UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Hi

I am getting users reporting an issue with pasting, using iOS.

The issue is, when holding down on the screen in the comment box, the 'Paste' notice pops up then disappears before it can be pressed.

The issue occurs in both Safari and Chrome. In Safari the 'Paste' notice flicks and disappears, and in Chrome, the 'Paste' notice appears, but does not respond to touching.

This has been reported by 2 users and I have also replicated it myself.

Any idea how to fix this and has this been recognized by anyone else?

Cheers

Last edited:
I love this template, but it is somehow slow on smartphones (nexus 5 and also nexus 7). I'm not the only one who complain on my forum. I'll try to update it to the latest version to see if things have changed.
No problem on my forum with default or another free style, only with uix. I also looked at other forums who use it and were also slow

Hi

I am getting users reporting an issue with pasting, using iOS.

The issue is, when holding down on the screen in the comment box, the 'Paste' notice pops up then disappears before it can be pressed.

The issue occurs in both Safari and Chrome. In Safari the 'Paste' notice flicks and disappears, and in Chrome, the 'Paste' notice appears, but does not respond to touching.

This has been reported by 2 users and I have also replicated it myself.

Any idea how to fix this and has this been recognized by anyone else?

Cheers
I'm using iOS and I haven't noticed this on my site. Can you give any more details - iOS version used? Just profile comments box, or all instances of the text editor? Also are you using the latest version if UI.X?

I love this template, but it is somehow slow on smartphones (nexus 5 and also nexus 7). I'm not the only one who complain on my forum. I'll try to update it to the latest version to see if things have changed.
No problem on my forum with default or another free style, only with uix. I also looked at other forums who use it and were also slow
Slow, really? In what particular way? Are you using the latest version of UI.X?

I'm using a Nexus 7 and also an Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and I have found UI.X to be quicker than the default style. I have noticed some slowness on occasions in the rich text editor when typing but that's it.

@Martok thanks for answering, I'm using the 1.4.3.0 version but I will update soon. Could you please have a look on my forum kiaclub.it and see if it's fast for you?

I'm using iOS and I haven't noticed this on my site. Can you give any more details - iOS version used? Just profile comments box, or all instances of the text editor? Also are you using the latest version if UI.X?

Hey. Thanks for the response.

-iOS 8.2 in all cases where the issue has been reported.
-All instances of the text editor; comments, status, etc.
-Latest version (as far as I am aware)

I don't know how to explain well but it's not fluid when scrolling. I don't have the same browsing experience and fluidity as the default theme

P. S. I am using Chrome as browser and Android 4.4

I'm using the 1.4.3.0 version but I will update soon
I'd recommend that, there are speed improvements in later versions.

I've checked your site and it's slow on both PC and mobile. I'm not entirely sure that's down to UI.X though - the images in adverts are slow to show, and I don't think UI.X would cause that. There could be another issue that's causing this, though I don't know what.

I'm on tablet right now so cannot check it from pc, but it was not slow from pc. Strange is that with default style is more fluid. For ads (there is only one banner) I'm using the asynchronous codes.
Thanks for checking, I will update and let you know how is going.

Currently Done Feature List:
  • You know how when you go to edit a page in the ACP, the textarea is 1 line tall? Keep having to resize the textarea? We fix this in the next release :D for all you code monkeys I hope you can appreciate, I know Im quite happy (see screenshot)
  • Added Steam to social media list
  • Significant improvement to sticky/unsticky and scroll performance - @kylerc did a number here
  • Ability to add css classes per node
  • Ability to add CSS per node :D (see screenshot)
  • Ability to add icons per node (supports inheritance) - so you can add a rocket ship font awesome icon to all forums under category X or just forum y, your choice. (see screenshot)
  • Added settings to be able to remove breadcrumbs, page title, content wrappers, add in welcome block and a few others on the node page level. Great for custom home pages (gasp!)
  • Sticky footer allows you to move .footer either in the top or bottom half now - will fix some border issues some people were having
  • RTL support, FINALLY (sorry for those who have been asking) - wasn't hard was mainly just the sidebar
  • Setting to move top control out of breadcrumb like most other forums
  • Removed new indicators for guests - a few people asked for this
Expected To Be Completed In Next Release Feature List:
  • Drag and drop nodes
  • Ability to start a node as collapsed
  • Width toggler - switch from fixed to fluid (see screenshot)
  • Users can toggle sticky options if they don't want them (@Stuart Wright) - users can individually turn off sticky nav, sticky userbar, and/or sticky sidebar
  • Alerts will be styled in off canvas navs
  • Mark threads on mobile/mark viewed on XFMG issue
  • Featured resources look a bit funky sometimes
  • Clicking alerts in off canvas visitor tabs marks it as read temporarily, will be fixed
  • Separate sticky and threads (a bar) - we already do this with color of course but a bar has been requested
  • Member card close icon sometimes overlaps text
Bugs Already Fixed:
  • some interface ACP improvements so its easier to find things
  • when clicking notice paginations, the page would jump - this is fixed
  • If no search permission existed userbar would still show up if that was the only item in there. This has been fixed so userbar will disappear
  • IE9 node list issues not displaying - now supports back to IE7
  • Caching and other JS bugs
  • Nodes would float left on default style if using node grid - fixed
  • Better differentiation between unread and red conversations in off canvas visitor tabs menu
  • Disabling welcome in style property would not disable the welcome block html - fixed
  • Overflow issue on off canvas menus
  • Visitor tab off canvas nav would show some random links on load - fixed
  • Creating an album, the modal had some unreadable text, fixed
  • If post pagination < 2, we hide the pagination scroller
  • Welcome block and everything now supports HTML
  • XenGallery margin next to comments fixed once and for all
  • Background issue behind some resource pages with the stars being gray, thats been removed
  • Last poster on a category node works
  • New indicator in posts positioning and border radius was off
  • We put all welcome block code in one template so its more organized - but this will require a page_container merge so just be aware
And as always, we've been making optimizations. Kyler was able to knock off another 35% on uix.init(), so that means even faster load time.
Hello. In this theme, i can set background? Is it easy to do this?

