Style Critique: Echo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to figure out if there's a way I can make the fancy gradients Shelley and Kim are able to make using Inkscape. Glad you're liking the updates. :)

Can I just add another observation - put some padding below the logo - maybe 6px or so ... just to separate it a bit more from the forums header.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Can I just add another observation - put some padding below the logo - maybe 6px or so ... just to separate it a bit more from the forums header.

Cheers,
Shaun :D
Sure; added a few more pixels to the "Height of Header Logo" Style Prop. :)

EDIT: Breadcrumb switched to gray
EDIT: I can't get a nice gradient to come out in Inkscape, so I may need help there. :( I realize some of the light colors are hard to read right now, but once I can get a more visible gradient, I can fix those if need be.

Well look atchu! This is coming along very nicely. Good job, both Kurt and Shelley.
good.gif

Nope; that looks good to me. :) I changed my background color to @secondaryLighter instead of Lightest because it was hard to read the blue on the logo with it, but this is fine. :D

With that, I think I've fixed everything else I'd needed to...any further comments?

XF Echo Preview.webp

Well look atchu! This is coming along very nicely. Good job, both Kurt and Shelley.
good.gif

I agree Kurt has done a wonderful job. I didn't really do anything apart from doing a gradient.

If you could kurt I wouldn't mind trying something with your logo. I think the blue text could be highlighted better. I would need the source file and a link to the font used. If your happy with it of course feel free to ignore.

There's one area on the index page were I feel you should add the radius property. See the white area at the bottom add in a border-radius: 5px; Might be 10 the same as the top.

Attachments

• trombones-radius.webp
    trombones-radius.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 10
I agree Kurt has done a wonderful job. I didn't really do anything apart from doing a gradient.

If you could kurt I wouldn't mind trying something with your logo. I think the blue text could be highlighted better. I would need the source file and a link to the font used. If your happy with it of course feel free to ignore.
Sure! Unfortunately, the file's an .svg; hope that's OK.

Here's the font: http://www.dafont.com/harabara.font

Attachments

There's one area on the index page were I feel you should add the radius property. See the white area at the bottom add in a border-radius: 5px; Might be 10 the same as the top.
Ooh, yeah; I'll change that. Does your breadcrumb always have that weird black line there? o_O

Not sure whether the logo came out any clearer I had to crop out the middle. There's a preview below and the transparent version just some minor touches. Really not sure it will look better but was worth a try.

Attachments

• logo_preview.webp
    logo_preview.webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 7
  • logo_transparent.webp
    logo_transparent.webp
    7.1 KB · Views: 6
Ooh, yeah; I'll change that. Does your breadcrumb always have that weird black line there? :confused:

Find the following code and adjust the border:It'll reside in one of your breadcrumb.css templates. change the 3b3b3b to b2b2b2

Code:
.breadcrumb .crust a.crumb {
    background-color: #E7E7E7;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #3B3B3B;
    display: block;
    line-height: 24px;
    margin-bottom: -1px;
    outline: 0 none;
    padding: 0 10px 0 18px;
    text-decoration: none;
}
[code]

I think I like the original version better (no offense :)). Another option would be to reverse the gradient so it's light at the top and dark at the bottom, but I don't think it's a huge issue with appearance right now anyway, so... *shrug* lol

I think I like the original version better (no offense :)). Another option would be to reverse the gradient so it's light at the top and dark at the bottom, but I don't think it's a huge issue with appearance right now anyway, so... *shrug* lol

No worries I like your version better tbh. Here's the reverse gradient if you wish to give it a try.

Attachments

• trombones_gradient_reverse.webp
    trombones_gradient_reverse.webp
    178 bytes · Views: 2
Find the following code and adjust the border:It'll reside in one of your breadcrumb.css templates. change the 3b3b3b to b2b2b2

Code:
}

For some reason, I had a _border-bottom: none; in there along with it...I removed it; is it fixed now?

*points at background with upgraded gradient* What am I doing wrong now? *scratches head* o_O

It's still showing the black bottom-border. Just a correction I should make that the hex value you should use to replace that darker bottom-border is #8E8C8C

This is what you have atm

Code:
}

Your breadcrumbs bottom-border is now showing as fixed. Nice job. :)

edit: I see your using the reversed gradient. If your planning on keeping it that way you may want to use this #9e9e9e as the background colour so the join is seamless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom