The Elephants and The Donkeys Deserve The Bird

Changing the way the United States governs itself is what is needed.
..snip..
Electoral college ? [gone]
18 month presidential election process [gone] - make it 2-3 months max. (In Canada it is 1 month)
Big money lobbyists [gone]
Campaign Finance Reform [maximum contribution of $1000 for an individual or company, 100% disclosure]
Get rid of the House, Senate ... come up with a more streamlined governance.

I can agree with 2-4 and could even go with doing away with 1....but not 5.

The only problem with our form of government is polarization/animosity of the populace/politicians...Our Constitutional Republic works fine, when everyone within that Republic is willing to work together to achieve progress.

The Simpsons is still on TV? ugh
I've noticed an interesting correlation in America: As the average intelligence among citizens decreases, the number of cartoons broadcasted during prime time increases :p

I would add to that the number of Idol/Survivor/Dancing/BS shows also...

The only problem with our form of government is polarization/animosity of the populace/politicians...Our Constitutional Republic works fine, when everyone within that Republic is willing to work together to achieve progress.
Polarization should be expected, other forms of governance reduce gridlock and that is important in 2012 and will be even more important going forward.
The United States was the last non-Parliamentary democracy with a Triple A rating on their Sovereign debt.
The next 4 years will bring more gridlock.
Then more downgrades from S&P on American debt.
... then well ... scary to think what will come after that.
Well ... I guess what comes after that shouldn't be feared because it's probably inevitable.

Vote for whoever you want, but know that a vote for Johnson is a vote for Obama. That's the reality of the situation. If you like Obama you can vote for either one.

It depends on the state that you live in. There are states where Johnson is strongly taking votes from Obama. But remember this. No matter what election it is there will ALWAYS be the guy who raises his fist in the air and proclaims that a third party vote is a vote for the guy he doesn't like. At some point one has to say enough is enough and if that means that the person you don't like comes to power well so be it because a strong third party showing will put them in a position to finally be able to play in the rigged game that the R&Ds have managed to set up. If you want to vote for Romney because you dislike Obama that is your choice but when you get past the campaign rhetoric, there is little difference between the two. I personally am extremely disappointed in Obama as I was with Bush. I don't question convictions of either as I am sure that they both have some but they are one and the same as I see it.

Every politician should think of him or herself as the least freest person in the world.

We elect people into office with the intention of having them serve the will of the people. This means that during your time in office, your will should not be that of your own, but rather the will of the people you have voluntarily sworn an oath to serve and represent.

Politicians seem to think this concept of reasoning is optional, while a true citizen understands that when we cast our vote, we’re not giving you the option to do as you please. We are giving you the honor to do the job we want done and if you can not understand that, accept it, and obey the will of the people, you have no business running for office.

It depends on the state that you live in. There are states where Johnson is strongly taking votes from Obama. But remember this. No matter what election it is there will ALWAYS be the guy who raises his fist in the air and proclaims that a third party vote is a vote for the guy he doesn't like. At some point one has to say enough is enough and if that means that the person you don't like comes to power well so be it because a strong third party showing will put them in a position to finally be able to play in the rigged game that the R&Ds have managed to set up. If you want to vote for Romney because you dislike Obama that is your choice but when you get past the campaign rhetoric, there is little difference between the two. I personally am extremely disappointed in Obama as I was with Bush. I don't question convictions of either as I am sure that they both have some but they are one and the same as I see it.
Little difference between the two? The difference is night and day. I can only assume that you need to take a deeper look.

Every politician should think of him or herself as the least freest person in the world.

We elect people into office with the intention of having them serve the will of the people. This means that during your time in office, your will should not be that of your own, but rather the will of the people you have voluntarily sworn an oath to serve and represent.

Politicians seem to think this concept of reasoning is optional, while a true citizen understands that when we cast our vote, we’re not giving you the option to do as you please. We are giving you the honor to do the job we want done and if you can not understand that, accept it, and obey the will of the people, you have no business running for office.

That is good enough to steal and share around, with attribution to you of course....maybe a politician would end up reading it...

I don't fully agree with your argument. I don't want my representative to make decisions based on polls alone. I don't want my representative to be a hostage to the mob. I want my representative to do what he/she thinks is best for the community regardless of how they might perform during the next election. We can never know all the complications and tough decisions that a representative will make during their term. All we can do is vote for the person who is most inline with our own ideals.

Top Bottom