[Suggestion] Style/site review critique forum

First off I know we have show us your XF thread, but am after more detail, Where to improve etc... there the whole thread is about your site. Not just "Nice I like it" etc...
So members can build more and get more feedback on there site.

I think it would be a nice addition but that's me, Anyone else feel this would be good? or bad even?

You'er Thoughts?

Thanks (y)

Hello lads
hiya.gif

I believe the time has come for us to have a Style/Site review forum for people to post up their own forum, for critique, show off, review, whatever they would like.. (not talking commercial Skinning/theme sites, just individual sites) ...

The current situation of having to post in Chit Chat or that incredibly large and unweildy "Show us your XF" thread is not idea, it might have worked back when there were a limited number of XF installs, but thankfully we have all moved on from that position :)

The big advantage to an individual thread per site or style is that the poster doesn't have to either wade through discussion of other styles/sites.. nor have their post completely lost in fast moving discussion about a certain site.

I think Xenforo is at a stage of maturity and install numbers where such a review forum is truly warranted :)

Hello lads
hiya.gif

I believe the time has come for us to have a Style/Site review forum for people to post up their own forum, for critique, show off, review, whatever they would like.. (not talking commercial Skinning/theme sites, just individual sites) ...

The current situation of having to post in Chit Chat or that incredibly large and unweildy "Show us your XF" thread is not idea, it might have worked back when there were a limited number of XF installs, but thankfully we have all moved on from that position :)

The big advantage to an individual thread per site or style is that the poster doesn't have to either wade through discussion of other styles/sites.. nor have their post completely lost in fast moving discussion about a certain site.

I think Xenforo is at a stage of maturity and install numbers where such a review forum is truly warranted :)

Agreed. (y)

Merged (again).

Well I am sorry for thinking that this needed to be addressed again.... I do not want my suggested merged with Shelleys.. My suggestion is NOT a sub forum below Off Topic, and frankly I do not appreciate being made to feel like a fool for making a suggestion that in the space of one afternoon 10 people supported, regardless of if it is similar or even exactly the same as some other much earlier suggestion that has been ignored. I think I have earned the right to at least my own bloody thread... apparently not. The fact this apparently keeps coming up over and over should be indicating something to you.. it is almost unbelievable that a forum software site doesn't yet have a Forum show off forum.. how hard is it for goodness sakes.

Every thread in Off topic now seems to degenerates into some moronic juvenile forum fight between the same few members.. and then gets closed without a by your leave to the OP only to have the same people doing this over and over.

I am monumentally disappointed in how things have been around here lately.

it is almost unbelievable that a forum software site doesn't yet have a Forum show off forum.. how hard is it for goodness sakes.
Speak to Kier, Mike or Ashley, I don't have permissions to be able to rearrange the forum.

Every thread in Off topic now seems to degenerates into some moronic juvenile forum fight between the same few members.. and then gets closed without a by your leave to the OP only to have the same people doing this over and over.
Speak to Kier, Mike or Ashley, I'm only a moderator and don't have the ability to ban members or do anything more than close/delete threads.

I am monumentally disappointed in how things have been around here lately.
That makes two of us.

Constantly getting it in the neck for just doing my job has become very wearing.
If it wasn't for the fact that the guys need all the help they can get at the moment, I would have packed it in a long time ago.

I've said it a few times before but I'll say it again.
A complete restructuring of the forums has been discussed between the staff.
It just remains to be implemented...by Kier, Mike or Ashley.

Speak to Kier, Mike or Ashley, I don't have permissions to be able to rearrange the forum.

Speak to Kier, Mike or Ashley, I'm only a moderator and don't have the ability to ban members or do anything more than close/delete threads.

That makes two of us.

Constantly getting it in the neck for just doing my job has become very wearing.
If it wasn't for the fact that the guys need all the help they can get at the moment, I would have packed it in a long time ago.

I've said it a few times before but I'll say it again.

Funnily enough I did think I *was* speaking to Kier, Mike and Ashley when I raised a brand spanking new thread, with my suggestion, which is why it is annoying that it is just merged into an older one, and thus completely overlooked and forgotten. Yes I could contact them privately, but why should I when you have a fabulous Feedback forum, and I know that others would like to publicly support the idea and give their feedback on this ... Again.

I know you do a very difficult job under very trying circumstances Paul, I have said before you are the hardest working support person I have ever encountered... but clearly there is a problem here currently, either a lack of staff, or something I know not what.

My sincere apologies if you felt I was having a go at you, I was not... I am just heartily fed up and annoyed at having one thread closed because children can't control themselves.. and then a thread merged today.. and another thread closed because of the bad behaviour of others the other day.. it gets to the point where you have to wonder if it is worth posting at all.

And yes.. no doubt I am being a drama queen... and I should just sit back and say nothing instead.

Creating missing features, restructuring the forums, release a roadmap,fighting a court case against XF,replying to posts,live a life...
...just not enough hours in a day to do all that for those 3 guys.

Funnily enough I did think I *was* speaking to Kier, Mike and Ashley when I raised a brand spanking new thread, with my suggestion, which is why it is annoying that it is just merged into an older one, and thus completely overlooked and forgotten. Yes I could contact them privately, but why should I when you have a fabulous Feedback forum, and I know that others would like to publicly support the idea and give their feedback on this ... Again.

I know you do a very difficult job under very trying circumstances Paul, I have said before you are the hardest working support person I have ever encountered... but clearly there is a problem here currently, either a lack of staff, or something I know not what.

My sincere apologies if you felt I was having a go at you, I was not... I am just heartily fed up and annoyed at having one thread closed because children can't control themselves.. and then a thread merged today.. and another thread closed because of the bad behaviour of others the other day.. it gets to the point where you have to wonder if it is worth posting at all.

And yes.. no doubt I am being a drama queen... and I should just sit back and say nothing instead.
No Kim you are not being a 'drama queen'. I agree with what you've said. I also don't feel that your thread should have been merged with the older one, and think it should be split off back into your own thread.

Sorry but I also feel that there's been too much of closing threads lately (we were rarely permitted to do this when I was a mod here), rather than moderating them.

So essentially threads about exactly the same subject shouldn't be merged, have I got that right?

So anyone else would be free to start a new thread asking for a "style critique forum" and we would just leave them all as individual threads?
So far that would make 4 or 5 different threads asking for exactly the same thing.

I apologise wholeheartedly for doing such a poor job of moderating.
(That's British sarcasm in case anyone was in any doubt)

That's not what I said Brogan. And you do a fantastic job, imo.
But we don't feel that Kim's thread should have been merged with a much older thread. That's all.

Top Bottom