Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
I am getting an error when installing the addon. I previously had the other Steam Authentication addon installed, so I'm wondering if that is what causing the issue.

Have you tried this step from the readme?

SQL errors during install

Drop xf_steam_games and xf_user_steam_games tables from your database prior to the install.

If you have already, let me know and I can work with you further on this issue. :)

I am getting an error when installing the addon. I previously had the other Steam Authentication addon installed, so I'm wondering if that is what causing the issue. It says

Then procedes to give several numbers with "lines" at which I'm guessing there are errors. Not really sure why it is doing this though. It is after I have uploaded the files to the server and when I am attempting to install the .xml file. Any help is appreciated.

Pete you have to go into your database and look for 2 entries...

Code:
_user_steam_games
and
_steam_games
Drop both tables and then attempt the reinstall of the xml.

Have you tried this step from the readme?

If you have already, let me know and I can work with you further on this issue. :)
Pete you have to go into your database and look for 2 entries...

Code:
_user_steam_games
and
_steam_games
Drop both tables and then attempt the reinstall of the xml.
Thank you both for your help. I was unable to open the readme, not sure if it is because I am on a Mac or what. It states that I don't have a program to open the readme, license, or the changelog. Is it supposed to be a text file?

Also I am having issues with it displaying correctly under the username. It becomes very cluttered and is not in the message details. I am wondering what is causing this issue.

Thank you both for your help. I was unable to open the readme, not sure if it is because I am on a Mac or what. It states that I don't have a program to open the readme, license, or the changelog. Is it supposed to be a text file?

It's just a text file without an extension on it. Common and Known Issues are also listed on the description of this addon here on XenForo for easy reference. ;)

Also I am having issues with it displaying correctly under the username. It becomes very cluttered and is not in the message details. I am wondering what is causing this issue.

Your message user info box doesn't have a lot of room for SteamProfile to fit well. So any users names with names that don't break (such as HowIChrgeLazer or BigPete7978) will wrap down to a new line that will fit. Considering your website is fluid, try increasing the width of message user info.

ErrorException: simplexml_load_file(http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/x/?xml=1) [<a href='function.simplexml-load-file'>function.simplexml-load-file</a>]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable - library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php:81
X is a number. Anyone care to help?

arcaneex, if you could, please make a php file with the the contents <?php phpinfo(); ?>

Browse to it and check for the following directives:
safe_mode
open_basedir

Safe mode should be OFF and open_basedir should be set to no value (aka commented out in php.ini)

If yours are different, these need to be corrected. If you are on a shared host and cannot correct them, you'll have to disable Collect Game Statistics in the options. Chances are SteamProfiles won't work well either.

Finally made the move over to this and love how much faster & more reliable it is than my previous setup.

I noticed though that 'Collect Game Statistics' slowed things down quite a bit when trying to register or associate. If I disabled 'Collect Game Statistics', registering via steam and associating steam would complete very quickly. Previously with it on, once someone clicked associate or 'sign up', it would take quite a while before completing the process.

Because of this I have disabled the game statistics option, but I would like to use this. Is it possible to only run this function via cron, and not have it run during the registration/association process?

Rolled out an 1.1.4-rc1 tag on GitHub with those changes. If things go well on my site, I'll clean up the casing on words in the ACP and release it here as 1.1.4.

i got a problem when i updated to 1.1.3, now the profiles are not loading

Already checked the safe_mode and open_basedir, and i used the steam api key on the CP

1O2rx

i gave u an add on steam Howl, really need help with this since its a trading website, and this is REALLY useful for the members

i got a problem when i updated to 1.1.3, now the profiles are not loading

Already checked the safe_mode and open_basedir, and i used the steam api key on the CP

1O2rx

i gave u an add on steam Howl, really need help with this since its a trading website, and this is REALLY useful for the members
Try the latest - 1.1.4, and see if you have more luck? Or did you mean 1.1.4 not 1.1.3? If the latter, re-upload the files and all that jazz? Sorry I don't have more suggestions, the updates worked fine for me.

