UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
I will see about supporting XenPorta 2.0. We made the choice not to support 1.X because of how poorly it worked with pretty much every aspect of the XenForo markup.

Hm very strange. Feel free to create a ticket with login details Ill take a look.
Alright. I think something was changed in one of the search templates. I'm not sure exactly, I don't really know.

Here is our current list of improvements for the next release:

1. Added specific (better quality) support for Post Ratings
  2. Added a setting specifically to add or remove breadcrumb home icon
  3. Added a setting to hide breadcrumb on the home tab (since its kinda pointless)
  4. Setting to remove either the forum list and/or the home page title bar (since its kinda pointless)
  5. Support for @AndyB ’s bookmark add-on, just tabbed something in :p
  6. Converted the Footer to an add-on, so you can have the same footer across multiple themes without any issue
  7. Added a node grid system, can control the width of any node on any view. Great for truly getting a metro interface for your forum index
  8. Fixed how the user account on the user preferences (sidebar) dropdown didn’t have an icon, one has been added
  9. Removed the setting @uix_breadcrumbHeight, as there is already a @breadcrumb.height var - just for cleanliness and order
  10. Added a setting to control when the .footer menu links center, as opposed to being hard coded at @maxResponsiveMediumWidth
  11. Added a feature called minimal search
  12. Added the ability to support both a right and a left off canvas navigation
  13. Added a setting to remove the tabLinks on sticky. Will also correctly remove itself once the bottom of the navtabs reaches an offset of the height of the navTabs. In short, you won’t see a gap when it hides anymore.
  14. Sticky navs that start sticky have been improved performance over scroll-to as it should be. In general the logic has been improved, and a rare situation where flickering would occur has been fixed entirely.
  15. Styled .importantMessage
  16. Welcome Block has been turned into an add-on, thus you get permission and can have the same welcome block across multiple UI.X supported themes
  17. Featured Threads, specifically the home tab, has been given specific attention as it had a weird box-sizing issue
  18. FontAwesome is loaded locally by default to stop the tickets from people wondering why it wasn’t working (cross-origin error some servers will throw/https issue)
  19. Fixed overflow on the #jumpMenu div (quick navigation menu)
  20. Fix animation on offCanvas, and removed local coordinates on mainContent for support with the Gridder notifications by @Chris D (i.e.: removed the translate3d, not a bug on our end)
  21. Online indicator margin issue when using the default triangle style has been fixed.
  22. Building blocks heading design improved, just changed the background and removed borders essentially, looks more modern
  23. Controls on deleted threads have been added back in. So if a thread was deleted there wasn’t any options to edit, view, hard delete, etc.
  24. ScrollingUp style sticky nav now works on mobile
  25. StickyNav issues in IE have been fixed
  26. Once and for all we think we’ve entirely cracked the issue on internal anchor offset. So clicking the last post, sticky nav or not, correctly and intelligently finds the right post
  27. Jumping to a quoted post, similarly, has been fixed
  28. Removed gradient on prefix filter bar, should be all the gradients now I hope
  29. Large avatars condensing the classic postbox, this has been fixed once and for all
  30. XenGallery folders added to each style
  31. FontAwesome local file added to all styles, as some had it missing for some reason
  32. Overflow of the post thread pagination and search position 1 fixed
  33. We added dropdown menus so no more 0,1,2,3 stuff!
  34. Page and link icons on node list sized better and more intelligently
  35. Poll overlayChooser shows the close button
  36. Negative margins on post pagination offset now supported
  37. Unread nodes and links in general now inherit their value. This is kinda of an issue with XenForo but we’ve come up with a nice clean fix. So if your unread state of links on the node list or thread list got out of whack this has been fixed
  38. Post pagination throwing error the responsive navigation script in XenForo has been fixed
  39. Insert Quotes dialog box has been fixed
  40. Focus state on links in off canvas nav no longer a weird color
  41. A sticky footer (that is to say, if the page is too small, footer will always show at the bottom of the viewport) has been built and supported in all page styles and settings, but you knew we’d of course support everything! :D
  42. We removed uix_webapp, didn’t really do much
  43. Ability to move post pagination to user bar or navigation as opposed to stuck just in navigation
  44. All social media links added to an add-on so you don’t have to copy them to each uix supported theme
  45. Setting to control max days the sidebar can be collapsed
  46. Permissions for collapsing the sidebar (who can and who cannot)
  47. All strings are now using the XenForo phrase system as they should be - that means we need language packs!
  48. And most importantly, the ability to install and upgrade a theme directly in the ACP. Also note that installing a theme will automatically create a child theme for you, so hopefully no one will every have issues upgrading again!
  49. …And a lot more optimizations and subtle improvements!
Expect a release very soon!

