SwiftModders Design Review

John L.

Hi All,

I'm not sure where we can post Web design critiques (if there isn't a spot, we should have forum for it). So I created this thread to talk about my new portfolio Web site, SwiftModders. I offer a lot of different services from Web design, UI development, and software integrations (like integrating your Web design with xenForo). Check out my Web site and tell me what you think of the design, content, and structure. Let me know if anything could be improved upon as I could always use an extra pair of eyes :).

http://www.swiftmodders.com

Regards,
John

This is based on the TwentyTen (default WordPress style) right?
I'm amazed how much it can be customized :)

Oh yea, it's very simple to do. WordPress is a truly fantastic CMS tool and the amount of plugins offered is amazing. I just gutted the default CSS, made a few function changes and started styling :). I really hope the plugin system for xenForo becomes similar to that of WordPress. If it does, the success of the software is guaranteed.

Yeah, Wordpress is awesome like that. My own site's theme is based on TwentyTen actually :)

Very , very nice job. My only suggestion would be cleaning up your wp_head() to get rid of useless RSS/Pingback/etc links. I can dig you up a hack for it from wordpress.org if you want ;)

Yeah, Wordpress is awesome like that. My own site's theme is based on TwentyTen actually :)

Very , very nice job. My only suggestion would be cleaning up your wp_head() to get rid of useless RSS/Pingback/etc links. I can dig you up a hack for it from wordpress.org if you want ;)

I would appreciate that, I had been looking for a way to do this easily with 3.x but I couldn't find one. Not exactly sure why WordPress doesn't have an option to disable them if you aren't using them at all.

Big fan of the design - I would love to get something like that for two companies I run.
Thank you very much, and if you're in need of some work please let me know. I'm terribly expensive.

Very impressed :), also intriguing how you worked on WHMCS if I'm not mistaken :)
Thank you, actually I worked with Matt (owner of WHMCS) to design his Web site, and I did the client and admin designs for WHMCS v4.

I'm actually working on revamping those designs for my own personal use and releasing them as themes for WHMCS. Should be fun :D.

Top Bottom