• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Suggestion] Style/site review critique forum

Shelley

I'm wondering whether it would be worth having a xenforo "forum critique" area under the anywhere but a non-customer area. Because this is a community sustained area I feel it would be nice and practical for users who have setup their online xenforo community to get additional feedback and enticing further improvements to their sites. Thoughts?

steven s

This will result in less advertisment of forums just to increase some members/traffic on their boards .
You think? :)
The suggestion is for a new forum with one forum per thread to discuss style, etc?
That would be good as long as people do not abuse it by bumping over a minor style change.

iTuN3r

You think? :)
The suggestion is for a new forum with one forum per thread to discuss style, etc?
That would be good as long as people do not abuse it by bumping over a minor style change.
There should be some Guidelines regarding that section and submissions of sites :)

I'm wondering whether it would be worth having a xenforo "forum critique" area under the Off Topic area. Because this is a community sustained area I feel it would be nice and practical for users who have setup their online xenforo community to get additional feedback and enticing further improvements to their sites. Thoughts?
I like!

Blandt

Why do you guys worry about " bump " and increasing traffic for fellow members !?? Is it a bad thing ?

We want Xenforo owners to succeed, So I think it is a good idea to have a critique section/ one forum per thread .. and if they get increased traffic then so be it .. that's a bonus I would say !.... The only requirement is : the site must be running Xenforo

My 2cents :D

steven s

Why do you guys worry about " bump " and increasing traffic for fellow members !?? Is it a bad thing ?
I'm just thinking when someone replies to a thread with, hey, what do you think about my forum?, it defeats the whole purpose. There is nothing wrong with extra traffic to a forum.

I'm guessing the intent is for posts like mine,
I don't like the look of my forum - advice? from Off Topic to this suggested forum since comments about a forum really isn't off topic. IMHO.