Style Critique: Echo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a transparent (with the background text) offset applied.

The new height on this logo is 106px. 2px more in height than your current logo which was 104px.

Edit: I've also included the optimised (png-8) variant for a smaller kb size.

Attachments

• logo.webp
    logo.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 9
  • logo_optimised.webp
    logo_optimised.webp
    6 KB · Views: 8
  • logo_shelley.webp
    logo_shelley.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 9
  • logo_optimised_shelley.webp
    logo_optimised_shelley.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 10
  • logo_optimised_shelley_1.webp
    logo_optimised_shelley_1.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 12
Ignore the logo it's a revised constant w.i.p of kurts logo.

Not sure whether this is a possibility kurt but have you considered adding a fixed version of your style. I ask because I noticed that it's fairly easy getting that extra border opacity thing you have displaying with images rather than css. We love css but ie doesn't show that nice opacity border running down the page. Another benefit as you can see is that it covers the whole navigation area and doesn't stop short.

That said, I've still got the footer to do with that opacity border thing but a fixed alternative might be a good option to give your members. (screenshot below)
shelleys_overlay_fixed.webp
fixed_overlayborder_postbit.webp

Yeah, get your fluid style done first. Once that's near completion create a new style and import it and then make the necessary adjustments to make it fixed (I suggest setting it at 960px) and we can take it from there. That overlay border will remain in IE.

I'm still fighting with it to work in the footer so there's plenty of time.

overlar_border_ie8.webp

Cor blimey ... you have a few days away from xF and this happens ... very nice, and love the face in the logo - just brings it to life a bit more.

You don't fancy styling the Geeks forums when I get ready to launch do you ... lol

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Cor blimey ... you have a few days away from xF and this happens ... very nice, and love the face in the logo - just brings it to life a bit more.

You don't fancy styling the Geeks forums when I get ready to launch do you ... lol

Cheers,
Shaun :D
Shelley's helped a lot with tweaking and improving things, and the suggestions here have really helped. :D

Looking for suggestions on my postbit now:
Echo Preview - Postbit.webp
I've been scratching my head on this for a while, but I can't find anything I particularly like. I do prefer having one color that covers both the avatarholder and the userinfo, but I don't like that the gradient doesn't show with the extra info (i.e. gender) appearing (though I'm not planning on having it show on my site). That box will probably be blue instead of gray, but I just tweaked that to see what it was like. As always, suggestions are welcome (as well as on anything else with the style up to now). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom