Threadmarks

Threadmarks 1.5.4

No permission to download
@Sidane, thanks, nice add-on.

One of the things I liked about this add-on was the neat positioning of the menu beside the pagination links, but having just installed it, it's showing below the pagination links. Any quick way to restore it to the side? Thanks,

Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 11.30.13.webp

@Sidane,

It would also be nice to have an option to have the 'add threadmark' show (or not) above the quick reply box.
Right now it looks a bit crammed there for something that will be used occasionally. MHO.

One other thing, it would be nice to warn people in the first post that they will need to rebuild the search index. It's a bit worrying when you install an add-on and get a db error.

@Sidane, thanks, nice add-on.

One of the things I liked about this add-on was the neat positioning of the menu beside the pagination links, but having just installed it, it's showing below the pagination links. Any quick way to restore it to the side? Thanks,

View attachment 154525
The trouble with the positioning is once you have multiple categories it gets kinda nuts and makes responsive design very difficult.

@Sidane,

It would also be nice to have an option to have the 'add threadmark' show (or not) above the quick reply box.
Right now it looks a bit crammed there for something that will be used occasionally. MHO.
Part of the problem is where the heck do you stick the UI option to hide those bits.

The 'add threadmark' above the quick reply only shows if you have permission to add a threadmark, so making another admincp option for it would be doable.

One other thing, it would be nice to warn people in the first post that they will need to rebuild the search index. It's a bit worrying when you install an add-on and get a db error.
The various add-ons I maintain communicate they need you need to rebuild search indexes dynamically, they dump it into the error log for a lack of a better place to put it.

Upgrading any complex add-on tends to cause issues during the upgrade, I try my best but it is often hard to know what will break under-load while php files are being updated or XML file being applied.

Last edited:
@Xon thank you for your reply. I deeply admire your work and all my remarks were meant solely as suggestions for improvement.

The trouble with the positioning is once you have multiple categories it gets kinda nuts and makes responsive design very difficult.
While I understand that, I'm really fond of the the original, simpler design, without categories, where you'd just have one drop-down labeled 'threadmarks'. I find it hard to see the need for this complexity on a thread level but again it's just MHO.

The 'add threadmark' above the quick reply only shows if you have permission to add a threadmark, so making another admincp option for it would be doable.
It's great to know that it would restricted to the thread creator but to me this is a bit over the top, as it's really easy to just add the threadmark to a post once it's published. For now I just commented out that whole template.

The various add-ons I maintain communicate they need you need to rebuild search indexes dynamically, they dump it into the error log for a lack of a better place to put it.
Upgrading any complex add-on tends to cause issues during the upgrade, I try my best but it is often hard to know what will break under-load while php files are being updated or XML file being applied.
As I said before, I'm a fan, so there's no need to justify anything, besides the idea of throwing it in the error log is great. (y)
On this add-on, however, the 'overview' page has no mention of the need to rebuild the search index.

Thanks again,

Reactions: Xon
It looks as if the page to define threadmark categories is limited to superadmins, not just admins. Is there a particular reason for that?

It looks as if the page to define threadmark categories is limited to superadmins, not just admins. Is there a particular reason for that?
You need to grant the admin "Manage threadmarks" permission on the administrator page for the user. Super-administrators get all new permissions by default, normal administrators do not get new permissions

Hello, I have this CSS problem:

kMFtbql.png

What can I add to my style so this color is changed but I do not impact my other theme settings?

This is the thread new selector, not really sure where the style properly information for it is.

I'm not sure how much of this works for other people but here is what I added to my EXTRA.css:

Code:
.XenBase li.threadmarkListItem .newIndicator {

color: #FFF;

background-color: #2e9bda;

border-color: #16628e;

}

.XenBase li.threadmarkListItem .newIndicator span {

display: none;

}

Also, is there a way to disable the threadmark options above the quick reply and the advanced reply? I only want them to be set using the threadmark link on the bottom of each post. This is what I want to hide:

4JzGXMp.png

And this:

JlWqob3.png

Look for the template modifications with the description "Add threadmarks on reply" and "Add threadmarks on quick reply", and disable them. Or edit the template quick_reply_threadmark and remove the contents

Look for the template modifications with the description "Add threadmarks on reply" and "Add threadmarks on quick reply", and disable them. Or edit the template quick_reply_threadmark and remove the contents

That worked great, I didn't know you could disable individual changes so easily. Sign of a well coded addon I'm sure, thanks!

Sorry guys, I was trying to use this again, it installs fine and everything, but when I try to like or unlike a post, I get a javascript error.
There seems to be a conflict with Andy's Affiliate Parser mod, which I can't live without. If you can look into this, it'd be great. Thanks.

Screen-Shot-2017-12-27-at-18.42.35.webp

Top Bottom