Official Notice of ******* about the relationship with Vxf .vn and Copyright issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, I will only say that we are (and have been) investigating what has been going on and the various claims that have been made. Once our investigation is complete, we will determine what action to take (if any).

This thread is generally being allowed to run its course as the particular discussion was started by ******* themselves. In general, if you have concerns about any users when it comes to things like copyright infringement or piracy/nulling involvement, please bring all the evidence you have to us and we will look into it. (We will be looking for as much clear evidence as possible to determine the necessary action, but circumstantial evidence will also be considered as a component as well.)

******* hasn't even responded to the questions being asked yet.

With his English not being great the best way would be to have a series of simply worded and numbered questions which we ask him to respond to and then people leave it until he responds. Having to go through lots of posts and follow various different conversations/accusations can't be easy if his English isn't great.

As someone who owns a few of his add-ons, my concern is that his removal (if that ends up being the result), will cause a lot of pain for a lot of XenForo owners. I welcome a thorough investigation and hope for a suitable means of restitution, that allows him to remain in this community. If he is banned from XenForo, that would cause a lot of problems for his customers, myself included.

If he is banned from XenForo, that would cause a lot of problems for his customers, myself included.

That's understandable...

On the flip side, if action isn't taken if he is found guilty, what impression does that give to XenForo add-on developers, theme creators, etc? That piracy will just simply be accepted?

Either way, I'm just glad to see XenForo as a whole taking in all information, as well as discussing the issue with ******* in private.

I thought the logic for this thread being open was that individuals had their own "evidence", at least that's what people were claiming. Inundating him with accusations in here isn't going to get anyone anywhere due to the language barrier.

This thread is generally being allowed to run its course as the particular discussion was started by ******* themselves. In general, if you have concerns about any users when it comes to things like copyright infringement or piracy/nulling involvement, please bring all the evidence you have to us and we will look into it. (We will be looking for as much clear evidence as possible to determine the necessary action, but circumstantial evidence will also be considered as a component as well.)

Yes, Sheldon, I am capable of reading, cheers.

People are putting questions to ******* in here still, regardless of any official investigation. They're then getting frustrated when he doesn't respond directly to them. I was merely pointing out that it looks like the language barrier is a major issue and if people are posting questions, following them up with multiple further posts and accusations is going to make it even more difficult to get a response. A few simple questions that are numbered and easily referred to is the best way to try to get around the comprehension problems. Having a long series of posts with different bits of information and different accusations is not going to work.

Yes, Sheldon, I am capable of reading, cheers.

Apologies. Not a thing meant by my post. I didn't know if you had read it all or not. I, myself, have skipped over threads before, posted, and then went back later to see it had actually been answered. I certainly was not dismissing your reading skills. I'm sorry you took it personally.

You've simply removed the resources manager from the site I'm assuming but still resources are flooded throughout the entire forum and support questions coming from people who have more than likely not purchased any add-ons of XF for that matter.
That's not true, they didn't remove resources, they just changed permissions to make them hidden. I've been a member of vxn.vn (and pretty much every other warez website) for long time with purpose of downloading nulled versions of my own styles and tracking down / banning those responsible for sharing them. Because of that I have list of URLs where my styles were available and check them from time to time to see if someone posted updated version.

I just checked URL of one of my styles at vxn.vn, got this error:
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
Deleted threads give this error:
The requested thread could not be found.
So clearly all warez threads are still there.

I recently bought some addons to ******* and I'm thinking to buy other more very soon. (including "extra trophies")
******* is a great developer and have excellent addons.
Really hope this embarrassing situation can be clarified asap and in the best way for all the Xenforo community.

People are putting questions to ******* in here still, regardless of any official investigation. They're then getting frustrated when he doesn't respond directly to them. I was merely pointing out that it looks like the language barrier is a major issue and if people are posting questions, following them up with multiple further posts and accusations is going to make it even more difficult to get a response. A few simple questions that are numbered and easily referred to is the best way to try to get around the comprehension problems. Having a long series of posts with different bits of information and different accusations is not going to work.

To be honest the thing I am most frustrated about here is the fact my "lifetime licenses" have been changed to a yearly paid subscription with someone I never intended to do business with.

Don't get me wrong I would buy many addon's from ******* I just don't agree with some of the past actions.

For me my users information comes first to protect, having seen what has happened put me off buying his plugins and then overnight I find out I am now his client and have to pay for something I already paid for.

And this is ignoring the current "issues" o_O

Resource Manager is removed because I got "The requested page could not be found". Which could be altered easily.

To be honest the thing I am most frustrated about here is the fact my "lifetime licenses" have been changed to a yearly paid subscription with someone I never intended to do business with.

Don't get me wrong I would buy many addon's from ******* I just don't agree with some of the past actions.

For me my users information comes first to protect, having seen what has happened put me off buying his plugins and then overnight I find out I am now his client and have to pay for something I already paid for.

And this is ignoring the current "issues" o_O

I assume this is a communication issue and if he was aware of it then he'd sort it but everything's getting confused with all the other issues.

I assume this is a communication issue and if he was aware of it then he'd sort it but everything's getting confused with all the other issues.

It could be, but I did send a ticket like 2/3 weeks ago only to have it closed and being left without answers.

When reading the different threads about this question, it appears most of the documents had already been sent in private to XenForo developers. So the "investigation" should be already pretty advanced and it is very unlikely new elements will be brought by new posts.

******* opened this thread to defend himself and clarify some points. It's now the XenForo owners responsibility to analyse if his reply is honest or not and to take a decision. If they can't now and need more time, they should ask the help of someone speaking Vietnamese to clarify some points (and one of the most talented XenForo addon developer does it).

A few years ago, the same issue already occurred with another Vietnamese developer who was managing a host company as well. It should be checked if both case are linked or not and it would be a good thing that a decision could be taken faster than last time: the former case was managed "not in the most efficient way" (diplomatic way to say it) probably because the XenForo owners were still facing their trial problems.

If the purpose of letting this thread open is to get a faster statement from *******, I doubt this method will be efficient (It wasn't last time with Jaxel). So any forum owners who would have new information should continue to send pm to XenForo owners and avoid to post them here. It will allow them to make a structured request, avoiding redundant accusations, and then get a proper reply from *******.

The beauty about renewals is that you can just opt not to renew. If ******* would not have bought Borboles addons then most of those would not receive updates anyway. You can simply opt not to do business with ******* if you do not want to.

Reactions: W.D
The beauty about renewals is that you can just opt not to renew. If ******* would not have bought Borboles addons then most of those would not receive updates anyway. You can simply opt not to do business with ******* if you do not want to.

Very true, just glad he removed that "needing to be licensed to uninstall" rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom