[Suggestion] Style/site review critique forum

Guys and Girls - we all know that the sensible thing to do here is what Paul has done. Threads about the same subject matter should be in the same place. Old threads come to the fore with new posts, not overlooked or forgotten. Let us work together, please.

Every thread in Off topic now seems to degenerates into some moronic juvenile forum fight between the same few members.. and then gets closed without a by your leave to the OP only to have the same people doing this over and over.

And I am too sorry, But when you are insulted by the same members who come here to troll and clearly been trolls since joining here, posts and members alike will not just sit and take it when these insult posts are left intact. I refer to your comment clearly pointing at your disgust with the off-topic area.It's alright if it doesn't constantly happen to you, which, seems to be quite okay or that is how it feels around here.

Please forgive us, if we strongly disagree, in this case. :)
Fair enough. For the sake of clarity, are we disagreeing with 1) threads with the same subject should not be merged? 2) old threads come to the fore with new posts? 3) we should work together? 4) that Paul has done the sensible thing? 5) all of the points mentioned?

Fair enough. For the sake of clarity, are we disagreeing with 1) threads with the same subject should not be merged? 2) old threads come to the fore with new posts? 3) we should work together? 4) that Paul has done the sensible thing? 5) all of the points mentioned?

My suggestion has now changed ashley, I am suggesting that this doesn't go in a non customer forum if/when this is ever implemented. Which is along the same lines what kim is suggesting.

Best thing to do on this moment would be create new Style/Site review forum and close this thread too :P otherwise debates on some topics will never end .

Ashley, this is what I'm referring to -
That's not what I said Brogan. And you do a fantastic job, imo.
But we don't feel that Kim's thread should have been merged with a much older thread. That's all.

Kims suggestion doesn't really differ, they are the same except she's suggesting it doesn't go in under off-topic. Which I've now amended in the first post

I understand that. But I'll let her speak for herself from here on out. This forum is a frustrating place to be lately. :confused:

I understand that. But I'll let her speak for herself from here on out. This forum is a frustrating place to be lately. :confused:

Like I said, for people whom are not insulted by it's trolls on a daily basis are okay in turning a blind eye. I came here to contribute, they seen that so persisted and here we have what we see today. Not crying about it, I'm just saying this is what happens when you turn a blind eye to it. And yes, Frustrating is putting it mildly.

Well I feel this is a most have forum.. I love looking at awesome sites and the "show your XF" thread just does not do it...

I ended up posting in Shelleys site to get some critique on my site tbh.... (not that's a bad thing) but I still feel we need it here too.

Just my two pence :LOL:

Well I feel this is a most have forum..
It is definitely planned to be introduced, not in a customer only forum or in off topic either.

I wish I could post the proposed structure here to put everyone's mind at rest, but I can't.

Reactions: Dan
Off topic slightly but it does only take a very small handful of people to bring out the worst in some of us. I find myself cringing from time to time at a few individuals in here. The vast majority of the people here I have no problem with and greatly enjoy the posts of many of the members. I need to learn to not get red-faced at a few of the antics I see.

It is definitely planned to be introduced, not in a customer only forum or in off topic either.

I wish I could post the proposed structure here to put everyone's mind at rest, but I can't.
I don't think we were asking for a proposed structure, and no one is upset about whether there is or isn't a critique forum yet.
I think that Kim and I (or perhaps I shouldn't speak for her) were ticked because we felt that her suggestion was different enough from Shelley's, that it shouldn't have been merged with her thread, which is a much older thread. I still feel that way, not that it's going to do any good. :)

And yes, Frustrating is putting it mildly.

I am sure that you are not alone and spare a thought to consider it from the other side of the coin. The aim and the request is to work together which is not what we are doing presently.
A place for the "critique forum" is necessary, there isn't an appropriate place yet. We have it in mind, along with some other matters.

Speak to Kier, Mike or Ashley, I'm only a moderator and don't have the ability to ban members or do anything more than close/delete threads.

I really really really hate to bug them as I am positive they have their plate full with coding, managing a business, and dealing with a lawsuit. *Biting lip and cringing as I send them a message*

/gives up
/gives ice-cream
Anime-Ice-Cream-xxxsk8trxxx-7506149-151-259.jpg

Brogan you do a fab job around here :) keep it up man.

Top Bottom