Official Notice of ******* about the relationship with Vxf .vn and Copyright issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty new here...owning an xenForo site for under 2 weeks, still getting the hang of everything.
But, i currently use a few ******* addons, i just want to ask and make sure that i'm safe?

From what i understand, they stole images & work with a nulled pirated site.

I'm seeing things of backdoors and so on, i just want to ask, is everything safe to use from *******?
All of his add ons should have backdoors removed. Assuming you aren't a developer or designer, I don't imagine the piracy thing is a concern of yours. Those things aside, Brivum (and the rest of his company?), seem to do unethical thing after unethical thing. Sometimes it's just bad enough to make you scratch your head wondering why they do these things and sometimes it's bad enough to have security concerns or piracy concerns.

Regardless though, you should likely proceed with caution.... or not proceed at all. Either way, good luck.

I wonder how this will come to pass... but one thing is for sure, ******* really needs to re-evaluate how they do business. I mean, c'mon, revoking a paying customer's license for a "fake" review someone has left on XenForo.com? Simply unbelievable. It's something I'd expect from a young teenager, not a CEO(?) of a (somewhat) successful business.

Although for one of the accusations against him for the way he named his style properties (similar to UI.X), I admit I'm guilty of naming them in a similar fashion, since I find @Mike Creuzer's idea simply fantastic.
upload_2015-1-24_21-24-53.webp

Last edited:
Once upon a time, there is a big, really big forum in Indonesia who had a 18+ section, and a debate club that really "FFA" (Free for All) You can find racist, lots of trolling, etc in that debate club section.

And then, goverment issuing a new rules, regarding Internet in Indonesia. All website in/based in Indonesia must obey that rule. Including the site above. The forum then entering maintenance mode for sometimes, open their share to some public/investor, then deleting ALL NSFW content.

Now the site is known as one of the largest forum in Indonesia and in the world, and "18+ and FFA debate club" image is slowly died. The forum itself its still growing.

Hence, I don't see something wrong in "Buying pirate site, delete all nulled content (event it's still unfinished) then remake the forum image"

Other than that, I can't comment anything (I'm not a developer)

I dont like the way ******* is supporting his public addons, some support ticket are just ignored, But I must admit:
when I asked him to develop an add on for me, he wast fast , very helpful. and professional.
I have had bad experiences with other XF developers , some of them just take the money and never deliver the work. this was not the case of *******.

Although for one of the accusations against him for the way he named his style properties (similar to UI.X), I admit I'm guilty of naming them in a similar fashion, since I find @Mike Creuzer's idea simply fantastic.
upload_2015-1-24_21-24-53-png.96157
I will use the same visual system for XenCore Framework. We can not blame it to use.

For my part, I will continue to purchase add-ons *******.

I think this thread is not productive and that this should be resolved in private, not in public.

@******* can you explain why you were using a vxf vn null on the ******* demo board on the 30th of December 2013? (http://web.archive.org/web/20131230102320/http://demo.*******.com/124/index.php hover over the XenForo copyright) why would you as a licensed XenForo holder be using a nulled copy putting all clients information at risk?

From this link alone it makes me question if I want to use your plugins on my website which originally were made by @borbole

Carrying on with the borbole purchase why have my licenses been changed from lifetime to a yearly paid subscription for updates?

I paid for lifetime upgrades and now I have to pay? is this fair on us clients? what about the linkbacks? are these going to be forced in any updates?

Can you explain why a XenForo site aimed at piracy / nulling would leave a linkback to ******* in July 2013? (http:// web.archive.org/web/20130713092005/http:// vxf . vn/)

Why was the announcement posted by "Alucar" a person who has been a member since the very start of the site?

Are you going to pay for all the addons/themes the site has installed that are pirated? or the countless nulled installs of the hard work by all XenForo supporters?

