1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Changing Thread Title

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by A.Chakery, Apr 2, 2013.

1. A.Chakery

A.Chakery Active Member

Hello,

I am working on a new website ... was testing some features and I noticed that I can not edit the thread titles ... (I am the main admin user)

Would you please tell me what I did wrong ?

V : 1.1.3

thank you

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. oldzy

oldzy Active Member

So the only way to allow reg users to edit their own titles (using the existing permissions)... is to check off Manage (move, merge, etc.) thread by anyone:? Not sure I like the idea of users being able to move/merge.

4. Jake Bunce

Correct. There is no separate permission.

5. oldzy

oldzy Active Member

I am curious as to why that is. Changing titles is very common. If and when I add a WTS/WTB forum, users need to be able to edit their titles accordingly. ie. sold - delete me please. No doubt something similar can be done with thread prefixes as well, but title edits seem important. It does not break links as mentioned, so I don't see the issue... unless there are some problem user(s) perhaps.

6. Jake Bunce

I doubt it was intentionally omitted. More likely it just hasn't been implemented yet. It has been requested.

7. Syndol

Syndol Guest

For now, there are add-ons that do what you want.