Thread Titles Manager

Thread Titles Manager 10.0.33 Release Candidate 3

No permission to download

dethfire

Not necessarily, if the title isn't included in the URL it doesn't change.
I'm not sure what this means or when this happens? Any time I change a title, the URL changes with it on my board. Everyone is using friendly URLs now.

dethfire

Installed and ran on a forum with 76K threads and I didn't notice a performance issue.

I think we definitely need a forum exclusion list and sorting options (by date, replies, views). Dashboard could use some stats. Otherwise, great start, very interested!

Anatoliy

Are min 20 and max 70 the best settings? When should I go below 20 and go above 70?
Nobody knows that. ) That's what ahrefs says:

Screenshot_2022-07-10-23-57-12-688_com.android.chrome.jpg
When ahrefs scans my forum, it marks pages with title length > 70 as errors.

The minimum option (20) doesn't change anything but the total in a list. For fixing all thread titles that an admin considers as too short. (Yeah, right. Like I can manually fix those 6k short titles that I have ).

Last edited:

Anatoliy

That is possibly encouraging. Do you know if the increase is attributable to your title changes, or could it be something else, such as a seasonal traffic increase perhaps?
I don't know. Actually I didn't change many titles manually. not more than 100-200 out of 17k. but the add-on's template modification "fixed" around 1000 by automatically dropping "| Board title" from page titles, that are > 70. I think that is the reason. As a confirmation of this my theory is an average position change from about 30 to about 20. I guess it can't be caused by seasonal interest to a topic change.

1.png