Threadmarks

Threadmarks 1.5.4

No permission to download

Sidane

Sidane submitted a new resource:

Threadmarks - Tag specific posts in a thread so they can be easily navigated to.

This add-on adds support to XenForo for tagging specific posts in a thread so they can be easily navigated to.

This is useful for long threads discussing a topic over a lengthy period of time and many pages. A threadmark allows a user to quickly jump to a specific post which is related to a certain event, date, or whatever is relevant to the thread....

Read more about this resource...

That looks awesome Si! Definately a much needed app for a sports forum! Thanks heaps mate!

@Sidane any reason for using template hooks? They are largely considered deprecated, and typically offer poorer performance.

I'll have a pull request from github with some improvements soon.

:edit:
I'm immediately working on changes for:
  1. Making thread marks respect a post's visible status, and handling when posts are hard deleted that the old thread mark is cleaned up.
  2. Converting the global options into per-group permissions.

Last edited:
Wow very interesting! Just a question. I'd like to install it on my forum so that admin and moderator can manage TM but users can only see and use them. Is that the way it's meant to be? I've seen a permission option just to manage TM but not to see them by the users and I don't want users can set TM.

Wow very interesting! Just a question. I'd like to install it on my forum so that admin and moderator can manage TM but users can only see and use them. Is that the way it's meant to be? I've seen a permission option just to manage TM but not to see them by the users and I don't want users can set TM.
Yes its all permission driven. Works great!

I'm currently adding the ability allow users to set thread marks on their own threads in my development copy.

I've already started requesting that @Sidane accept my changes on GitHub. At worse I can fork this addon, and re-upload with minimum changes due to the licencing of this addon.

@Sidane any reason for using template hooks? They are largely considered deprecated, and typically offer poorer performance.

I'll have a pull request from github with some improvements soon.

:edit:
I'm immediately working on changes for:
  1. Making thread marks respect a post's visible status, and handling when posts are hard deleted that the old thread mark is cleaned up.
  2. Converting the global options into per-group permissions.

Cheers @Xon, will review that pull request this evening.

Wasn't aware template hooks were deprecated, good to know :)

Reactions: Xon
Cheers @Xon, will review that pull request this evening.
Great!

The next feature I want to add is to move all the configuration bits into per-group permissions. And to allow thread-starters to mark *any* post in the thread with a threadmark (also gated by permissions).

Wasn't aware template hooks were deprecated, good to know :)
Looking through your commit log, I can see why you used them.

My recommendation is to use template modifications to inject an template include statement like so:
Code:
$0
<xen:include template="mytemplate" />

Last edited:
My recommendation is to use template modifications to inject an template include statement like so:
Code:
$0
<xen:include template="mytemplate" />

Yeah I've used that approach in other add-ons. Definitely a tidier way of doing it.

The next feature I want to add is to move all the configuration bits into per-group permissions. And to allow thread-starters to mark *any* post in the thread with a threadmark (also gated by permissions).

Sounds good.

This works well! One suggestion: could the "Threadmarks" drop-down menu be visible even when there is just one page? Otherwise set threadmarks can't be managed until there is at least one full page + 1 messages.

This works well! One suggestion: could the "Threadmarks" drop-down menu be visible even when there is just one page? Otherwise set threadmarks can't be managed until there is at least one full page + 1 messages.

Yes, this is a known issue that will be fixed in an upcoming version.

And thank you so much for this addon! Very clever idea. Just keep maintain and develop his. Very usefull, indeed.

Top Bottom