Changing thread titles for SEO

JamesBrown

Is it worth going through older threads that have poor one word thread titles and give them a more meaningful, search friendly title? I can see it makes internal searches more relevant. However would such changes help or hinder SEO?

I use Full Friendly URLs

URL text does not have much weight in SEO, so the URL changing won't matter as XF really only cares about the ID.

I try not to edit the url too much.
but seo optimization of meta title and adding relevant phrases in the first post (or at least any first page post) as well as structuring h2-h3 for threads that are important for getting search traffic usually gives a positive result in the distance.

Is it worth going through older threads that have poor one word thread titles and give them a more meaningful, search friendly title?

I definitely think it is worth eating the thread title (h1) to something that has words relevant to the thread. Think about about what type of search phrase should find the thread and use something relevant to that. I have done quite a few and seen improvements fairly quickly in test searches.

Any titles such as "I have a question" are definitely titles that should be changed.

I don't think URLs are really so important.

I presume you have this addon which is great:

(It also shows titles too short)

It's can also worth editing some meta titles and descriptions, and this addon from @AndyB is good for that:

I presume you have this addon which is great:

(It also shows titles too short)
That's a neat one! I'll look into it

Top Bottom