Looking for some sort of Single Sign On or auto-login from our system. Can Xenforo do that?

tim06

We are looking to add a forum to our small Saas business. Im really hoping that Xenforo has a single sign on ability or a way to authenticate a user that is currently signed into out software and not have to sign in again into a forum to post. Looking through the API docs, I didnt see anything. You can create users, delete, etc...but not do a sign in.

Is there a way to do that with XF?

Thanks
Tim

History Channel Treasure Hunting GIF by HISTORY UK

Well... we wont write of XF from the list then. Our developers can probably code it but sure would be nice to have native support. I read that ThemeHouse has some integration that may work as well.

Well... we wont write of XF from the list then. Our developers can probably code it but sure would be nice to have native support. I read that ThemeHouse has some integration that may work as well.
They have an OAuth addon, however it is never recommended to rely on a plugin for something that you're going to be heavily dependent on for core functionality unless you're maintaining the addon yourself (or have someone contracted to).

I wouldn't. They can't say anything until it's announced (as a Have You Seen? thread) but the "yet" is telling, and it's also the "Top" suggestion.
Kinda OT, but:

Personally I'd expect WebP support and / or Dark Theme as there have been some hints to both features and those would probably benefit a lot of customers while SSO might not be smth. that is generally useful.

That being said, I definitly wouldn't mind if XenForo could act as a OIDC identity provider - that would be nice (especially for the API).

Top Bottom