by the server somewhere.

Check the payment log in the ACP, if there's no longs it doesn't seem like the notifications are being processed, so either they're no being sent by PayPal or are being blocked by the server somewhere.
Yea, there's nothing in the payment provider log. What can be the cause of this? It's happening on multiple websites on multiple different server set ups. Seems to be a XenForo issue as other software's are working as intended when it comes to the same issue.

If it’s not logged there at all it’s almost certain they’re not even reaching XF. Other software might not work in the same way so isn’t really a direct comparison. Check your server access log (Apache/Nginx), if you can’t see any references to payment_callback.php right after making the purchase then they’re probably not being sent by PayPal.

Check the paypal account's IPN history and see where it was delivering the payment notifications or if there are errors. Frustratingly paypal keeps moving how to access the IPN history feature.

Top Bottom