Style Critique: Echo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha; I stuck the gradient on the bottom now--thanks for the tip as well; hadn't paid attention to what that did. :D

Think I should change the color and/or eliminate the text-shadow (though I love it so :p) on the navtabs at the top? It's hard to read on the gray bg with its current color, I think. May change the hover-over bg color for them as well.

I would also work on the side panels and the lastpost area. Perhaps give it a border and radius? Overall, the style is coming together very nicely.

All righty; a few more changes:
-Border-radius added to secondaryContent (sidebar blocks, profile comments, etc.)
-Border added to avatar (I forget why I removed it in the first place :P)
-Changed a few colors, i.e. navtab hover bg
-Changed colors of messageUserBlock (the avatar/username block on posts)
-Lightened border of breadcrumb to match lastpost/sidebar block borders

I want to do something more noticeable to the transparent container, but I don't have any ideas there, so it's staying like that for now.

Link here for ease of access. Critique away :) *goes to bed*

Another sweep-in quick-review; Sign Up Now text - maybe change it to white as the blue merges with the dark grey background - well it does on my TFT at the office anyway.

Also darken the grey text on the right-hand status panels to give a bit more contrast and make it easier to read.

Shaping up nicely though :D

Another sweep-in quick-review; Sign Up Now text - maybe change it to white as the blue merges with the dark grey background - well it does on my TFT at the office anyway.

Also darken the grey text on the right-hand status panels to give a bit more contrast and make it easier to read.

just was gonna mention the sign up button

Forum view for some forums is borked, e.g. http://dev.voiceradio.us/forums/must-have-forum.4/
You have forced styles for those to Black & White.
Oh, yeah, I know; that was for Blandt, lol. That'll change in the actual version (I made that one too, but in like ten seconds; he loves it, I hate it...hahaha).

Oops; it'd probably help if I logged out and looked at that. :P Next on the list...

The style is coming along nicely Kurt.

Some minor grievances. I would change the following background colours to #9e9e9e to eliminate the whitish background showing (screenshot below). As suggested by (Paul) Brogan that issue rectified, And definitely the "Sign up Now" button styled (possibly just change the text to #fffffff or a lighter colour.

On that note, Coming together nicely and you made a sound judgement styling the lastpost and sideblocks. The added radius has done this area justice.

Edit: I would suggest possibly create a white >> transparent gradient specially made for the side panels (block) to give it some depth. It's worth a try imo.

Code:
html {
    background-color: #F0F0F0;
    overflow-y: scroll !important;
}
html {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
    color: #000000;
}

trombones_overflow_backgrou.webp

Some minor grievances. I would change the following background colours to #9e9e9e to eliminate the whitish background showing (screenshot below). As suggested by (Paul) Brogan that issue rectified, And definitely the "Sign up Now" button styled (possibly just change the text to #fffffff or a lighter colour.
It's #9e9e9e on the Body now, but I'm still seeing that issue on the What's New? page because I've read all of them, so the page is short. Any way to fix that? Also, setting it to that color makes it harder for the logo to pop out and/or be read clearly. :/

By "side panels," are you referring to the sidebar or the transparent container whatchamacallit? :p

EDIT: Just saw the sign-up box... o___O hahaha

Do you know where the signup link color can be controlled? I see from Firebug that it's .secondaryContent a, but changing that would also change all of my links.

Sidebar grays shall be darker momentarily; I thought about that last night myself. :)

oh yuck. I do not like the darker gray in the top background at all. You can barely see the blue in the logo.
It was perfect the way it was before you changed it to this.

What I would do kurt is keep the darker background you have going at the top because it compliments everything bar the blue text in your logo. What I would suggest however is make some adjustments to the logo blue text so it's prominently more highlighted on the darker gradient otherwise you'll find yourself going around in circles.

I wouldn't say it's yuck, the blue text just doesn't compliment the darker background which was highlighted in the thread previously which would be the easiest most practical alteration to make at this point.

What about making the blue items from the logo white?

I know you spent a good deal of time tuning the logo, but that was on a white background.

Just a thought?

Scratch that - I forgot about slushie's mouth. I was just thinking about contrast. Hmmm ... this is very challenging. :D

The logo's blue is lighter now. :)

Is it possible to change the "Terms and Rules" link at the bottom without changing the other links? :/

EDIT: Sidebar title colors are darker now.
EDIT (again): Shelley, where would this code go?
Edit: I would suggest possibly create a white >> transparent gradient specially made for the side panels (block) to give it some depth. It's worth a try imo.

Code:
html {
    background-color: #F0F0F0;
}
html {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
    color: #000000;
}

The logo's blue is lighter now. :)

Is it possible to change the "Terms and Rules" link at the bottom without changing the other links? :/

EDIT: Sidebar title colors are darker now.
EDIT (again): Shelley, where would this code go?

Look in your xenforo.css template and find the following code (below) and insert the appropriate hex value so that the background is seamless with the end of the gradient. background-color: is the part you want to insert the appropriate colour.

Edit: with the colour being #6e6e6e

Code:
html
{
    @property "html";
    background-color: @pageBackground;
    @property "/html";

Is the "Sign Up Now!" text currently white? I don't know what I changed, but I just noticed in FF that it's white now. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom