Style Critique: Echo

Status
Not open for further replies.
*yawn* Morning, everyone...

@Shaun: I knew that *points at his "note to self" in the shoutbox* :p, but hadn't gotten around to changing it yet. Thanks, though. :)
@Shelley: While I like your enhancements, I'm conflicted with the fact that it's primarily gray, and with more gold/yellow than blue, and I'd like blue to be the primary color (though I can see how the "sea of blue" *snickers* from before was a little much). :( I'm looking at Flexile right now and noting that while it has a gray background, it's still considered a "light" skin, I think...so perhaps something more along those lines? I'll play around more after classes today.

*ignores the off-topic bickering* :p

Aww well that is no fun, As for your replies though good for you... I am happy you haven't gone from your original color scheme of blue's to the yellow and grey that has caused said bickering... As floris said when it comes to Shelly's Grey and Yellow "I don't like at all".

:D

Wait I love how people say "I can read" but don't read what is written... Anywho haven't got time for stupid pointless offtopic arguments...
I read what was written. "Neanderthal". ROFL. That's all I was replying to.

*yawn* Morning, everyone...

@Shaun: I knew that *points at his "note to self" in the shoutbox* :p, but hadn't gotten around to changing it yet. Thanks, though. :)
@Shelley: While I like your enhancements, I'm conflicted with the fact that it's primarily gray, and with more gold/yellow than blue, and I'd like blue to be the primary color (though I can see how the "sea of blue" *snickers* from before was a little much). :( I'm looking at Flexile right now and noting that while it has a gray background, it's still considered a "light" skin, I think...so perhaps something more along those lines? I'll play around more after classes today.

GOOD morning young man. Yes please do ignore our off-topic banter. Sorry about that. :)

I explained right there floris. :) Overall your feedback didn't help, infact, providing "why" you didn't like it (as others have help you) would have been beneficial and help the OP. We love the reasons why you don't like if reasons are given. You didn't. ;)

Kinda self explanatory, as we know how the first post and the development of the suggestions is posted, the opinion I am posting that I simply don't like it, is to the suggestion to his style.

Nothing more to say to 'i dont like it' ---- why? Because it looks f* ugly .. is why. But I thought to refrain from that part and just stick to the obvious : "the suggestion made to the style with the new color combinations ... i don't like it'

Get over it already.. People don't always like what they see. Giving critique to someone while expecting 100% worshipping in return......

Calling my comment something like a N. dialect and claiming the color changes are an improvement while that's just your opinion opens you up to simple: It's my opinion and preference of not liking one thing over the other. And in this case I simply didn't like it - At All. That you don't like receiving negative feedback is not my problem, that's yours.

Kinda self explanatory, as we know how the first post and the development of the suggestions is posted, the opinion I am posting that I simply don't like it, is to the suggestion to his style.

Nothing more to say to 'i dont like it' ---- why? Because it looks f* ugly .. is why. But I thought to refrain from that part and just stick to the obvious : "the suggestion made to the style with the new color combinations ... i don't like it'

Get over it already.. People don't always like what they see. Giving critique to someone while expecting 100% worshipping in return......

Calling my comment something like a N. dialect and claiming the color changes are an improvement while that's just your opinion opens you up to simple: It's my opinion and preference of not liking one thing over the other. And in this case I simply didn't like it - At All. That you don't like receiving negative feedback is not my problem, that's yours.

Your clearly missing the point floris, as always. I personally think it was an improvement though I don't claim that it was for others. When people post they don't like something with an explanation why they didn't like it rather then "ugh" I see the full explanation into the reasons why they didn't like as positive feedback to the point it's constructive enough to work from. Hard to grasp? That is the fact of the matter, and the point I was making and it's how others helped you in your topic with regards to your style.

Look into what I say whatever means you see fit. :)

Your clearly missing the point floris, as always. I personally think it was an improvement though I don't claim that it was for others. When people post they don't like something with an explanation why they didn't like it rather then "ugh" I see the full explanation into the reasons why they didn't like as positive feedback to the point it's constructive enough to work from. Hard to grasp? That is the fact of the matter, and the point I was making and it's how others helped you in your topic with regards to your style.

Look into what I say whatever means you see fit. :)

I always miss the point?
You serious?

So from a personal opinion that I have that the color changes are not an improvement, because I don't look them at all changed into a personal comment about how I read things and always miss the point and that I haveeeeee to explain why I don't like it or why I think it's ugly?

Nobody in this elitest thread bothered to mention to the OP that his attempt is actually pretty well done, and that because he asked for it, some feedback might be helping him improve it. Instead the thread is full of up tight people not giving feedback but critiquing the guy - while some of the styles they've created in the last few months were questionable to say the least.

Funny how you point out to me that I might need to provide an argument to my opinion, while your post history is full of 'i like this' (or not) .. without any further explanation.