Removed gradient on prefix filter bar, should be all the gradients now I hope
There are more. :P I was too lazy to list the other ones last time:
  • attachment_editor.css (.AttachmentEditor .AttachedFile .ProgressMeter .ProgressGraphic) - upload progress bar bg when uploading files
  • lightbox.css (.lightBox .imageContainer) - pinstripe bg that shows when viewing an attachment in an overlay
  • inline_mod.css (.inlineCtrlGroup) - gray slideout editor when editing a thread from the threads list
  • title_prefix_edit.css (.PrefixMenu .PrefixGroup h3) - prefix menu, anywhere you can select the prefix that drops down on hover
There might be some other ones too... If you are planning to remove the pinstripe image in favour of a CSS3 gradient you might need to double check the performance. In one of my old themes where I changed all gradient images to CSS, for some reason using the CSS3 gradient alternative for the pinstripe bg makes the browser (mostly Chrome, fine in FF) really laggy. Maybe the method I used for the gradient just sucked, that was a few years ago, may have to revisit it.

There are more. :p I was too lazy to list the other ones last time:
  • attachment_editor.css (.AttachmentEditor .AttachedFile .ProgressMeter .ProgressGraphic) - upload progress bar bg when uploading files
  • lightbox.css (.lightBox .imageContainer) - pinstripe bg that shows when viewing an attachment in an overlay
  • inline_mod.css (.inlineCtrlGroup) - gray slideout editor when editing a thread from the threads list
  • title_prefix_edit.css (.PrefixMenu .PrefixGroup h3) - prefix menu, anywhere you can select the prefix that drops down on hover
There might be some other ones too... If you are planning to remove the pinstripe image in favour of a CSS3 gradient you might need to double check the performance. In one of my old themes where I changed all gradient images to CSS, for some reason using the CSS3 gradient alternative for the pinstripe bg makes the browser (mostly Chrome, fine in FF) really laggy. Maybe the method I used for the gradient just sucked, that was a few years ago, may have to revisit it.
Thanks for finding these will get em updated if we havent already. Appreciate it. And no anything we do will be pro-performance. So no css3 gradients for such a large area :D

Our node icons have a background color behind them, so that way you can change the colors easily.
I know this was a long time ago, but in the latest update, the background colour for nodes is removed if you change them to icons. It used to be green for new and grey for no new, as it is when you don't display icons. Is there a way to fix this while showing icons?

I know this was a long time ago, but in the latest update, the background colour for nodes is removed if you change them to icons. It used to be green for new and grey for no new, as it is when you don't display icons. Is there a way to fix this while showing icons?
We added a style property specifically for node glyph icons. Since those (in most cases, not all) wont have a background color. So best of both worlds. If after the next release you still have the issue let me show you then how to fix it :)

We added a style property specifically for node glyph icons. Since those (in most cases, not all) wont have a background color. So best of both worlds. If after the next release you still have the issue let me show you then how to fix it :)
Okay, thanks!
I've just updated to the latest version and the "Menu" button on mobile isn't working. It simply just doesn't work. Is there anything you could think of that could cause this?

Okay, thanks!
I've just updated to the latest version and the "Menu" button on mobile isn't working. It simply just doesn't work. Is there anything you could think of that could cause this?
Hmm try creating a ticket with admin and URL credentials. Ill debug it! :)

I still dont figured how update obsolete templates, i select the obsolete template, and "view edit" and remove green evidenced things and put the red evicenced things?
Because i have customized directly the original theme years ago and i now i want use the correct method with childs... i can't use the tool for update obsolete templates but it give this: The custom template is out of date but has been edited more recently than the parent. Merging can only be done by hand.

Also can you add me to buyer list? :)

Last edited:
Super small request. In the uix_visitorTabs template, how about adding the "Av{$visitor.user_id}s" class to the span?
<span class="avatar"> to <span class="avatar Av{$visitor.user_id}s">

When you update your avatar that class enables it to change immediately.

uix.css

Code:
/* Remove wrapping around index nodes */
.nodeList#forums {
  padding: 0;
  background: none;
  border: none;
}

.nodeList#forums
Right?

Or better:
#forums.nodeList
?

@Mike Creuzer , check please.

