Official Notice of ******* about the relationship with Vxf .vn and Copyright issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a witch hunt ...
You weren't a victim. A few of us have already received apologies for his actions and there was a quick turn around to fix said issues. To me, that still arises questions as to his integrity, especially as more things come to light.

Witch hunt or not, he still stole images/code without permission.

Hello everyone,

To whom may concern!

We are *******, a developer of XenForo products. We had attended this community for over 2 years, from 2012 until now.

In the interview last year with Allan, we had described a little bit about ourselves. However as I noticed in the thread Allan posted, many people doubted about us like we are fraud or we went around and cheated on people in this community, but some people still believe on us and we thank for your trust.

During last time, TheChiro had posted a content about an image we took for our product's illustration. Honestly, this is our fault. We do not deny it or avoid it. As soon as we found out the problem, we had messaged for TheChiro to apolosize for what happened. Simultaneously, we had removed all of the images related to TheChiro's images. After that, TheChiro had sent us a message with the content of the acceptance our apology (As you can see in the attached photo).

However, this causes another problems. If you may notice, in that thread, somebody denounces that we are from Vietnam and we are the admin of Vxf .vn (Vxf .vn is a forum of XenForo in Vietnam where people share nulls of XenForo). With those hard allegations of a member of TheAdminZone, we would like to confirm that before this case happened, we did not relate to the Vxf .vn although we are from Vietnam.

During the process of understanding, we thought that maybe someone misunderstood us. We have known that Vxf .vn is owned by someone from a company called HKDA VIET NAM JSC. We had known about this company around a month ago. Firstly vxf .vn was not created by them. Just a member of them created it because he worked on the technology area. After that, as we knew, he left the HKDA VIET NAM. Seeing the potential of this forum, HKDA VIET NAM has takeovered Vxf .vn since December 2012 and directly managed it.

A month ago, ******* had found out that Vxf .vn had shared a null of our products and we noticed them about this mistake.

Our CEO has also seen the potential of this forum and we want to open our market, not only in the Europe or America, we want to open it at our hometown. With this thinking, we have acquired a large number of shares of HKDA VIET NAM and we have becoming the official shareholder of HKDA VIET NAM. By doing this, we took the control right of decision with Vxf .vn. We have erased all the nulls shared on this forum. Although it is not related to what we did, however, because we have taken control of this forum since that time so we want to apologize all of our partners, competitors …. because of this inconvenience.

Also we want to promulgate about the intellectual property rights on this forum to encourage all of Vietnamese will not have any actions going against operating principles of XenForo.

And something we would like to mention in this post, last time we avoided to talk about who we are because we knew about the bias and we didn't want to let people know too much about where are we from. But I guess that we failed. However, we do not violate any rules or guides of XenForo Community, all we want is just only working and creating the best products and services on XenForo ecosystem.

In short, we have nothing to hide and we are proud to be a part of this amazing community. We know about the rules and we have sticked on it from the first day we stepped in this home. We have bought 36 licenses of XenForo, equivalent to $3000. With this amount, what makes you think that we will take risks for us, especially when we have just earned the first position of Top Developer Table Ranking? We don't think that it's a smart move and we never and will never act like that. It's not the *******'s style.

Overall, XenForo in the future is a potential market and we will try our best to serve the customers the best thing we can for whom love us. And we hope that with our competitors, we still have a fair battle to play.

Thank you for listening to us and good night!
See you tomorow!

P/s: The timezone in Vietnam now is GMT +7 and it is 1AM here, Good night all!

i know you. your name's DONG. You're admin of VXF .VN, you live Ha Noi city. Don't cheat people anymore. Dare to do it, but does not admit

Last edited:
He's just taken the site offline, finally something positive from *******!

I don't think someone will ever be allowed to be the admin or owner of a warez site and the admin or owner of a large XenForo add-on distributing company at xenforo.com in the same person.

It looks like the add-on distribution branch of his company is more important to him. Which is good for all of us.

I don't think someone will ever be allowed to be the admin or owner of a warez site and the admin or owner of a large XenForo add-on distributing company at xenforo.com in the same person.

It looks like the add-on distributor branch of his company is more important to him. Which is good for all of us.
Exactly. *******, I do hope you can sort this out. I would be selling your sharez in the warez if I were you. Stick to the modifications and add-ons and make a NEW website if you need to. If you wish to remain credible, vxf needs to radically change or ideally close.

Reactions: W.D
It looks like the add-on distribution branch of his company is more important to him. Which is good for all of us.

I will admit, if this is the case it has restored some faith in *******.

vxf needs to radically change or ideally close.

If ******* has stopping piracy as his main agenda I would close it and list ways to buy legitimate XenForo and XenForo addons/themes.

The premise of turning one of the most notorious pirate sites into a legitimate community does seem rather flawed to me.

The members of that community are only there because it's a pirate site.
Take that away and those members will just move on to the next pirate site, thereby rendering the argument related to buying into a large community void.
If they don't move on, what legitimate business person would want to be associated with such a community?

The premise of turning one of the most notorious pirate sites into a legitimate community does seem rather flawed to me.

The members of that community are only there because it's a pirate site.
Take that away and those members will just move on to the next pirate site, thereby rendering the argument related to buying into a large community void.
If they don't move on, what legitimate business person would want to be associated with such a community?

Exactly, The only thing I can currently think is he was somehow connected already, the announcement was posted by the same admin that founded the site, this alone should ring alarm bells.

Looking at the wayback machine/archive.org it shows his design being used from December last year (2014), if he's had control/ownership this long why has it only taken to now to prevent the hardworking XenForo developers and addon makers / theme maker losing their income?

Something is fishy here..

People are making the leap that buying shares in a warez site is an actual thing. Im sorry but that sounds like a load.

If it makes money then you can buy a percentage of anything.... maybe his use of shares was simply stated as he owns a certain percentage of the site. It isn't that far fetched at all as I have owned percentages of sites before. Again, his language barrier seems to be an issue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom