Implemented  [Suggestion] Some sort of divider above signatures

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
naw just did what any good woman does............... planted the seed and shut up til he changed it, letting him think it was his idea, when in fact it was mine. :D
Wait, women do that as well? My Dad always taught that was the best way to get a women to do something for you. After which, when they suggest it you, give a little bit of declining and then accept graciously. Now this begs the question, are these two things separate or did women 'teach' men to do it? (Or vice versa)

Wait, women do that as well? My Dad always taught that was the best way to get a women to do something for you. After which, when they suggest it you, give a little bit of declining and then accept graciously. Now this begs the question, are these two things separate or did women 'teach' men to do it? (Or vice versa)
heheheh my granny taught is gals that trick. I definitely think it came from the female ranks. Seriously, where do you think your dad learned it? ;)

heheheh my granny taught is gals that trick. I definitely think it came from the female ranks. Seriously, where do you think your dad learned it? ;)
My Dad is... was surprisingly bright, especially in comparison with pretty much anyone else I knew. He's become a little dense of late but I think more because I'm still learning a lot, whereas he's just happy with what he's learnt.

I think the post divider needs to be bigger and the quotes faded out a little, they almost look like post dividers themselves. The dividers for sigs looks fine imo. If it stays like this then I think something like below is what I'll do.

xen_1.webp

I think the post divider needs to be bigger and the quotes faded out a little, they almost look like post dividers themselves. The dividers for sigs looks fine imo. If it stays like this then I think something like below is what I'll do.

View attachment 2337

I very much like what I see here. And I also agree with you on the XF quote-layout... when I first started using XF I thought the quote-layout was too strong... putting the focus too much on the quotes really. Now I have gotten used to it, but I still think the focus should be more on the contents of the posting itself, instead of a bit too much on the quotes.

View attachment 2337

I'm not sure about the divider under the post but I like the idea of the quote being faded, so to speak.

Not an improvement for me in post #112. It actually makes it more confusing, since the blue bar could be for the post above or below it, you can't really tell (the arrows on the right side aren't helping much). It's also way too bulky and draws attention from the content that matters. Also why are blue quote boxes and Arial as font considered better?

Sorry, I don't want to come off rude, just giving my honest opinion.

I seriously don't know why people don't just give these up. They're an artifact, left over from the days of guestbooks and marquee scrolls and blinking text. It's like putting an outhouse in a spaceship. Look at all the trouble it takes just to make the things slightly less annoying! [/bi-weekly sig rant]

I seriously don't know why people don't just give these up. They're an artifact, left over from the days of guestbooks and marquee scrolls and blinking text. It's like putting an outhouse in a spaceship. Look at all the trouble it takes just to make the things slightly less annoying! [/bi-weekly sig rant]
Well sig's will be completely banned on my site bearing in mind it's not possible to limit the use of certain BBCode for images and smilies.

Top Bottom