@Mike Creuzer I had a suggestion for your UI.X Framework. At the moment you had toggle on/off for things like nodes or sidebar, i would like to see it in message_user_info to toogle on/off extraUserInfo. Is it possible? I don't want to install an AddOn just for this simple feature .. ;)

Nice work.
I'm using this in RTL site. and I have some issues with the sidebar overlapping the content.
is there any temporary css fix for this?

Super small request. In the uix_visitorTabs template, how about adding the "Av{$visitor.user_id}s" class to the span?
<span class="avatar"> to <span class="avatar Av{$visitor.user_id}s">

When you update your avatar that class enables it to change immediately.

Got that added good idea :)

uix.css

Code:
/* Remove wrapping around index nodes */
.nodeList#forums {
  padding: 0;
  background: none;
  border: none;
}

.nodeList#forums
Right?

Or better:
#forums.nodeList
?

@Mike Creuzer , check please.

No difference at all :)

@Mike Creuzer I had a suggestion for your UI.X Framework. At the moment you had toggle on/off for things like nodes or sidebar, i would like to see it in message_user_info to toogle on/off extraUserInfo. Is it possible? I don't want to install an AddOn just for this simple feature .. ;)

Yes @Stuart Wright wanted this as well so we started building it a bit ago. Its on the list to finish up. Wont be in next release but likely next after.

Nice work.
I'm using this in RTL site. and I have some issues with the sidebar overlapping the content.
is there any temporary css fix for this?

You'll need to disable sticky sidebar, it is incompatible I'm afraid with RTL. But RTL is something we want to tackle next.

A few very important notes about UI.X

The feature-packed update is a mere 1 to 2 days away, its all packaged up and ready to go. These are some very important things to note for preparation:
  • DO NOT upgrade UI.X the traditional way, when we do release
  • BACKUP your current version of UI.X and any child themes
  • UI.X is now supported by an add-on (phrases, features, permissions, lots of good stuff), this add-on is required as we have now supported phrases
  • Installation is now handled via the add-on (optional but highly preferred as this will alert you when there are updates in your ACP and allow one-click upgrades)
  • This add-on makes a callback to our server ONLY to check for updates to themes -- how else could we tell you this information.
  • NO INFORMATION IS GATHERED ABOUT YOUR SITE FROM THIS CALLBACK

The upgrade process (2 ways)

First method:
  1. After you get the email and/or we post here, you can go to your customer area to find the package as usual
  2. What you download will be the UI.X add-on alone
  3. Install the add-on
  4. It will prompt you to enter an API key that you will need from Audentio Design (you can get one now at that link)
  5. After that has been accepted you can go to Appearance > Styles. Find your UI.X and there should be an icon that says Sync with UI.X Add-on. Click this.
  6. After doing so, you will get a message saying that you have a theme out dated. Clicking the prompt will allow you to upgrade your UI.X right there. No downloading files necessary anymore.
It will look something like this:

Screen Shot 2015-02-14 at 3.05.55 PM.webp

Second method:

1. Same as above except that instead of steps 5 and 6 you would just install UI.X instead of syncing your current UI.X. No difference really.
  2. You will now have two UI.X themes installed so you'll want to move your child theme to the new install of UI.X
  3. Uninstall the old UI.X theme
When you have done so, it'll look like this:

Screen Shot 2015-02-14 at 3.09.21 PM.webp
Note that templates and style properties for UI.X are removed as they should not be touched. All changes should always be made to a child theme.

Then typical upgrading (merging outdated templates on your child theme and such) still apply.

A few other points:

• The footer columns
  • The social media URLs
  • The welcome block
  • The sidebar toggle
These are now all controlled by the add-on instead of style properties. This means that if you don't make a backup you will loose the content you've added in. Note that the main benefit here is that you can now have multiple themes all with the same footer without having to copy them to a bunch of themes manually. Another benefit is also permissions. For example, you can make the welcome block visible to usergroup Y and Z and not X. Or the collapsible sidebar can only be used by Gold members for example.

Need help upgrading?

We have always offered upgrading services for UI.X. The cost is dependent on time, but the average upgrade is just an hour if you have your child theme properly setup, which this new add-on now ensures. If you do not, the cost averages at around 3 hours. Message us here if you want to book an appointment for us to upgrade your theme(s) for you.

Thanks a lot all, we're really looking forward to this, another huge milestone for this amazing product that we've poured every ounce of our being into. We are really proud of it and we hope you like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom