1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented [Suggestion] Some sort of divider above signatures

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by BirdOPrey5, Aug 1, 2010.

1. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 Well-Known Member

I find myself reading some people's sigs as if they were the last line of text in a post and not a signature... it sometimes gets confusing especially if people have a plain text sig. I think a line or divider of some type would be better to clearly separate a signature from the main post.
  2. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

There is a line, it is just really faint. It needs more definition. I have noticed the same thing myself a few times.
  3. BirdOPrey5

Hmmm.. on my monitor (Sony Vaio AR-670 laptop) I don't even see a trace of a line. :(
  4. BirdOPrey5

I see it when I tilt my monitor far back... it needs to be a little darker at least.
  5. Disjunto

Disjunto Well-Known Member

sort out your monitor then... or get a new one. I knew my monitor at work is absolutely useless for colour range. the sig line isn't all that bad though
  6. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

I really like how it looks at the moment it is subtle enough for my liking at least :D
  7. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

The line is very very faint on my LG monitor too. It definitely needs to be a little bit more defined, more contrast to help separate the content from the signature.

EDIT: Not that its a big deal, because it would be easily customisable.
  8. BirdOPrey5

Yes, I'll get right on replacing my monitor on a laptop. :rolleyes:
    Sony x-brite screens are popular, if I don't see it tens of thousands of others won't either.
    rastaX and Abdulaziz like this.
  9. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

If your color calibration is off, then it would have to be changed on the monitor, not the software's style.

EDIT: I do agree that the divider does need to be better.
  10. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

It's really faded.
    Abdulaziz likes this.
  11. BirdOPrey5

If my color calibration is off then so is everyone who has bought a Sony laptop in the last 3 years and 99% of them will never recalibrate their monitors. You need to cater to your audience, not expect people will jump through hoops to make a site look good for them when every other forum works out of the box.
  12. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I kinda like it light like that, it doesn't add a line that pops out at you which IMHO is not needed as nothing should be darker than the background as it messes up the contrast.
  13. David McHenry

David McHenry Active Member

Don't feel bad, mine's color corrected using huey hardware/software, and the line is so faint it's not even noticeable unless you're looking for it.
  14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I added my own divider to my signature. :p
    BirdOPrey5 likes this.
  15. BirdOPrey5

The background is white :confused:, everything is darker than white.
    WhatChaMissin likes this.
  16. BirdOPrey5

That did not go unnoticed. :)
  17. moojiolu

moojiolu Member

Maybe add a double line, for a nice effect?
  18. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

This is probably one of the more easy things to do yourself. Instead of doing it here pleasing half and not the other half, why not do it ourselves and please ourselves. With the templating system it won't be that hard :p
  19. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Agreed, the line is to thin. Especially on high resolution displays.
  20. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I said that earlier. Its not such a big deal as it can be edited by us. It would be nice just to have a little more contrast as default though.