Add-on Drag & Drop Thread Titles Organizer

Daniel-SP

Hello guys,

Since there isn't a decent way to organize aphabetically thread prefixes, I'm here to suggest a creation of a Drag & Drop feature for thread prefixes. The reason for this is that sometimes, suppous you have 20 thread prefixes ordered properly to show alphabetically and need to add a new one with letter C, you will need to arrange all other prefixes from C to Z. Its painfull when we talk about more than 20.. 30 ones.

There's already an addon that does it with thread nodes: Drag & Drop Nodes in the ACP

I like the idea.

Until it exists though you may be interested in the method I use for setting the display order of prefixes:
I take a numerical represntation of the letter and multiply it by 10 (i.e. a = 10, z = 260). So if I was making the following prefixes it'd look like:
  • Bug (20)
  • Not A Bug (140)
Now if I want to make "Fixed" I can add it as 60 and not have to move anything around. Granted if I wanted to add "fine" after I made "fixed" I'd want it to be 60 and fixed to be 61 but if I'm lazy and don't want to re-order "fixed" I can make "fine" 59 and it shouldn't cause any issues (unless I have 9 prefixes already starting with the letter 'e'.

Sliding "Confirmed" as 30 after all that results in not having to adjust anything for it to appear in the correct order.

Just a recommendation.

Thread prefixes can be ordered using the Display Order setting for each one.

Space the existing ones out like this:

Aardvark: 1000
Apple: 1100

Ball: 2000
Balloon: 2100

Zoo: 26000

etc.

It seems doubtful that with a numbering scheme like that, you will ever have to re-order existing ones.

Started working on this. It's still pretty rough around the edges (GUI-wise) but I got the main logic working. Also: Hi everybody, I'm new! :)

thread_prefix_dnd.gif

Top Bottom