This needs attention....

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are contacted by a copyright owner (Via PM or the report function) with sufficient evidence supplied that an addon or template / theme has been ripped or stolen the resource will be removed.

At which point both parties are invited into a conversation with 1 or more moderators to resolve the situation.

To the best of my knowledge, we have had zero contact from xenfocus.com. (I at least have not been contacted).

These accusations are getting absurd and people going around trying to be the internet police are going to start being infracted.

If you are not the copyright owner of the said works in question, then contact the actual copyright owner to inform them, and if they wish to make a complaint they can do so.

The 2 threads in question are going to be cleaned up.

To re-iterate the point once more.

If you are not the copyright owner, it is not your place to make accusations on someone elses behalf, this breeds a ground for abuse. Contact the actual copyright owner and if they want to make a complaint then it will be dealt with.

Never mind, seems like it's all resolved at the moment.

Why is it so important to the author to keep these skins available, whether or not they've been ripped or not?

If it was me, I'd just delete them, or make them unavailable. It isn't like they're paid skins. And it sounds like he can't really support them either, if somebody else created 95% of them.

My problem is that if they are ripped skins, and he's asking for donations for them.

Disagree with you there Slavik and even when proof was provided in the social style release nothing was done. Adam even admitted it came from a pirate. It's just hilarious he's working on a style and magically someone comes out and says ill help you.

People look at Adam as the victim here which is hilarious, once my style site is up and say I were to go on vacation for 2 weeks, does that mean Adam is able to repost my styles for free here until I got back because you guys can't open your ****ing eyes and see a blatant rip. All because the owner isn't bringing it to your attention, just pathetic.

Disagree with you there Slavik and even when proof was provided in the social style release nothing was done. Adam even admitted it came from a pirate. It's just hilarious he's working on a style and magically someone comes out and says ill help you.

People look at Adam as the victim here which is hilarious, once my style site is up and say I were to go on vacation for 2 weeks, does that mean Adam is able to repost my styles for free here until I got back because you guys can't open your ****ing eyes and see a blatant rip. All because the owner isn't bringing it to your attention, just pathetic.

My prediction is coming to pass. Soon enough all this divided community will be left with are people with just opinions. Another two valuable contributors lost which is a damn shame. Is it safe to assume we need the developers back to handle these piracy issues if nobody else is doing anything to protect authors works on this site? It's a good question one that could resolve with the true contributors not having to worry about their works being ripped and/or distributed.

Oh well, I tried yesterday with the community falling apart thread so i did my bit, i tried to highlight the issues, concerns i have but was met with contempt. I personally don't see Adam as the victim he should have removed that resource if he knew it was a rip.

On that note. Maybe resources posted only if you've created them? Would save a whole lot of trouble and stamp out releases being made that aren't made from scratch. Just a suggestion.

On that note. Maybe resources posted only if you've created them? Would save a whole lot of trouble and stamp out releases being made that aren't made from scratch. Just a suggestion.

I never see any reason whatsoever for anyone to release anything in the Resource Manager unless:

a) The license agreement states they can
b) They created it solely themselves
c) They have express permission from the original author to do so

That's the rule I'm going to keep following.

Lastly Slavik...

These accusations are getting absurd and people going around trying to be the internet police are going to start being infracted.

Infraction Slavik that always does good, have at it. In case you haven't noticed the accusation threads regarding Adam have all been true(hmmm... I wonder). It's all been tried to been handled through the Report system with no movement. YOU as moderators and let it come to this and now you're losing ethical resources from the Resource Manager.

P.S. I just want to say thank you on behalf or myself and others who now have a free copy of iSkin from xenfocus.com, I'm glad you guys avoided the reports I sent in, we appreciate it.

Is this about who gets to feel right?

I dunno, You come to any <insert your own brand of conclusion here>. I'm not the victim, nor am I the offender I'm strictly wanting to see xenforo succeed but do the right thing. :)

There goes another batch of well received and appreciated developers/stylists. This place is a sinking ship - regardless if it has a future...
Reading someone say "I got this from a pirate site" and still have ANYTHING they posted still here is insane... It shouldn't require an author to point that out - a good mod would have taken action immediately.

What we need is another XF site for plugin/style sales and deployments where people really care.

I dunno, You come to any <insert your own brand of conclusion here>. I'm not the victim, nor am I the offender I'm strictly wanting to see xenforo succeed but do the right thing. :)
I want them to succeed too, absolutely. I am curious like a cat, as all of us are, but as you are not a victim here, nor am I. None of us are victims, we just like to know things. If, from what it seems like, this is a very trying time for the XF devs, I don't really feel the need to instigate rebellions or make life difficult for the mods here. Let's let the thread return to its original topic. :)

There goes another batch of well received and appreciated developers/stylists. This place is a sinking ship - regardless if it has a future...
Reading someone say "I got this from a pirate site" and still have ANYTHING they posted still here is insane... It shouldn't require an author to point that out - a good mod would have taken action immediately.

What we need is another XF site for plugin/style sales and deployments where people really care.

If Russ and steve and some reputable resource providers want to start up a site I would be willing to entertain that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom