Implemented  [Suggestion] Some sort of divider above signatures

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think that actually works quite well. It's def an improvent over the faint blue "dotted" divider. I gotta dash. :D

Dashed line is pretty awesome! That can be accomplished with bare CSS too :cool:
Code:
<hr style="border: 1px dashed #XXXXXX" />
Obviously Kier/Mike would want to put this in the external stylesheet and style it appropriately because inline styles are a no-no! :)

I can't wait to tear those templates apart and tinker. *itchy fingers*
I'm going to avoid it as much as possible.
My existing site is so heavily edited that upgrading is a real nightmare.

Hopefully I can get away with just a few css edits here and there which will be easy to implement after each upgrade.

Off-Topic: That's exactly what I have in mind but I just know that won't happen.

Anyway, back on topic and I know this next suggestion will have mixed feelings and can be done with css3 and still look good in older browsers. a bar like the following: These are images but can easily be done with css.

Attachments

• 2chs85e.jpg.webp
    2chs85e.jpg.webp
    3.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 2ilya0y.jpg.webp
    2ilya0y.jpg.webp
    3.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 11azsif.jpg.webp
    11azsif.jpg.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 18
If my color calibration is off then so is everyone who has bought a Sony laptop in the last 3 years and 99% of them will never recalibrate their monitors. You need to cater to your audience, not expect people will jump through hoops to make a site look good for them when every other forum works out of the box.

It's quite likely that any display will not be properly calibrated out of the box. In fact even a properly calibrated display will drift over time. I do a lot of graphics design work and find it necessary to calibrate my displays every 2-4 weeks.

Viewing these forums on a correctly calibrated display I do find some of the elements look a little washed out but I also like the fact that the content stands out.

I like signatures to be almost invisible so I've gone with 1px light grey on my site for the divider and light grey 10pt text only for the content, no images, no smilies, etc.

Off-Topic: That's exactly what I have in mind but I just know that won't happen.

Anyway, back on topic and I know this next suggestion will have mixed feelings and can be done with css3 and still look good in older browsers. a bar like the following: These are images but can easily be done with css.

Sorry, I find these WAY too overpowering. I prefer something that's still subtle, but more noticeable than the current line. I suggest this:
ejqA5.png

It's much more visible, but still stays subtle. :)
It's quite likely that any display will not be properly calibrated out of the box. In fact even a properly calibrated display will drift over time. I do a lot of graphics design work and find it necessary to calibrate my displays every 2-4 weeks.

Viewing these forums on a correctly calibrated display I do find some of the elements look a little washed out but I also like the fact that the content stands out.

Off-topic: Do you use a hardware calibrator or just software? I've been wanting to calibrate my monitor properly - what one free software tool would you recommend? :)

Off-topic: Do you use a hardware calibrator or just software? I've been wanting to calibrate my monitor properly - what one free software tool would you recommend? :)

Apologies for the late reply, I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks. I only use a hardware solution, specifically a top end, Datacolor Spyder. The problem with software solutions is that while they easily demonstrate how well (or not) a display is calibrated, they really can't tell you exactly what you need to do to correct any problems. I've tried software products in the past but never had any success with them I'm afraid.

The line just got much darker and dashed... don't know if anyone else noticed... but is much more noticeable on my screen now.

Top Bottom