Hey,

I was told to inform you by the guy who does our coding that the following needs to be corrected, a location needs to be set, otherwise is doesn't set a location and gives errors.

PHP:
        if(!empty($json_decoded)) {
            $username = $json_decoded->response->players[0]->personaname;
            $location = "Unknown";
            if (isset($json_decoded->response->players[0]->locstatecode))
            {
                $location = $json_decoded->response->players[0]->locstatecode;
                echo $location;
                switch($location){
                    case "AL": $location = "Alabama"; break;
                    case "AK": $location = "Alaska"; break;
                    case "AZ": $location = "Arizona"; break;
                    case "AR": $location = "Arkansas"; break;
                    case "CA": $location = "California"; break;
                    case "CO": $location = "Colorado"; break;
                    case "CT": $location = "Connecticut"; break;
                    case "DE": $location = "Delaware"; break;
                    case "FL": $location = "Florida"; break;
                    case "GA": $location = "Georgia"; break;
                    case "HI": $location = "Hawaii"; break;
                    case "ID": $location = "Idaho"; break;
                    case "IL": $location = "Illinois"; break;
                    case "IN": $location = "Indiana"; break;
                    case "IA": $location = "Iowa"; break;
                    case "KS": $location = "Kansas"; break;
                    case "KY": $location = "Kentucky"; break;
                    case "LA": $location = "Louisiana"; break;
                    case "ME": $location = "Maine"; break;
                    case "MD": $location = "Maryland"; break;
                    case "MA": $location = "Massachusetts"; break;
                    case "MI": $location = "Michigan"; break;
                    case "MN": $location = "Minnesota"; break;
                    case "MS": $location = "Mississippi"; break;
                    case "MO": $location = "Missouri"; break;
                    case "MT": $location = "Montana"; break;
                    case "NE": $location = "Nebraska"; break;
                    case "NV": $location = "Nevada"; break;
                    case "NH": $location = "New Hampshire"; break;
                    case "NJ": $location = "New Jersey"; break;
                    case "NM": $location = "New Mexico"; break;
                    case "NY": $location = "New York"; break;
                    case "NC": $location = "North Carolina"; break;
                    case "ND": $location = "North Dakota"; break;
                    case "OH": $location = "Ohio"; break;
                    case "OK": $location = "Oklahoma"; break;
                    case "OR": $location = "Oregon"; break;
                    case "PA": $location = "Pennsylvania"; break;
                    case "RI": $location = "Rhode Island"; break;
                    case "SC": $location = "South Carolina"; break;
                    case "SD": $location = "South Dakota"; break;
                    case "TN": $location = "Tennessee"; break;
                    case "TX": $location = "Texas"; break;
                    case "UT": $location = "Utah"; break;
                    case "VT": $location = "Vermont"; break;
                    case "VA": $location = "Virginia"; break;
                    case "WA": $location = "Washington"; break;
                    case "WV": $location = "West Virginia"; break;
                    case "WI": $location = "Wisconsin"; break;
                    case "WY": $location = "Wyoming"; break;
                    default: $location = $location;
        }
            }
        }

Hello, I get the same error with the old version, and have to fix this like I did before. Check if you can put this into the addon.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/steam-authentication-integration.27790/page-11#post-376812

Certainly

Hey,

I was told to inform you by the guy who does our coding that the following needs to be corrected, a location needs to be set, otherwise is doesn't set a location and gives errors.

PHP:
 <snip>

Right now the location code just covers states. If it doesn't match it should set their location to "Parts Unknown." The problem with grabbing Steam API data is that it comes back like this:

Code:
"loccountrycode": "US",
"locstatecode": "CA"

The "nicest" way (and I say that in terms of readability) would be building a case statement for loccountrycode to write out the full country name. Alternatively I can just have it pass loccountrycode as the location, but having a location a country code is kinda.... meh. I'll look into that for the next update.

It's odd that it's erroring though. Because with that code, if it doesn't match any of those cases is just returns "Unknown" as the location string. Is there a particular user it errored on? What country combination is he/she using?

Top Bottom