I'm on tablet right now so cannot check it from pc, but it was not slow from pc. Strange is that with default style is more fluid. For ads (there is only one banner) I'm using the asynchronous codes.
Thanks for checking, I will update and let you know how is going.

See if upgrading from 1.4.3.0 helps. I'm Audentio's main javascript developer and have done quite a lot of work to improve our javascript performance over the last few releases. Going from 1.4.3 to 1.4.5.1 should "feel" quite a bit better as a lot of our javascript was rewritten to be a lot quicker and more efficient. One of our functions is, last I checked, 218 times faster in 1.4.5.1 compared to 1.4.3 and UI.X initializes all its javascript at least twice as fast now. For our next release I've rewritten many of our scroll functions to improve performance even more (and been able to shave about 30% more off our UI.X init). Performance is something we are taking very seriously, so let us know if you notice room for improvement :). That said, UI.X also makes it very easy to turn off features if you are concerned about performance (for example, if you disable sticky elements). In stock UI.X I don't generally find this necessary, but depending on the number of ads you load and any number of external variables it might help your users on your specific site.

Let me know if you still notice any issues after your upgrade and I'll take a look at your site.

Last edited:
Hey. Thanks for the response.

-iOS 8.2 in all cases where the issue has been reported.
-All instances of the text editor; comments, status, etc.
-Latest version (as far as I am aware)

I haven't heard anything about this, but would you mind either posting your website URL or opening a ticket on www.audentio.com? I'll take a look and see if I can replicate this.

I've no idea if it was reported or fixed for next version, but got this error today:

Code:
Info concernant l'erreur
ErrorException: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given - library/Audentio/UIX/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php:25
Généré par: Compte inconnu, Aujourd'hui à 01:46
Trace de la pile
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'array_key_exist...', '/srv/d_cs-amx/w...', 25, Array)
#1 /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/library/Audentio/UIX/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php(25): array_key_exists(23, '<!DOCTYPE html>...')
#2 [internal function]: Audentio_UIX_CronEntry_UpdateCheck::styles(Array)
#3 /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(357): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#4 /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#5 /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999959468842, '')
#6 /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999959468842, '', false)
#7 /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#8 /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#9 {main}
Etat de la requête
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(30) "https://cs-amx.fr/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(39) "/discussions/sortie-de-black-messa.229/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

I've no idea if it was reported or fixed for next version, but got this error today:

Code:
Info concernant l'erreur
ErrorException: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given - library/Audentio/UIX/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php:25
Généré par: Compte inconnu, Aujourd'hui à 01:46
Trace de la pile
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'array_key_exist...', '/srv/d_cs-amx/w...', 25, Array)
#1 /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/library/Audentio/UIX/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php(25): array_key_exists(23, '<!DOCTYPE html>...')
#2 [internal function]: Audentio_UIX_CronEntry_UpdateCheck::styles(Array)
#3 /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(357): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#4 /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#5 /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999959468842, '')
#6 /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999959468842, '', false)
#7 /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#8 /srv/d_cs-amx/www/cs-amx.fr/htdocs/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#9 {main}
Etat de la requête
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(30) "https://cs-amx.fr/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(39) "/discussions/sortie-de-black-messa.229/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Hm. I haven't gotten that error before. Do you have your API key set? If so, is it correct? That's the only thing I could think of that could possibly cause something like this

Yes it is, otherwise I would not likely be able to install/sync style. I had no issue to install styles days ago, I just get this error for the first time today.

This might be worth to note that forum (and likely no one) use the style yet. Wild guess: maybe code assumes forum is using UIX by default?

Last edited:
I have chosen "float logo next to navigation" under Navigation. Now I would like to narrow down the gutter between the the logo and the navigation, been searching a long time among templates but haven't found anything. Could anybody help?

I did update to latest version, the style is much more fluid on mobile and also on desktop. I'll test it better in the next days.

I have some problems with new version:
1) I don't remember where I can set the menu in pink to sticky. I attach a screenshot.
sticky.webp
Solved, I found it ;)

2) instead of my ad I see a blank space, could this be related to the style, or am I missing something? The ad is working, I test it on another website.
ads.webp

3) the Welcome block is not visible. I set permissions to be visible for guests. Maybe there are some conflicts with my ad which is in the same position

Last edited:
Just wanted to say how easy this theme/framework is to edit, I absolutely love it, been recreating old themes we used to have that the author dropped support for and don't work on the new versions of xenforo.
Here's the first one i've been working on, all css based, no images (besides the logo).
suHiAGu.png

Top Bottom