from 1.0.3 Beta 9 to 10.0.33 Alpha 1. that's what I call a major update!
ProbablyWhy does it happened, because you wanted to release 1.0.3 Beta 10?
Those are all good questions.Interesting. Just a couple of questions, if we may:
Apologies if these haven't been discussed or addressed yet, just a few things that sprung to mind.
- How is the title data gathered? Manually, hourly, daily, via a cron?
- Is it done on a batch basis or as one job across the entire database?
- Are there any performance hits for large sites - e.g. 500,000+ threads?
- Are there any logs for title edits to show before/after? (in case we want to compare SEO results or revert to previous title)
We've been having serious discussions about thread title SEO recently and this would be a very handy tool to help deal with duplicate titles and low density (too short) titles.
Yes. Soft deleted and redirects.
- Does the query exclude soft-deleted thread titles?
Those are definitely should be present. The other question is that I have no idea how to implement that. )
- Is there an option to exclude threads from specific forums? (for example, we have several admin/member-only forums that are not public so would be pointless to include)
- In addition, prompted by the one above - can individual threads be excluded? (for example if you know the title is short, but it has a top ranking and brings lots of traffic already)
Lists now are ordered not by thread ID, but:
- Duplicated titles - by title length (DESC);
- Too long titles - by title length (DESC);
- Too short titles - by title length;
Actually I guess it's quite opposite. )Something that might help on old forums and with a lot of threads would be to set a search range or at least be able to sort the results by date so maybe you don't bother too much with threads that have 5, 6 , 8 or 10 years. Just an idea like that.
Which explains why my forum, which is only 10 months old, is so poorly positioned in the SERPs, and unfortunately no module can accelerate aging... So I have to be patient and wait for the first wrinkles...I can see that the biggest part of my organic traffic is brought by ancient, non active for 5-10 years threads.