Official Notice of ******* about the relationship with Vxf .vn and Copyright issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit, I Get a headache reading the first post, so, to clarify....
******* is accused of stealing images from another user (The rank images), which they admitted to and apologized for
But they're also accused of owning or being a part of a forum which shared/shares nulled copies of Xenforo and Xenforo addons? Is that about it in a nutshell?

Either way, after that fiasco about call backs in *******'s addons and them blocking the ability for people to uninstall their addons, I can't say I'm surprised to see further accusations of wrong doing.

Makes you wonder if the polling of all other addons installed were used to see which were most popular to assure they always had the most popular nulled to attract visitors.
*******'s old install/uninstall process allowed the execution of arbitrary php and sql pulled from ******* site at install/uninstall time, not just polling all installed addons. Silently.

It would be trivial to use that functionality to rip addons from someone's site when they installed a booby-trapped addon with a backdoor.

Last edited:
Either way, after that fiasco about call backs in *******'s addons and them blocking the ability for people to uninstall their addons, I can't say I'm surprised to see further accusations of wrong doing.

why does someone need "server callbacks" in his Addons ?
to protect from others nulling his Addons ?

I would never install any Addon (even if it is free) when I know of any "server callbacks".

There was no valid reason to ban them for the add-on callback issue as prior to that there was no rule in place.
They weren't the only developer doing some form of callback.

It's also worth pointing out that the resource guidelines only apply to resources listed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom