Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
PHP:
ErrorException: Undefined index: steamids - /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/js/steam/jsonproxy.php:66
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 5:58 PM
Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/js/steam/jsonproxy.php(66): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/sociall1/...', 66, Array)
#1 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(62) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/js/steam/jsonproxy.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I'll look into these errors as soon as I can.

I'm having a slight issue. When I enable having the steam profile within message content. Whenever there are quotes, they hide the steam profile. Anyway to over come this issue?

Also, I can't seem to find the public statistics in the navbar. I've already enabled them in the options.

It's CSS issues, you may have to change the z-index of the steam profile.

As for the nav bar make sure to also give usergroups permissions to see it.

Error Info
PHP:
ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php:604
Generated By: Adam, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php(604): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/sociall1/...', 604, Array)
#1 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php(421): Steam_ControllerPublic_Register->updateUserStats(1, '765611980250383...')
#2 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): Steam_ControllerPublic_Register->actionSteamRegister()
#3 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

^^ Got this when trying to associate my Steam account with my site.

Hey Adam, Do you have statistics on registration enabled by chance? It looks like it errored on the foreach loop to fill game stats. I wonder if steam didn't kick back XML information.

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /home/metrofor/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Error.php at line 50
XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 295
XenForo_Application::handleException()

What does this mean?

Hi I get this error when I go to install this addon

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Error on rename of './rdota/xf_user_profile.frm' to './rdota/#sql2-1d87-b0ff.frm' (Errcode: 1)

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Steam/Manufacture.php at line 150
Steam_Manufacture::addColumnIfNotExists() in Steam/Manufacture.php at line 66
Steam_Manufacture->_installVersion1() in Steam/Manufacture.php at line 59
Steam_Manufacture::build()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /data/rzone/admin.php at line 13

Any Pointers?

No, don't switch. Did you have this addon previously installed in any fashion or is this a fresh install? (If I don't reply in a little while, I had to run, will get back to you as soon as I can).

No, don't switch. Did you have this addon previously installed in any fashion or is this a fresh install? (If I don't reply in a little while, I had to run, will get back to you as soon as I can).
I tried installing the 1.7 version of this, but it didn't work, so I removed the files and grabbed your updated fork and retried. So technically it is fresh...

I tried installing the 1.7 version of this, but it didn't work, so I removed the files and grabbed your updated fork and retried. So technically it is fresh...

So to help me understand better, You installed 1.0.7 (Morgan's) then you replaced the files an attempted another install or did you try upgrading the 1.0.7 version?

So to help me understand better, You installed 1.0.7 (Morgan's) then you replaced the files an attempted another install or did you try upgrading the 1.0.7 version?
I tried installing morgans which gave me a fun but similar error, so I looked on his resource's discussion thread and found your fork. I downloaded your fork and proceded to remove the old files and attempt an install with your fork. And it proceeds to give me the error above when I go to install. I have also restarted by my apache and MySQL servers to ensure nothing was caught in the cache :/...

Okay, so to start completely fresh do the following:

1. Make a database backup (recommended, not required)
  2. Delete the column steam_auth_id if it exists in xf_user_profile
  3. Drop tables xf_steam_games and xf_user_steam_games
  4. Delete js/steam off the web server
  5. Download the zip from this resource, not from GitHub
  6. Upload and overwrite any files
  7. chmod 777 the cache directory as instructed
  8. Install the mod with the provided XML

Okay, so to start completely fresh do the following:

1. Make a database backup (recommended, not required)
  2. Delete the column steam_auth_id if it exists in xf_user_profile
  3. Drop tables xf_steam_games and xf_user_steam_games
  4. Delete js/steam off the web server
  5. Download the zip from this resource, not from GitHub
  6. Upload and overwrite any files
  7. chmod 777 the cache directory as instructed
  8. Install the mod with the provided XML

I chmoded the database directory and not the cache and it worked perfectly. Ty!

Yea stupid linux file system permissions -_-

Steam no-avatar
if someone registers new forum account by steam account and he has no steam avatar, he gets following default steam no-avatar:

but it's not beautifull and I want that they have our xenforo no-avatar instead of steam no-avatar. is there any possibility, if steamuser has no-avatar, xenforo gets instead the xenforo no-avatar image?

Last edited:
Is it possible to disable standard XenForo login/register system and use Steam Authentication instead? Thanks.

if i use internet explorer, SteamProfile wont display in the message (post)

(it works with mozilla firefox and google chrome)

(Steam Authentication & Integration 1.1.6)

Any chance to get fix?

sry for bad english!
FIIR5Hz.png

Hello again, I bring new errors!

ErrorException: Undefined index: openid_return_to - library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php:566
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 8:03 PM
ErrorException: simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]: Entity: line 8: parser error : EntityRef: expecting ';' - library/Steam/Helper/Steam.php:91
Generated By: Unknown Account, 55 minutes ago
Which gives us: http://puu.sh/22fQr

i got this error today:

ErrorException: simplexml_load_string() [<a href='function.simplexml-load-string'>function.simplexml-load-string</a>]: Entity: line 8: parser error : EntityRef: expecting ';' - library/Steam/Helper/Steam.php:91
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 3:06 PM

Steam no-avatar
if someone registers new forum account by steam account and he has no steam avatar, he gets following default steam no-avatar:

but it's not beautifull and I want that they have our xenforo no-avatar instead of steam no-avatar. is there any possibility, if steamuser has no-avatar, xenforo gets instead the xenforo no-avatar image?

I don't believe this is possible. Last I remember, any user that has the default ? avatar for their community picture is actually a unique image link. I'll have to check this again, but if the links to default images are unique, there will be no way to tell.

Is it possible to disable standard XenForo login/register system and use Steam Authentication instead? Thanks.

Could be possible, but I haven't done it so I can't give you any pointers off the top of my head. Sorry :(

if i use internet explorer, SteamProfile wont display in the message (post)

I am aware of this, but because it's a third party script, I'll need to do some digging to figure out if there is a way to fix it. Chances are it's more of a javascript issue than anything else. It does display fine in IE 10 though.

Hello again, I bring new errors!

ErrorException: Undefined index: openid_return_to - library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php:566
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 8:03 PM

The first error sounds like an invalid referrer from the Steam Community or somebody probably tried to hit the steam registration page wrong.

i got this error today:

Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 3:06 PM

This is a result of Steam Community kicking back something that isn't an XML document. I'll see if I can clean up the error handling to make it a bit more user friendly.

EDIT: Also, to those websites cutting out the Powered By Steam link in the template, do be aware that you are violating the terms of the API agreement for Steam. If you don't use the bottom footer links, be sure this goes in your website elsewhere.

Each page that uses the Steam Web API must contain a link to http://steampowered.com with the text "Powered by Steam". We suggest that you put this link in your footer so it is out of the way but still visible to interested users.

This addon puts it in your footer for you, provided you haven't edited it or have a custom template that doesn't display that section.

Top Bottom