If I misunderstand what your point is, which in my opinion is simple: You don't like it that I post negative about your color combination, because I didn't finish the sentence with 'this is ugly because of the poor color combinations and the lack of contrasting blahblahblah' ... then I guess I am a horrible person for giving my opinion in the first place.

Neanderthal dialect I wrote. I wasn't calling floris a Neanderthal. ;)
Thanks for explaining that. Maybe it's because my language isn't English as primary language I could have misread that. Hence why I asked for explanation - I would be disappointed reading a friend saying that.

Nobody thinks your a horrible person Floris. Like i said, Look into my comment as you deem fit. You've not only missed the point but now people are flocking with their popcorn and watching us go around in circles. Let's just agree to disagree aka "ugh". :)

The color combination suggestion against the original one.. I simply don't like it. Nothing else I can say about that - it's a personal opinion and I don't feel there's a need for me to explain that any further as it will only sound negative and it will go in circles, I did not say "ugh", nor that I disagree, I said I don't like it - At All.

That people flock to popcorn just to read our comments says more about them than you or me.

popcorn-gif.gif

Well, I was already here, so I didn't flock to the thread with it... :p

I'll try some more stuff this afternoon and gauge your thoughts on it then. Thanks again for the feedback so far. :)

@Peggy: GOOD morning indeed! :D

popcorn-gif.gif

Well, I was already here, so I didn't flock to the thread with it... :p

I'll try some more stuff this afternoon and gauge your thoughts on it then. Thanks again for the feedback so far. :)

@Peggy: GOOD morning indeed! :D

You made a great start with the style.

Doing some more tweaking:
-The background is still gray, but is @secondaryLighter now.
-I made the category strips and the sort-subforum-whatevers (the strips at the top of the subforum views) (ignore the messed-up hover; gotta fix that later) gold instead of blinding you with yellow. :P It's the same gold as the admin usergroup markup. I haven't decided yet if I want to keep it or just go back to a blue or gray there instead. Another option if I want the third color is to color the outer transparent border whatchamacallit with that color instead of being transparent.
-I believe the navtabs are a different blue from when I last posted.
-I think I'll do the dashed lines between subforums that Shelley put in her mockup...just gotta find which property it is. lol

Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated. :)

Doing some more tweaking:
-The background is still gray, but is @secondaryLighter now.
-I made the category strips and the sort-subforum-whatevers (the strips at the top of the subforum views) (ignore the messed-up hover; gotta fix that later) gold instead of blinding you with yellow. :p It's the same gold as the admin usergroup markup. I haven't decided yet if I want to keep it or just go back to a blue or gray there instead. Another option if I want the third color is to color the outer transparent border whatchamacallit with that color instead of being transparent.
-I believe the navtabs are a different blue from when I last posted.
-I think I'll do the dashed lines between subforums that Shelley put in her mockup...just gotta find which property it is. lol

Your thoughts and opinions are appreciated. :)

Go into the node_list template and find the following code

Code:
/* main area - used for L2 categories and most other nodes */

.nodeList .categoryForumNodeInfo,
.nodeList .forumNodeInfo,
.nodeList .pageNodeInfo,
.nodeList .linkNodeInfo
{
    @property "primaryContent";
    background-color: @contentBackground;
    padding: 10px;
    border-bottom: 1px solid @primaryLighterStill;
    @property "/primaryContent";

padding: 0;
}

and change border-bottom: 1px solid @primaryLighterStill; to border-bottom: 1px dashed @primaryLighterStill;

Bare in mind if you wish to change the colouring replace @primaryLighterStill with an hexvalue of your choice/preference.

Go into the node_list template and find the following code

Code:
/* main area - used for L2 categories and most other nodes */

.nodeList .categoryForumNodeInfo,
.nodeList .forumNodeInfo,
.nodeList .pageNodeInfo,
.nodeList .linkNodeInfo
{
    @property "primaryContent";
    background-color: @contentBackground;
    padding: 10px;
    border-bottom: 1px solid @primaryLighterStill;
    @property "/primaryContent";

padding: 0;
}

and change border-bottom: 1px solid @primaryLighterStill; to border-bottom: 1px dashed @primaryLighterStill;

Bare in mind if you wish to change the colouring replace @primaryLighterStill with an hexvalue of your choice/preference.
Thanks; I made that change and changed the colors of that and @sectionMain to @primaryLightish. :)

Thanks; I made that change and changed the colors of that and @sectionMain to @primaryLightish. :)

Kurt could you possibly insert a link to the first post in this thread to your site? That way I'm not stuck finding the link which is buried on page 2, might even be page3.

Kurt could you possibly insert a link to the first post in this thread to your site? That way I'm not stuck finding the link which is buried on page 2, might even be page3.
There is one, but it's buried in text so I'll bold the word ("here"). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom