UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Maybe another issue:

https://xenogamers.com/threads/33911/

Full-size attachments go off the screen. This happens in the default UI.X style. Doesn't happen in default mode so it's confusing :( Seems to be only effecting FireFox.

Also the home button is all messed up as well ever since the patch. Seems to only effect FireFox though :/

Last edited:
Just did the conversion to the addon version and it appears to be working mostly fine.

Two things I've noticed:
1) My child theme of UI.X has the dev mode checkbox ticked - I did not enable this. Is this supposed to be checked now?

2) I'm getting weird error with my post ratings, it's showing the box even when it shouldn't. Is it because I have the mouse over option of Post Ratings enabled instead of them always being visible? Can I change this?
Example: https://puremin0rez.me/images/jtuWk_02-18-2015.png

Updated to newest version. Getting error: Please reinstall or reactivate the UI.X Add-On to regain functionality of your board.

Please advise.

EDIT: I have figured out what I had done incorrectly.. all is well now!
Great update!!

Last edited:
Why does my site now look like this on the phone:

Screenshot 2015-02-18 at 10.16.46 PM.webp

Vs this with desktop:

Screenshot 2015-02-18 at 10.18.08 PM.webp

It looked fine before the upgrade. I haven't been able to nail down which setting is doing it.

Well I'm sure this isn't the right way to fix it but by entering "10" not "10px" into the logo height field it appears to screw it up so it looks normal on desktop and mobile. But something is different here from how it was done before. This didn't happen before.

Everything done as specified but i am getting below error. Someone pls help

ZFByXHX.png

@Mike Creuzer since the update viewing my forum on the iPad has looked like its lost some stuff. Where we had under "latest" the newest thread name and last post user is now just date and time. Is there a way we can add that back in please but still use the node grid layout as now having the sub forums drop down on mobile view is really handy. If we switch back to side by side nodes it sorts the issue on iPad but removes the sub forum drop down from mobile view.

I've tried to upgrade my old UI.X (the parent of my custom style). Some things are looking weird but i'll figure that out. What's strange is this error message:

Bildschirmfoto 2015-02-19 um 11.41.07.webp

What does it mean and how can i get rid of it? :)

that addon just messed my theme, dont know why, i tried to download child and upload it under ui.x addon and now i lose some template colours and edit on it...

Any E.T.A on the other themes update would be nice, instead of keeping other style buyers in the dark.

Any E.T.A on the other themes update would be nice, instead of keeping other style buyers in the dark.
I noticed that all the themes I have a license to are listed in the UI.X styles menu and has an option to install them. Are those now compatible with the new system?

Everything worked fine upgrading the style and installing a new one on another site. Smooth as silk. I like the way things seem to be headed.

I noticed that all the themes I have a license to are listed in the UI.X styles menu and has an option to install them. Are those now compatible with the new system?

Everything worked fine upgrading the style and installing a new one on another site. Smooth as silk. I like the way things seem to be headed.

you can install them. but the options won't work for them yet i think.

They'll be available soon. Just working on a few more minor issues before we release.

You are able to install any product using the add-on. However, some of the new features will not be available (such as last post avatars, node grid layout, global footer, etc.)

@Mike Creuzer since the update viewing my forum on the iPad has looked like its lost some stuff. Where we had under "latest" the newest thread name and last post user is now just date and time. Is there a way we can add that back in please but still use the node grid layout as now having the sub forums drop down on mobile view is really handy. If we switch back to side by side nodes it sorts the issue on iPad but removes the sub forum drop down from mobile view.

Yep this can be changed pretty easily. Just change [UI.X] Forum Nodes -> Medium Node Grid Breakpoint [MD] to be a smaller value (depends on your theme but something around 340px, maybe a bit smaller) should change to show that information again.
Depending on if you want to hide that information at smaller sizes, you may also want to add the following to extra.css:

Code:
@media (max-width: @maxResponsiveMediumWidth) {
    .Responsive .node.audentio_grid .nodeLastPost .lastThreadTitle,
    .Responsive .node.audentio_grid .nodeLastPost .lastThreadUser,
    .Responsive .node.audentio_grid .nodeLastPost .avatar {
        display: none;
    }
}

I see what can make sidebars collapsible now, I would love to use that feature but limit it by usergroup since I have ads in my sidebar and I dont want certain usergroups to shut off the sidebar which in turn turns off the ads.

Any way to make this feature a usergroup option?

Full-size attachments go off the screen. This happens in the default UI.X style. Doesn't happen in default mode so it's confusing :( Seems to be only effecting FireFox.

Looking into this bug. Sorry for postbit issues, we made some fairly large changes there so its easier to customize. Shouldn't be too tough to fix.

Also the home button is all messed up as well ever since the patch. Seems to only effect FireFox though :/

Yes Firefox doesn't like hiding text and replacing it with icons, very finicky. Working on a fix for that.

1) My child theme of UI.X has the dev mode checkbox ticked - I did not enable this. Is this supposed to be checked now?

No it should not. Did this happen just with the patch? We may have left it on. Its safe to turn it off for now.

2) I'm getting weird error with my post ratings, it's showing the box even when it shouldn't. Is it because I have the mouse over option of Post Ratings enabled instead of them always being visible? Can I change this?
Example: https://puremin0rez.me/images/jtuWk_02-18-2015.png

That is likely the solution. I would for now show them all the time not just on hover. Will look into a fix for that setting.

Well I'm sure this isn't the right way to fix it but by entering "10" not "10px" into the logo height field it appears to screw it up so it looks normal on desktop and mobile. But something is different here from how it was done before. This didn't happen before.

Hmm no that wouldn't be it. "10" would not evaluate to any height. Feel free to create a ticket and Ill see if I can track down whats wrong.

I've tried to upgrade my old UI.X (the parent of my custom style). Some things are looking weird but i'll figure that out. What's strange is this error message:

View attachment 98813

What does it mean and how can i get rid of it? :)

Your custom theme might be using that setting. In which case you need to find that variable and replace it with just @breadcrumb.height. If you need help just create a ticket I can run through and do it quick.

that addon just messed my theme, dont know why, i tried to download child and upload it under ui.x addon and now i lose some template colours and edit on it...

Did you make your changes directly to UI.X or did you make a child theme and make all your edits to that?

I see what can make sidebars collapsible now, I would love to use that feature but limit it by usergroup since I have ads in my sidebar and I dont want certain usergroups to shut off the sidebar which in turn turns off the ads.

Any way to make this feature a usergroup option?

Yes there is a permission. You can go to the usergroup and find the permission Can Collapse Sidebar (under UI.X Permissions group) :)

Top Bottom