1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Drag & Drop Thread Titles Organizer

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Daniel-SP, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Daniel-SP

Daniel-SP Active Member

Hello guys,

Since there isn't a decent way to organize aphabetically thread prefixes, I'm here to suggest a creation of a Drag & Drop feature for thread prefixes. The reason for this is that sometimes, suppous you have 20 thread prefixes ordered properly to show alphabetically and need to add a new one with letter C, you will need to arrange all other prefixes from C to Z. Its painfull when we talk about more than 20.. 30 ones.

There's already an addon that does it with thread nodes: Drag & Drop Nodes in the ACP
    Geca, Brivium and Daniel Hood like this.
  2. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I like the idea.

Until it exists though you may be interested in the method I use for setting the display order of prefixes:
    I take a numerical represntation of the letter and multiply it by 10 (i.e. a = 10, z = 260). So if I was making the following prefixes it'd look like:
    • Bug (20)
    • Not A Bug (140)
    Now if I want to make "Fixed" I can add it as 60 and not have to move anything around. Granted if I wanted to add "fine" after I made "fixed" I'd want it to be 60 and fixed to be 61 but if I'm lazy and don't want to re-order "fixed" I can make "fine" 59 and it shouldn't cause any issues (unless I have 9 prefixes already starting with the letter 'e'.

Sliding "Confirmed" as 30 after all that results in not having to adjust anything for it to appear in the correct order.

Just a recommendation.
    Daniel-SP and Chris D like this.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Thread prefixes can be ordered using the Display Order setting for each one.

Space the existing ones out like this:

Aardvark: 1000
    Apple: 1100

Ball: 2000
    Balloon: 2100

Zoo: 26000

It seems doubtful that with a numbering scheme like that, you will ever have to re-order existing ones.
    Daniel-SP and Daniel Hood like this.
  4. Daniel-SP

Daniel-SP Active Member

@Chris D @Daniel Hood

Thanks for the answer, guys. You both are correct and I agree with you. The point is that it could be a lot easier :)
  5. Daniel-SP

Daniel-SP Active Member

@******* I don't know how you are regarding the addon creation schedule but this one would be great to have around :p
  6. Brivium

Brivium Well-Known Member

This is a good idea. Let us try it :)
    Daniel-SP likes this.
  7. Geca

Geca New Member

Started working on this. It's still pretty rough around the edges (GUI-wise) but I got the main logic working. Also: Hi everybody, I'm new! :)

Daniel-SP and Mouth like this.
  8. BassMan

BassMan Well-Known Member

Hi, @Geca, nice to see you here and welcome to XenForo :)