Official Notice of ******* about the relationship with Vxf .vn and Copyright issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless, the thread is still valid here, considering the subject matter.
Exactly.
If they had "shares" in the company which owned the forum, then they were directly supporting piracy.
Not just pirated Xenforo but pirated addons.

The only post he has made on TAZ was caused by the last 'incident' with him.

https://theadminzone.com/threads/xenforo-resource-guidelines-*******.119441/page-2#post-869562
I honestly don't see the problem. Theres a few frameworks in here that have just the same features. Having the same features in a framework does not mean anything.
I can go about and do the same thing with @Russ and @Steve F 's XenBase framework and also show a lot of similarities. Does that mean audentio or pixelexit took from one another? No it don't. Both of them are very reputable and I own a license to both frameworks.

Regarding the original post, I can see in the older announcement threads that you took over and will be deleting all nulled content. However as someone else pointed in this thread, there are a lot of threads still containing the content within attachments. Are you willing to go through all 140,000 posts to see which ones these are and delete them all? o_O

Exactly.
If they had "shares" in the company which owned the forum, then they were directly supporting piracy.
Not just pirated Xenforo but pirated addons.
According to what he is saying, he bought shares in the website, and said they would no longer be supporting nulled content.

According to what he is saying, he bought shares in the website, and said they would no longer be supporting nulled content.

You have to ask yourself this.. If you have no intention to offer nulled content.. Why would you purchase shares, unless you were only doing so to shut the site down, which the site is still online. Changing the scope from one of the largest nulling sites on the internet to a legit site would lead to the site failing as the pirates would leave and those looking for a legit site would have very little trust in the site based off the past track record of it.

I'm no expert but we do have to consider cultural differences. That area of the world has not traditionally had respect for IP in the same was as the British and American and similar systems, so it's natural that young people entering this great big world would not be 100% familiar with western practices on this stuff.

If that's the case, it's up to individuals to decide whether or not the author is working in and toward the right direction. That's the same as all international relations. If the USA or the Brits or anyone else held China to high IP standards, we'd all have to stop doing business with them tomorrow! But, instead, we engage and try to push them in what we consider the right direction.

Naturally, I don't support outright theft of large amounts of IP. However, at the same time, we are all sinners (well, I'm not a Christian, but you get my drift). Burning folks at the stake is just passe these days....

I'm no expert but we do have to consider cultural differences. That area of the world has not traditionally had respect for IP in the same was as the British and American and similar systems, so it's natural that young people entering this great big world would not be 100% familiar with western practices on this stuff.

If that's the case, it's up to individuals to decide whether or not the author is working in and toward the right direction. That's the same as all international relations. If the USA or the Brits or anyone else held China to high IP standards, we'd all have to stop doing business with them tomorrow! But, instead, we engage and try to push them in what we consider the right direction.

Naturally, I don't support outright theft of large amounts of IP. However, at the same time, we are all sinners (well, I'm not a Christian, but you get my drift). Burning folks at the stake is just passe these days....

I agree, but flip of the coin on mentioned company is, look at the length they go to, to protect IP in their add-ons and styles. So from that, I would expect them to have higher standards.

I honestly don't see the problem. Theres a few frameworks in here that have just the same features. Having the same features in a framework does not mean anything.
I can go about and do the same thing with @Russ and @Steve F 's XenBase framework and also show a lot of similarities. Does that mean audentio or pixelexit took from one another? No it don't. Both of them are very reputable and I own a license to both frameworks.

Regarding the original post, I can see in the older announcement threads that you took over and will be deleting all nulled content. However as someone else pointed in this thread, there are a lot of threads still containing the content within attachments. Are you willing to go through all 140,000 posts to see which ones these are and delete them all? o_O

Every style framework is inspired by Miko's XenoMorph framework which was later purchased by John. Other than implementations and code no one can really claim to own any feature or functionality as it's all been done before. It is polite to ask first, but that usually doesn't happen here.

Anyone running a pirate site knows exactly what they're doing.
Not saying I agree with it but the argument goes;

They know what they're doing but they've been raised to not know that it's a problem. They do it, knowing what they are doing, but not understanding the consequences. When someone else tells them that it's theft they go "no it's not"?... obviously it is and they're ... hold on trying to think of a better word than stupid .... can't... moving on, that is this guys point (not saying he shares their view, just the fact that it is their view).

On the other hand, ignorance doesn't make you innocent.

IP? As in our work is just intellectual? No labor goes into xenforo or themes they just appear into thin air, right.

Every style framework is inspired by Miko's XenoMorph framework which was later purchased by John. Other than implementations and code no one can really claim to own any feature or functionality as it's all been done before. It is polite to ask first, but that usually doesn't happen here.

So very false. Shame.

With software production Intellectual Property is produced by labor.
My point would be that just because it is IP doesn't mean it isn't just as much a product as a watch or shoe or something. Stealing is stealing. Time goes into building everything. So it's absolutely no excuse. I'm shocked this is being debated.

Its 10:45 AM in Vietnam, ******* LLC CEO and the developers should be reaching the office. Probably stuck in traffic.

I'm pretty new here...owning an xenForo site for under 2 weeks, still getting the hang of everything.
But, i currently use a few ******* addons, i just want to ask and make sure that i'm safe?

From what i understand, they stole images & work with a nulled pirated site.

I'm seeing things of backdoors and so on, i just want to ask, is everything safe to use from *******?

I'm pretty new here...owning an xenForo site for under 2 weeks, still getting the hang of everything.
But, i currently use a few ******* addons, i just want to ask and make sure that i'm safe?

From what i understand, they stole images & work with a nulled pirated site.

I'm seeing things of backdoors and so on, i just want to ask, is everything safe to use from *******?

It might be worth checking to see if you are on the latest versions of his add ons. If not, there may be code in your versions preventing them from being uninstalled. - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/*******-add-on-cannot-be-uninstalled.82731/

But then again, I'd clone what @Maru just said. That's the way I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom