Threadmarks

Threadmarks 1.5.4

No permission to download
Now updated again - works better now. (1.2.1.a)

Questions:
When I today mark a post from - let me say, 2012 and I unceck the box for "Add to end"... will then be the marker added in chronologic series in other existing markers in this thread?
When "add to end" is unchecked, it finds the first threadmark before the post you are threadmarking and adds a new threadmark after it.

This can get complex if you are dealling with a custom sorted threadmark index. The "next" link is the next threadmark according to the index, not next threadmark in the thread.

What exactly does the lock / unlock function in marker index?
It allows you to reorder threadmarks. It is disabled by default because it is annoying to accidently move things around.

When "add to end" is unchecked, it finds the first threadmark before the post you are threadmarking and adds a new threadmark after it.

This can get complex if you are dealling with a custom sorted threadmark index. The "next" link is the next threadmark according to the index, not next threadmark in the thread.
I will that it sort by post date only - the ability to sort it per drag and drop will be a dream, but no must have for me. :)

It allows you to reorder threadmarks. It is disabled by default because it is annoying to accidently move things around.
Ok ... when its unlocked, I can do what? I "see" no changes when I lock or unlock. I will try some tests now to better understanding this functionality.

Ok ... when its unlocked, I can do what? I "see" no changes when I lock or unlock. I will try some tests now to better understanding this functionality.
Locked view:
locked.webp

Unlocked:
unlocked.webp

Can you see if there are any javascript errors?

Ah... when its unlocked, I can drag and drop the markers to sort them. Now ist clear. I will test it tomorow... Thanks for the hint. :)

Edit: it works. Great.

Reactions: Xon
Good morning...

I played around with this now and must say, its a cool idea but in this way it works, I mean its not end-user friendly enough. :unsure:

Iam a admin with over 15 years work with forums (phpBB, vBulletin and Xenforo) and I have at first time not understand how the new sorting feature work.
Now, I understand it but I ask me: can my users (non admins, non developers) understand how it works?
The user only see the lock symbol - nothing hints them to click on it for sorting everthing. And when he click and unlock - also nothing hints the user what he can now do...:confused:

So I think there is a litle bit to do to make this cool feature more end user friendly. ;)

Instead a lock/unlock symbol it would be better to use Buttons like "Sort" and "Save" and when we click on "Sort" then it would be nice when every marker we see just become a "Drag&Drop" Icon in front of that tells us what we can now do...

Last edited:
I played around with this now and must say, its a cool idea but in this way it works, I mean its not end-user friendly enough. :unsure:
Explaining new UI features can often be difficult and I'm open to suggestion on how to make it better. Some better explaining text would help I believe, but once you get used to the UI is is straight forward to use.

Thank you very much for this absolutely epic addon.

I have one very small request to measure the effectiveness of this addon.

For the links could the following be created: example .com/threads/threadmarks.90330/page-6?utm_source=threadmarks&utm_campaign=thread_name&utm_medium=link

So: ?utm_source=threadmarks&utm_campaign=thread_name&utm_medium=link

needs to be appended where thread_name is dynamic.. if thats asking too much the src/medium would still be epic :)

Getting lots of errors, all the same...

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Helper_Php::safeUnserialize() - library/Sidane/Threadmarks/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:38

Getting lots of errors, all the same...

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Helper_Php::safeUnserialize() - library/Sidane/Threadmarks/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:38
I assume you have an old version of XenForo?

One user was having error 500 issues from it, waiting to hear if the old version fixed that. Most of the issues seemed to come from the label field above the Utica reply box.

This are Threadmarks - not bookmarks. What the name says is what it does and that is good so. :)

Tried to upgrade but I get an error. Now I've disabled it...

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access level to Sidane_Threadmarks_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread::_assertCanReplyToThread() must be public (as in class Andy_FirstPost_ControllerPublic_Thread) - library/Sidane/Threadmarks/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:209
Generated By: Unknown Account, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(61) "http://forum.kog.it/threads/cena-di-natale-2016.13325/page-13"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Delete...Close

Top Bottom