Threadmarks

Threadmarks 1.5.4

No permission to download
When adding a threadmark to test it, I'm getting this error:

Code:
Invalid model 'XenES_Model_Elasticsearch' specified

XenForo_Model::create() in Sidane/Threadmarks/Search/DataHandler/Threadmark.php at line 13
    Sidane_Threadmarks_Search_DataHandler_Threadmark->__construct() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php at line 328
    XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract::create() in Sidane/Threadmarks/DataWriter/Threadmark.php at line 227
    Sidane_Threadmarks_DataWriter_Threadmark->_getSearchDataHandler() in Sidane/Threadmarks/DataWriter/Threadmark.php at line 127
    Sidane_Threadmarks_DataWriter_Threadmark->_insertOrUpdateSearchIndex() in Sidane/Threadmarks/DataWriter/Threadmark.php at line 116
    Sidane_Threadmarks_DataWriter_Threadmark->_indexForSearch() in Sidane/Threadmarks/DataWriter/Threadmark.php at line 83
    Sidane_Threadmarks_DataWriter_Threadmark->_postSaveAfterTransaction() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1437
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Sidane/Threadmarks/Model/Threadmarks.php at line 203
    Sidane_Threadmarks_Model_Threadmarks->setThreadMark() in Sidane/Threadmarks/ControllerPublic/Post.php at line 78
    Sidane_Threadmarks_ControllerPublic_Post->actionThreadmark() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/username/public_html/index.php at line 13

@Xon how do you use it on sufficient velocity?
I see it useful to "postmark" new year messages in long threads for example, postmark the first post of "2014", "2015", "2016" or to postmark useful information.

I updated now from 1.1.5 to 1.2.0

Now I cant open "view all thredmarks" (Overlay) nor the new "Index" button (next, previus do work) - bug, or do I things wrong?

And also the same as by Infopro - when I would create a new threadmarker, this come up and nothing is created:
upload_2016-11-3_20-20-23.webp
And I have Elastic Search from Xenforo not installed. ;)

Edit - next litle Bug:
The phrase "click_to_lock" is as "Click to unlock" installed - thats wrong, it must be "Click to lock". ;)

Edit - litle bit funny:
The descriptions for style settings from Threadmarks is litle bit like "BETA-mode". Things like "?????" or questions as description text ist not realy helpfull. :D
I see this, as I would update my translation to german language...

regards

Last edited:
@Xon how do you use it on sufficient velocity?
I see it useful to "postmark" new year messages in long threads for example, postmark the first post of "2014", "2015", "2016" or to postmark useful information.
It is predominately used on my site to mark chapters, snippets of fanfiction & roleplay content. Some ~84000 times on Sufficient Velocity and ~86000 times on SpaceBattles

Code:

XenForo_Model::create() in Sidane/Threadmarks/Search/DataHandler/Threadmark.php at line 13
    Sidane_Threadmarks_Search_DataHandler_Threadmark->__construct() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php at line 328
    XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract::create() in Sidane/Threadmarks/DataWriter/Threadmark.php at line 227
    Sidane_Threadmarks_DataWriter_Threadmark->_getSearchDataHandler() in Sidane/Threadmarks/DataWriter/Threadmark.php at line 127
    Sidane_Threadmarks_DataWriter_Threadmark->_insertOrUpdateSearchIndex() in Sidane/Threadmarks/DataWriter/Threadmark.php at line 116
    Sidane_Threadmarks_DataWriter_Threadmark->_indexForSearch() in Sidane/Threadmarks/DataWriter/Threadmark.php at line 83
    Sidane_Threadmarks_DataWriter_Threadmark->_postSaveAfterTransaction() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1437
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Sidane/Threadmarks/Model/Threadmarks.php at line 203
    Sidane_Threadmarks_Model_Threadmarks->setThreadMark() in Sidane/Threadmarks/ControllerPublic/Post.php at line 78
    Sidane_Threadmarks_ControllerPublic_Post->actionThreadmark() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/username/public_html/index.php at line 13
I updated now from 1.1.5 to 1.2.0

Now I cant open "view all thredmarks" (Overlay) nor the new "Index" button (next, previus do work) - bug, or do I things wrong?

