Threadmarks

Threadmarks 1.5.4

No permission to download
Sidane updated Threadmarks with a new update entry:

Threadmarks

Changes:
  • respect post visibility when listing threadmarks (i.e. threadmarks on hidden posts aren't listed)
  • more fine grained permissions (see Overview)
  • threadmark label length increased from 100 characters to 255
  • ensure threadmarks remain on posts when moved to a different thread (note: uses deferred task so threadmarks will take a few seconds to appear in target thread)
  • threadmarks button is now clickable to open all threadmarks list
  • display threadmarks menu on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks to @Xon for his awesome help with this update!

Last edited:
Reactions: Xon
Hello Sidane,

thanks for this realy nice add-on. :)

Question - I have made a german translation for this add-on, can I upload this here for other users to share? Its only a language XML file.

regards

I was checked...
OUTSTANDING WORK! Thank you so much! Now this is very useful addon, even without future features. ;)
Please, continue development this addon.
ONE query for all trademarks in all threads! Excellent! How you do that?! (y)

Question - I have made a german translation for this add-on, can I upload this here for other users to share? Its only a language XML file.
This addon is MIT licences, so in a nutshell what matters is any translations have the same licence with the copyright assigned to Sidane.

Of course, with agreement Sidane can assign copyright for the translations over to someone else. Isn't copyright fun?

ONE query for all trademarks in all threads! Excellent! How you do that?! (y)
The one query is for the recent threadmarks in a thread, and it is designed to be easily cacheable as a future feature.

The addon functions by including a little extra data in the query which fetches data. This does add a bit of overhead, but very little compared to a separate query.

Last edited:
What a licence is not my interesting, i will not sell this translation or add a copyright notice. All i do is, i quest the author... ;)

But ok, i upload it to resources under the same MIT licence and hope its right. :)

As you can see - my Threadmarks 1.1 german translation is zipped attached now.

Attachments

Reactions: Xon
What a licence is not my interesting, i will not sell this translation or add a copyright notice. All i do is, i quest the author... ;)

But ok, i upload it to resources under the same MIT licence and hope its right. :)

As you can see - my Threadmarks 1.1 german translation is zipped attached now.

Thanks Otto. I've added your translation resource to the 'Related Resources' section.

@otto there are three new phrases in v1.1.1 if you want to translate them:
  • moderator_log_post_create_threadmark
  • moderator_log_post_delete_threadmark
  • moderator_log_post_update_threadmark

This is very useful.

What's the recommended procedure for upgrading while preserving existing threadmarks? Will just installing over the top work?

This is very useful.

What's the recommended procedure for upgrading while preserving existing threadmarks? Will just installing over the top work?
yes that is correct. It will work and preserve existing threadmarks.

I love this addon. Great for sites with huge pages in a thread.

Hello,

i have now updated my german translation file for this add-on to the latest version 1.1.2 - you can download it over the link on the overview page here ("Related Resources"). :like

@Sidane
The new moderators log works like a charm - thanks for this feature.

And a question - in version 1.1 we have a timestamp near every marker - now with version 1.1.2 this is never shown. Its a feature or a bug? ;)
If a feature, i think it would be better to make a option in acp settings or usergroup settings to take this on or off. :)

regards

Hello Sidane,

right next to each threadmark in the list of threadmarks (drop down) could you previously see the date on which the market Post was created.
Now there's nothing to see - only the titel from the treadmark.

That is what iam missing. :)

Edit:
In your Demo link you can see the datestamp right next every threadmark in the threadmark list. Since 1.1.2 (or 1.1.1) i dont see that any more. ;)

Edit2:
Here is a link to a threadmark list on my site: http://www.zetor-forum.de/forum/threads/die-zetor-5011-instandsetzung-der-lange-weg.13/

Top Bottom