http:// web.archive.org/web/20130608232742/http://www. vxf . vn/?_debug=1

Addons installed on VXF:
  1. library/ChipXF/MobileSwitcher/Listener.php
  2. library/ChipXF/MobileSwitcher/Detecter.php
  3. library/XenForo/Visitor.php
  4. library/EWRporta/Listener/Init.php
  5. library/EWRporta/Helper/Index.php
  6. library/*******/Credits/Listener/Listener.php
  7. library/XenForo/Phrase.php
  8. library/*******/Credits/Currency.php
  9. library/*******/Credits/Actions.php
  10. library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php
  11. library/WidgetFramework/Core.php
  12. library/XenForo/Model/Moderator.php
  13. library/*******/XenResourcePrefix/EventListeners/Listener.php
  14. library/bdTagMe/Listener.php
  15. library/******AdvStats/Listener.php
  16. library/XenResource/Listener/Proxy.php
  17. library/*******/CreResIntegration/EventListeners/Listener.php
  18. library/HDJuegos/WaterMarkAdd/Listener.php
  19. library/Tinhte/XenTag/Listener.php
  20. library/EWRutiles/Listener/Model.php
  21. library/EWRporta/Listener/Model.php
  22. library/XenResource/Listener/Proxy/ModelModerator.php
  23. library/Dark/TaigaChat/EventListener/Listener.php
  24. library/WidgetFramework/Model/Widget.php
  25. library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php
  26. library/Dark/TaigaChat/WidgetRenderer/Alt.php
  27. library/XenForo/Input.php
  28. library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/Empty.php
  29. library/Dark/TaigaChat/WidgetRenderer/Sidebar.php
  30. library/Dark/TaigaChat/WidgetRenderer/Online.php
  31. library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/ShareThisPage.php
  32. library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/Html.php
  33. library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/XFRM/Resources.php
  34. library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/OnlineUsers.php
  35. library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/OnlineStaff.php
  36. library/Tinhte/XenTag/WidgetRenderer/Cloud.php
  37. library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/Stats.php
  38. library/Tinhte/AttachImageOptimization/Listener.php
  39. library/bdTagMe/Template/Helper.php
  40. library/XenForo/Router.php
  41. library/XenForo/Route/ResponseSuffix.php
  42. library/XenForo/Route/Interface.php
  43. library/XenForo/Route/Prefix.php
  44. library/EWRporta/Route/Index.php
  45. library/XenForo/Route/BuilderInterface.php
  46. library/EWRporta/Listener/Route.php
  47. library/XenForo/RouteMatch.php
  48. library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Portal.php
  49. library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Abstract.php
  50. library/XenForo/Controller.php
  51. library/PrefixForumListing/Listener.php
  52. library/MultipleAccountDetection/EventListener.php
  53. library/SigRestrict/Listener.php
  54. library/EWRporta/Listener/Controller.php
  55. library/ChipXF/MoreThread/Listener.php
  56. library/EWRutiles/Listener/Controller.php
  57. library/XenForo/Session.php
  58. library/XenForo/Model/User.php
  59. library/bdTagMe/XenForo/Model/User.php
  60. library/******AdvStats/XenForo/Model/User.php
  61. library/WidgetFramework/Extend/Model/User.php
  62. library/*******/Credits/Model/User.php
  63. library/XenForo/Permission.php
  64. library/XenForo/Locale.php
  65. library/EWRporta/Model/Perms.php
  66. library/EWRporta/Route/Portal.php
  67. library/EWRporta/Route/Custom.php
  68. library/XenForo/ControllerResponse/View.php
  69. library/XenForo/ControllerResponse/Abstract.php
  70. library/XenForo/Helper/Cookie.php
  71. library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php
  72. library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php
  73. library/XenForo/Template/Public.php
  74. library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php
  75. library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php
  76. library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Base.php
  77. library/XenForo/View.php
  78. library/EWRporta/Listener/ViewPublic.php
  79. library/XenPlaza/XPRenameAttaments/Listener.php
  80. library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php
  81. library/EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php
  82. library/EWRporta/Model/Layouts.php
  83. library/EWRporta/Model/Caches.php
  84. library/EWRporta/Model/Options.php
  85. library/EWRporta/Block/Portal.php
  86. library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php
  87. library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php
  88. library/EWRporta/Listener/BbCode.php
  89. library/EWRutiles/Listener/BbCode.php
  90. library/Tinhte/AttachImageOptimization/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php
  91. library/EWRporta/BbCode/Formatter.php
  92. library/Tinhte/XenTag/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php
  93. library/EWRutiles/BbCode/Formatter.php
  94. library/bdTagMe/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php
  95. library/bdTagMe/Option.php
  96. library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Message.php
  97. library/******AdvStats/Model/GetUserGroup.php
  98. library/XenResource/Listener/Template.php
  99. library/Tinhte/SimilarThreadCheck/Listener/Main.php
  100. library/XenTagMod/Listener/RepTemps.php
  101. library/XenForo/Route/Prefix/Members.php
  102. library/bdTagMe/XenForo/Route/Prefix/Members.php
  103. library/EWRporta/Listener/NavTabs.php
  104. library/Dark/TaigaChat/EventListener/NavigationTabs.php
  105. library/XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php
  106. library/XenForo/Helper/File.php
  107. internal_data/templates/S.7,L.2,EWRporta_Portal.php
  108. internal_data/templates/S.7,L.2,EWRblock_Portal.php
  109. internal_data/templates/S.7,L.2,wf_widget_share_page.php
  110. library/CrazYimProfileLinks/Listener.php
  111. library/EWRporta/Listener/Template.php
  112. library/WidgetFramework/Option.php
  113. library/EWRutiles/Listener/Template.php
  114. internal_data/templates/S.7,L.2,wf_widget_wrapper.php
  115. library/XenForo/Debug.php
  116. internal_data/templates/S.7,L.2,PAGE_CONTAINER.php
  117. internal_data/templates/S.7,L.2,Tinhte_SimilarThreadCheck_add_js_file.php
  118. internal_data/templates/S.7,L.2,wf_hook_moderator_bar.php
  119. library/******AdvStats/Option.php
  120. internal_data/templates/S.7,L.2,EWRporta_Navtabs.php
  121. internal_data/templates/S.7,L.2,resources_tab_links.php
  122. library/*******/Credits/Model/Credit.php
  123. library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php
  124. internal_data/templates/S.7,L.2,Tinhte_SimilarThreadCheck_thread.js.php
  125. internal_data/templates/S.7,L.2,bdtagme_PAGE_CONTAINER.php

