Fixed Title case inconsistency with Log in and Sign Up buttons

So the i from Log in should be uppercase? Or the U from Sign Up lowercase? What about the present Stay logged in checkbox from the bottom picture?

Buttons are title case.
I think this is the only one which isn't.

"Stay logged in" is a checkbox, not a button, so it follows the same convention as the radio buttons.

"Stay logged in" is a checkbox, not a button, so it follows the same convention as the radio buttons.
I mean the checkbox isn't needed when you sign up. Only when you log in. Hence why it should be disabled when trying to register.

This was actually an intentional case as I simply didn't like the look of Log In rather than Log in; I figured that the lowercase i actually made it more readable. Anyone may feel free to disagree and I'll consider changing it ;)

You can choose to stay logged in when you sign up.
I thought the same. But being the geek I am, I decided to check.

The checkbox has no effect on a new registration. When the registration has taken place it sets the remember key regardless of that checkbox state prior to registration. So as there is already some JS magic that modifies that area of the form depending on whether it is a Log in or Sign up it might be worth extending that to hide the remember checkbox. Or at least carrying that checkbox state through the registration process..

This was actually an intentional case as I simply didn't like the look of Log In rather than Log in; I figured that the lowercase i actually made it more readable. Anyone may feel free to disagree and I'll consider changing it ;)
I don't disagree. But it seems some don't like the inconsistency. So what about Log in and Sign up vs. Log in and Sign Up?

I'd hate to disagree against you, but in this case I'm going to have to :p.

I'd rather it be 'Log In'.

I've already edited the phrase on my own installation so whatever is decided won't have any effect on me personally.
I only reported it as it seemed like an unintentional oversight.

For log in buttons, I would capitalize it... It feels correct that way. Thing is, what you're trying to do is a call-out to the user.

Everything else is fine.

I'm not really bothered by it, that's just how I feel, that's all. It's your software.

Both sentence case for me, Facebook and Google.

View attachment 66943
The only reason I can think of for these differences between us is maybe our geographic location. I guess Gmail and Facebook have different versions for UK and US.

Edit: Yes, I was right. Go to Facebook, choose English US, and you will see "Log In". Choose English UK and you'll see "Log in". I don't know any British English rules, so it's up to you guys.

Last edited:
Top Bottom