Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
I couldn't really figure out what I needed to do :(

It's been awhile since I've used that add-on, but if i recall correctly, this is what the guide tells you to do:

1. Have this add-on installed
  2. Create functions in MySQL that will do the math to convert SteamIDs into community profile numbers (code is at the alliedmodders link)
  3. The MySQL query that Luke posted will convert his add-on SteamIDs to ones used by this add-on using the functions on the MySQL server from the previous step
As always, make backups before doing MySQL queries.

EDIT: You may have to install this add-on first though to get the column. Let me check.

EDIT 2: Looks like you won't need to install this before the conversion. They seem to share the same column name in the table. So follow those steps above and you should be good.

EDIT 3: My apologies, you do have to install this add-on first to be able to import. This add-on stores profile information in the column steam_auth_id (and the install creates this column) and the add-on you use stores it differently.

So very glad you've taken up the reigns with this Lazer, have upgraded to your latest version and everything is working perfectly :).

One question I do have is how do we get the stats such as Top Games Played etc from the admin area (where personally I don't think they're any use) onto a page, or area, on the forums themselves?

Keep up the great work btw :).

So very glad you've taken up the reigns with this Lazer, have upgraded to your latest version and everything is working perfectly :).

One question I do have is how do we get the stats such as Top Games Played etc from the admin area (where personally I don't think they're any use) onto a page, or area, on the forums themselves?

Keep up the great work btw :).

Creating a navigation tab and some routes are in the works for an upcoming release. This will allow the public to access those stats. (y)

Glad to hear everything is working well too, don't forget to rate and review.

Personally I use Nodes as Tabs, so would actually prefer them just put in a forum as I find it easier to control the tabs.

Oops, thought I had rated and review it, I musta got distracted :o.

Time to pass out after an all night coding session. Had the drive to bang this out so I could let my website sit for the weekend to see if any bugs creep up. Once again, the sneak peak of a key feature of 1.1.1 can be seen here:

http://ragecagegaming.com/forum/steam/

If things go well, what you see at the link above will pretty much be the next resource update on here.

Feedback is welcome.

That looks really nice Lazer :). I do have a coupla ideas but I'll put them to you a bit later on after you recover ;).

Feel free to bring them up. If they can work relatively well and improve what's there, I don't have a problem incorporating it.

What I was thinking is it'd be nice on the user list to have their little steam profile box next to their avatar and have the option to sort by online & in-game, online and offline. Unsure how easy/hard this would be to do.

Also wouldn't mind a widget for the widget framework showing the same too.

Don't ask for much me :p.

User list as in the Member list of the forums? Or on the stats page that I am currently making?

A widget could be possible, however, that may come later as that's support for a third party add-on. Plus the release of the widget XML could be asynchronous to the main build, so I can post it anytime. Just depends when I get to making a widget for my own website. I just started playing with the framework the other night to see how robust it is.

Meant for the stats page you're making, but hey suppose you could do it for member list if you wanted.

All good mate, just wanted to make sure they're possible really, have no time-frame or anything silly like that in mind :).

Shouldn't be a problem placing it in my template. I may have to tweak some things. The steam profile box is kinda big compared to the rest of the text. We'll see how it goes. ;)

I got the steam avatars and their current steam status on the page. However, as of right now the requests all happen at once in the function, so it causes the page load to take a few seconds (3 to 5).

I wanted to use the loading script of the steamprofile.js, but I run into conflicts if I try to setup another instance of it. I'll have to see what I can do to improve the loading later. If anybody has any ideas on what I can do, that would be very helpful.

Figured out an alternative. Have two steamprofile javascripts with a case statement. If you end up on that steam page, it'll load the alternative one instead that just works on avatars.

I'm packing up everything in the development branch to a RC 1.1.1 version on github. This is not the release, but it's close to it. I do ask that if possible, you all take a final look over my forums to see if everything looks good.

I haven't noticed any bugs and I have yet to see XML errors on gathering game data, which is impressive (I've added an exception to the error log in case it does).

http://ragecagegaming.com/forum/

I'm packing up everything in the development branch to a RC 1.1.1 version on github. This is not the release, but it's close to it. I do ask that if possible, you all take a final look over my forums to see if everything looks good.

I haven't noticed any bugs and I have yet to see XML errors on gathering game data, which is impressive (I've added an exception to the error log in case it does).

http://ragecagegaming.com/forum/

Seems to be working fine. Added you as a Steam friend btw... ;)

HowIChrgeLazer updated Steam Authentication & Integration with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.1 Changelog

* Added public steam statistics pages
* Added a permission for the public steam stats
* Added an option to show or hide the steam statistics navbar tab
* Added an exception throw if the cron fails to update a user's XML data
* Organized Steam Integration options in the admin CP
* Created a second steamprofile JS to render just avatars and online state

KNOWN ISSUE(S):
* SteamProfiles fail to load in IE versions < 10

INSTALL TIPS:
* To make sure Steam stats show, have it enabled in options...

Read the rest of this update entry...

And Adam if you wish to have some games or what not I can give you some extras. What I would like to see is the stats in the AP available to add somewhere on the website. A block for instance.... Not sure if thats a possibility.
I did not know you could "transfer" games to other people on Steam.

I guess things have changed a lot indeed since I last really used Steam, myself.

(If you still want to unload a few I'd not pass them up. ;) )

Pretty much what they allow you to do is buy a copy of a game as a "gift" but you can hold it in your inventory. You can trade it to people via steam friends for other games or you can send the gift to somebody without anything in return.

Happy this system got implemented. I used to have to trade my TF2 items for cash in unprotected trades.

Top Bottom