I see addons in that list from
@Luke Foreman @Jaxel @xfrocks @Jon W @X_Plaza

Don't forget about XenForo too..

As the owner of this site you're now liable for anything that happens on it.

As for me being your client? I'm not sure if I wish to install these plugins now, no offense *******. I've seen so much dodgy stuff coming from you, such as you being able execute php/sql commands on our servers, or having links to sites like this or forcing me to pay for updates to something I prepaid lifetime updates to.

Am I going to be banned/discouraged from your site for speaking my mind? time will tell.

Last edited:
Hi Brogan and all members of XenForo Community,

As we mentioned in the main thread, we have not related to Vxf .vn until recent when we bought some shares from the vxf's holding company.
As you can see from *******.com, we did a lot of custom frameworks and add-ons for our customers. They had been leeched for another sites because they are free. We didn't know how to stop it. Especially until recently, we found out that Vxf .vn took it from us so we noticed them about it.

And for some questions about why we would like to buy vxf .vn:
Imagine that you must develope a forum from the number zero, you would understand how we feel.
In Vietnam, XenForo is not really quite popular like the other areas. So we are trying so hard to get the order right.

We hope that you can understand what we tried and try and will try and appreciate it.

Thank you

And for all other members: I just have one thing to say: Lovers gonna love, haters gonna hate.

All of our products are licensed and we have nothing to hide.

Most sites in your showcase section are nulled..

For example..

The xenforo copyright links to their site, not xenforo.

If you want to use the domain for traffic reasoning.. So be it, But imo.. you should wipe your forum database and start from scratch if your true intention is to be legit and not just try to throw lies around to try covering up being caught your site was using a nulled copy of xF. Also I know you can't most likely give an exact amount, but @Mike can you say anything on if they really own even close to the amount of licenses they are claiming in the OP.

Reactions: W.D
Most sites in your showcase section are nulled..

For example..

The xenforo copyright links to their site, not xenforo.

If you want to use the domain for traffic reasoning.. So be it, But imo.. you should wipe your forum database and start from scratch if your true intention is to be legit and not just try to throw lies around to try covering up being caught your site was using a nulled copy of xF. Also I know you can't most likely give an exact amount, but @Mike can you say anything on if they really own even close to the amount of licenses they are claiming in the OP.

Whats worse is that site is a fully fledged piracy site and contains pirated movies.

Can XenForo not handle this privately? It would seem to be something that staff would want to engage with @******* with privately, considering his overwhelming fingerprint here at XenForo. If XenForo.com finds that he has breached the license then they take action to remove him from the community and his add-ons.

There is a difference between this and someone like @Jaxel who just disappeared and did not communicate. ******* is here, is communicating and is being met with sarcastic cheap shots that do nothing to solve problems and continue to only frustrate him and people like me who simply want to see this be resolved. I own two licenses and I'd like to see either ******* improve his communication abilities with this community, resolve issues, or if he is someone who is on the wrong side of this situation, removed from the community.

So can we resolve this or do we get to let this go to 20+ pages of crap?

Doing things privately wouldn't have bought up so much of feedback + the truth which everyone has almost found out.

Ok, so the truth is out and he breached their license agreement according to you. Thread is done and kick him off the site. If it is that cut and dry then everything I said above is valid and this thread being open is pointless. Why is this thread still going and what is XenForo going to do to resolve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom