- Compatible XF 1.x versions
- Additional requirements
- BCMath, allow_url_fopen = 1 (cURL recommended), OpenSSL, Steam Web API Key
- GNU General Public License
Steam Authentication Version >= 1.6 is compatible with Xenforo 1.5!
Steam Authentication Version 1.4 and 1.5 is compatible with Xenforo 1.3.x and 1.4.x! (No longer supported once XenForo 1.5 is released)
Authenticate to your XenForo forum with Steam! Steam Authentication & Integration allows new and existing users to establish accounts via their Steam accounts using the Steam Web API. There are additional features such as: Steam statistics for your users; Generate notices for users based on steam data (ex. notices for people who own a specific game); Create trophies based on steam data (ex. trophy for associating a steam account to your xenforo account). Best of all, there are no template edits required!
This addon is a continuation of the original Steam Authentication & Integration addon created by Morgan. If you have this version installed already, you can upgrade to this addon without the need to re-install. Just follow the upgrade steps below.
Table Of Contents
- Installation Steps
- Upgrade Steps
- Known Issues / Fixes
- Additional Information
- Single Sign On / Authentication via Steam
- Power by the Steam Web API
- No Template Hooks or Editing Required
- allow_url_fopen = 1 (On by default in PHP)
- Steam Web API Key
- Steam Web API Key
- Configure Prerequisites (if necessary)
- Upload files in the upload directory to your forum
- Install using the provided "addon-Steam.xml"
- Change options for "Steam Integration" as necessary
If your current version is < 1.50
- Delete root/js/steam directory (optional)
- Upload the upload directory to your forum (overwrite any files)
- Upgrade the addon using the provided "addon-Steam.xml" file
Steam Authentication & Integration can be configured in Home > Options > Steam Integration under the Admin Control Panel.
>> IMPORTANT <<
Make sure that you have a STEAM API KEY entered into the configuration options. This addon will NOT function properly without a valid API key.
>> /IMPORTANT <<
If you choose to display the steam statistics navbar tab, make sure to also give allow permissions to the appropriate user groups or users. Otherwise, they will not be able to view statistics. Permissions can be changed under the Users section in the ACP.
The same goes for steam profile banners. Permissions need to be configured to display them to users/groups.
- Setup caching methods for SteamProfile
- Do away with template hooks
- More translations for SteamProfile (need community help on this)
Please do not ask me (HowIChrgeLazer) directly for help via a Conversation. Unless you have sensitive information to share (which you shouldn't share with me anyways) then don't make a conversation and instead post in the resource discussion! It also provides public documentation for others in case they have similar issues.
Steps to take BEFORE asking for help:
- If you are using files from the develop branch on GitHub
- Read your log files
- Read the entire description & readme file
- Read the resource discussion
- If none of the above solved your problem, ask your question in the resource discussion
8) Known Issues / Fixes
Problems displaying user activity in Firefox
9) Additional Information
Like This Addon?
Awesome! Leave a review and tell me how much you like it and why! Feedback is important so you might as well give it so those who develop for this addon can make it better and others can see your opinions.
Steam Authentication & Integration License
Steam Authentication for XenForo
Original Code Written by Morgan Humes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Copyright 2012 Morgan Humes
Code Forked and Updated by Michael Linback Jr. <email@example.com>
Copyright 2014 Michael Linback Jr.
Website: Rage Cage Gaming Community
JSON steam profile badge idea by Luke Foreman
Steam Authentication for XenForo is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Steam Authentication for XenForo is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with SteamProfile. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
Steam Authentication for XenForo is open source! Visit our git repository at github to fork, submit code, or even discuss the code.
This fork was updated by Michael Linback Jr. <firstname.lastname@example.org>
If you'd like to see a current working example, please visit my XenForo forum at Rage Cage Gaming Community
This addon is in no affiliation with or endorsed by Steam or Valve Software.