Implemented  [Suggestion] Some sort of divider above signatures

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Actually I like Eriksrocks version better:

ejqA5.png
This is more subtle for me, so my eyes are not so much draw to the dashed blue line like they do now.

For me it seems more cluttered now with this noticeable line on every post. I will experiment on my own site to see if making it more like Erik's solution and making it maybe a different colour (light grey) makes it all easier on the eyes. I feel I am seeing to much blue horizontal lines now when I read a thread...

Turned signatures off again :p it feels like the post ended and a new one is already starting ..

Exactly my feeling as well. As I said here: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ivider-above-signatures.771/page-4#post-55874 ... too much blue lines now making the whole thread a little bit of an uneasy read. I loved the simplicity and ease of reading on XF and this is (again) not quite in line with that (at least for me).

It is the same issue as with the [new] indicator on the left previously. Now with this dashed line it is a bit too prominent that it get's more attention then it needs. Why so much focus on a signature divider-line? I want to focus on the content of the post but now my eyes are drawn too much to this divider lines.

But I will give it a chance... maybe it needs some getting used to and I can always change the style myself (I will implement Eriks's idea and make it light-grey), so no big deal. But for browsing XF.com... now I have yet another reason to switch signatures off indeed.

They tried a dotted line but then people complained it was too faint, now it's dashed and people complain it draws to much attention :p

it is just that the dashed-line is darker than the normal line, which makes it harder to recognize where the post ends and a new post begins.
If the color of the dashed line has a brighter color than the post-line, everything would be fine.

Just switch the color of those 2 lines.

Yep, go figure.

Go figure what exactly? Our feedback makes it clear that it would be good to find a midway between the previous and current solution. Sometimes I feel people get somehow/somewhat defensive when it comes to us contributing design improvements. We only do this to make the product better in the end.

I do not have much of a problem with it, but I would like to see it in the same color as the post divider like erich37 mentioned.

Go figure what exactly? Our feedback makes it clear that it would be good to find a midway between the previous and current solution. Sometimes I feel people get somehow/somewhat defensive when it comes to us contributing design improvements. We only do this to make the product better in the end.
My "go figure" was posted because people want one thing, get it, then it's not what they wanted.
It has nothing whatsoever to do with people contributing to design improvements, nor was I defensive. :)

Fact is, this can be changed when we get our own copies, and we can make that line any color we want to.

Top Bottom