1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Suggestion] Style/site review critique forum

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Shelley, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'm wondering whether it would be worth having a xenforo "forum critique" area under the anywhere but a non-customer area. Because this is a community sustained area I feel it would be nice and practical for users who have setup their online xenforo community to get additional feedback and enticing further improvements to their sites. Thoughts?
  2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Good idea.
    jonsidneyb likes this.
  3. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

I would like one too.
    jonsidneyb likes this.
  4. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

I agree :)
    jonsidneyb likes this.
  5. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how this is different than Show us your XF thread.
    Floris likes this.
  6. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

I definitely like this idea :)

Everyone likes to have some criticism and praise for the work they've done. Good way to help each other's community 'blind spots' :D
    jonsidneyb, Peggy and Blandt like this.
  7. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

This will result in less advertisment of forums just to increase some members/traffic on their boards .
  8. steven s

You think? :)
    The suggestion is for a new forum with one forum per thread to discuss style, etc?
    That would be good as long as people do not abuse it by bumping over a minor style change.
  9. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

There should be some Guidelines regarding that section and submissions of sites :)
    Shelley likes this.
  10. Floris

Floris Guest

One thread to rule them all! :D
  11. Fusion

Fusion Member

I like!
  12. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe the idea is for one thread per forum, to have not only the style, but also layout, categories, forums, etc critiqued.
  13. steven s

Although it seems like more work for mods trying to keep it on topic or splitting threads.
    They may need a raise.
  14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't know. :)
  15. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Why do you guys worry about " bump " and increasing traffic for fellow members !?? Is it a bad thing ?

We want Xenforo owners to succeed, So I think it is a good idea to have a critique section/ one forum per thread .. and if they get increased traffic then so be it .. that's a bonus I would say !.... The only requirement is : the site must be running Xenforo

My 2cents :D
    Dragonfly, ArnyVee and Peggy like this.
  16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Not a bad thing at all imo.
    Add my 2 cents to yours.
    Blandt likes this.
  17. steven s

I'm just thinking when someone replies to a thread with, hey, what do you think about my forum?, it defeats the whole purpose. There is nothing wrong with extra traffic to a forum.

I'm guessing the intent is for posts like mine,
    I don't like the look of my forum - advice? from Off Topic to this suggested forum since comments about a forum really isn't off topic. IMHO.
  18. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

This is indeed the intent of the suggested forum.
  19. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Plus it's a good thing for people on the fence ;)
  20. Yoruichi

Yoruichi Member

Also believe this would be a good idea to have added to Xenforo.