And also the same as by Infopro - when I would create a new threadmarker, this come up and nothing is created:
View attachment 143153
And I have Elastic Search from Xenforo not installed. ;)

Edit - next litle Bug:
The phrase "click_to_lock" is as "Click to unlock" installed - thats wrong, it must be "Click to lock". ;)

Edit - litle bit funny:
The descriptions for style settings from Threadmarks is litle bit like "BETA-mode". Things like "?????" or questions as description text ist not realy helpfull. :D
I see this, as I would update my translation to german language...

regards
Please try this version; https://github.com/sidane/xenforo-threadmarks/archive/master.zip it should fix both issues (incorrect phrase + bad detection of Elastic Search)

Note; you need to ensure the relevant permissions are updated. I think I missed putting them in the description. There are also some options you can fiddle with too.

Hello,

the Elastic Search Error is gone - good. (y)

But also after resetting the group rights, I cant acces (open) the Threadmarks "Index".
I only see for a short time a loading bar in the upper right corner and than - nothing, I see the thread view with the posts as bevore.
upload_2016-11-4_7-38-47.webp

This is the not working index link:
Code:
https://www.my-domain.de/forum/threads/06-07-mai-2017-2-iam-a-thread.4053/threadmarks

Any idea?:unsure:

Edit: It was me - I have run th Umatrix Plugin in Chrome and this blocked cloudflare and certain google scipts - its working now. :whistle:(y)

Reactions: Xon
The next major version update, 1.3.0, will use a local copy of jsTree rather than the cloudflare CDN version and some minor performance improvements, and the ability to add threadmarks from quick reply/thread reply.

Code:

Hello,

the Elastic Search Error is gone - good. (y)

But also after resetting the group rights, I cant acces (open) the Threadmarks "Index".
I only see for a short time a loading bar in the upper right corner and than - nothing, I see the thread view with the posts as bevore.
View attachment 143168

This is the not working index link:
Code:
https://www.my-domain.de/forum/threads/06-07-mai-2017-2-iam-a-thread.4053/threadmarks

Any idea?:unsure:

Edit: It was me - I have run th Umatrix Plugin in Chrome and this blocked cloudflare and certain google scipts - its working now. :whistle:(y)
Apologies, but I pushed the wrong version if in the XML file (this hasn't been released yet). It should have been 1.2.1 not 2.0.1, and this includes the version id string which xenforo uses to prevent downgrades.

You can fix this by changing your site into debug mode, and setting the version_id to 1020100 instead of 2000100 and the version string. Uninstalling the addon will delete the data, which you probably want to avoid.

Apologies, but I pushed the wrong version if in the XML file (this hasn't been released yet). It should have been 1.2.1 not 2.0.1, and this includes the version id string which xenforo uses to prevent downgrades.

You can fix this by changing your site into debug mode, and setting the version_id to 1020100 instead of 2000100 and the version string. Uninstalling the addon will delete the data, which you probably want to avoid.

Actually I'm fine with killing this all together. I missed the part that explained this app was phoning out somewhere for foreign files:
The next major version update, 1.3.0, will use a local copy of jsTree rather than the cloudflare CDN version

Will changing the version enable me to remove it completely? As of this moment, I can't it seems:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''sidane_tm_manage', 'sidane_tm_add', 'sidane_tm_delete', 'sidane_tm_edit', 'sida' at line 2

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Sidane/Threadmarks/Install.php at line 175
    Sidane_Threadmarks_Install::uninstall()
    call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 214
    XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in AddOnInstaller/XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 10
    AddOnInstaller_XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1793
    XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 123
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/username/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Why would anyone push a new app version out without testing it properly, at least once, first?

This version fixes the uninstaller and makes the jsTree library be loaded from a local copy
https://github.com/Xon/xenforo-threadmarks/archive/v1.2.1a.zip

Actually I'm fine with killing this all together. I missed the part that explained this app was phoning out somewhere for foreign files:
It is using a javascript library on a CDN. This is not particularly uncommon, and is was a trivial fix.

Will changing the version enable me to remove it completely? As of this moment, I can't it seems:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''sidane_tm_manage', 'sidane_tm_add', 'sidane_tm_delete', 'sidane_tm_edit', 'sida' at line 2

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Sidane/Threadmarks/Install.php at line 175
    Sidane_Threadmarks_Install::uninstall()
    call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 214
    XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in AddOnInstaller/XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 10
    AddOnInstaller_XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1793
    XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 123
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/username/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Why would anyone push a new app version out without testing it properly, at least once, first?
The install process and functionality is heavily tested. The uninstall isn't as much. And this is a free add-on.

But see the top of this post for a fixed build

The uninstaller didn't finish, and thus leftover some bits & pieces. I'ld recommend installing 1.2.1a and then uninstalling it.

The proper uninstall was successful.

There are no disclosure requirements for using a CDN to host static assets.

This comment is disconcerting and noted.

Thanks for the fix to remove it from my server.

Top Bottom