Steam Authentication & Integration

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.6.3

No permission to download
Looks like your connection timed out trying to access a JSON file. I'll see if I can build something into the code to retry it. Worst case, I may have to go back to using cURL, it seems like file_get_contents doesn't handle timeouts very well.

The good thing is, is that it's not a bad error, it just didn't update one person it seems. Luckily, that person doesn't have any game data (private profile I think).

EDIT:

FUTURE PLANS
  • Introduce cURL back into the code (cURL tends to be a little faster than file_get_contents)
  • Code will fall back to file_get_contents if cURL can't be used
  • Script retries for both to minimize failure of grabbing data to near zero

• Introduce cURL back into the code (cURL tends to be a little faster than file_get_contents)
  • Code will fall back to file_get_contents if cURL can't be used

I was going to ask about the removal of curl since from my experience curl is indeed faster / more reliable than file_get_contents. I had planned to browse the git repo and just pick n choose what changes I wanted in order to keep curl, so I'm stoked that you're going to continue using it with file_get_contents as a backup. Thank you again for maintaining this!

Odd...

I use xcache and have fetch public templates as files on. SteamProfiles are working for our site. Can you supply me with anymore information than that?

It looks like that code is grabbing data via the XML method which is unreliable at best. The one that comes with this addon uses JSON. I can't do much in the way of troubleshooting it as I'm not using that library.

Eh changed xmlproxy.php to jsonproxy.php in the js file and it seems to be working... sorta. It tells every linked account that they have Invalid profile data.

I don't think replacing the name is going to fix it. The one that comes with this add-on operates differently than the one you're attempting to use. Is there any reason you aren't making the switch? The one that comes with this addon will query all the SteamProfiles in one request and load all badges simultaneously (You can call multiple 64IDS at with the API). The XML version has to load user by user, which generates a request for every SteamProfile on the page.

I don't think replacing the name is going to fix it. The one that comes with this add-on operates differently than the one you're attempting to use. Is there any reason you aren't making the switch? The one that comes with this addon will query all the SteamProfiles in one request and load all badges simultaneously (You can call multiple 64IDS at with the API). The XML version has to load user by user, which generates a request for every SteamProfile on the page.
It doesn't have the extra fields to allow the user to select things such as their videos and whatnot.
It also shows the game background. Where did you get the version you are using?

That's cool that it has more features, if possible I can try to make this work with JSON in the future and roll it into the add-on.

The modified SteamProfile came from another developer here on xf. It was based off SteamProfile 2.0 I believe.

That's cool that it has more features, if possible I can try to make this work with JSON in the future and roll it into the add-on.

The modified SteamProfile came from another developer here on xf. It was based off SteamProfile 2.0 I believe.
Alright, well I'll switch to the version packaged in the download to spare headaches :)
Also can you switch to that xmlproxy.php file in the github I posted? It's so much better then using the lib folder.

Working on it. Luckily the one you use is from the same exact code base as the one packaged in this addon. In theory it should be somewhat simple (hopefully) to merge the changes together to use the more feature packed version.

EDIT: There's a small problem. I see why this JSON version doesn't have game backgrounds. The image link for the banner is not in the JSON data like it was in XML. I'm going to see if there's a work around, but it may possibly take an extra API query (or more).

Did you manage to fix the issue i was having due to privacy on steam profiles?

I ask because i had to uninstall this due to that issue and would love to re-install it again if the issue has been fixed.

- Thanks

Did you manage to fix the issue i was having due to privacy on steam profiles?

I ask because i had to uninstall this due to that issue and would love to re-install it again if the issue has been fixed.

- Thanks

The latest version should fix most of your errors, however, there's still a small chance things can time out. It won't break anything, it just may not fill the stats right away.

Development note:
I'm in the process of setting up cURL to get JSON data. SteamProfiles should be doing it now in the development version. I also added more icons to the SteamProfile badge.

I've also deleted probably 95% of the js/steam files. They were unnecessary. I also notice that it is not caching data anymore, so I'll look into adding that feature at a later date as it could reduce SteamAPI requests (although not by very much, so it's a low priority).

Example here:
http://ragecagegaming.com/forum/members/howichrgelazer.3/

Development Note 2:

cURL is now working on both SteamProfile and Steam Stats, just testing failure for file_get_contents and to see if it'll retry..... And it works!

HowIChrgeLazer updated Steam Authentication & Integration with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.1 Changelog

Update Instructions:
  • Delete js/steam before uploading files
Changes:
* cURL reimplemented for performance and will only be used if it can be
* Added retry methods incase JSON data times out
* Added a place holder image for games that don't have a banner
* Added new icons to SteamProfile badge
* Removed all unused SteamProfile files

Additional Notes:
Wow! It's down to ~67kb!

This version should pretty much reduce errors to near zero. I cleared the two stats tables and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is it possible to remember user when he is use login through Steam? My users need to login again every few hours which is really annoying.

ErrorException: Undefined index: steamids - /home/bob/public_html/xenforo/js/steam/jsonproxy.php:72
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 12:11 AM
This is being generated quite frequently in the error logs.

Top Bottom