Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

This addon stuffs up the breadcrumb on my site. I am using XenPorta and I get 2 Home links in the Breadcrumb and 2 Home Tabs in my Navbar. Disable the addon and everything is perfect
And I'll bet if you disable XenPorta everything is perfect too. ;)

And I must ask... Did you just install XenPorta? You've had this add-on for nearly two years and haven't reported a problem until now.

I'll have a look at this on Monday.

Last edited:
This addon stuffs up the breadcrumb on my site. I am using XenPorta and I get 2 Home links in the Breadcrumb and 2 Home Tabs in my Navbar. Disable the addon and everything is perfect
I have not been able to duplicate this in the way you describe relating to social groups.

I CAN duplicate it by putting a URL in the XenForo option 'Basic Board Information'>'Home Page URL' with XenPorta enabled. But, that's to be expected with that add-on and is not related to social groups.

Thanks Snog, no I have that field empty.

The mod doesn't really get any use and what little use it does get can easily be done in the forums so I will just remove it because my 10,000 users don't see it as adding any value. If I get time I will take some screen shots of settings etc and send them to you

Hi Snog! Glad to see you again! I think I'm going to get this mod when I have the cash. One question tho, is there any import from Nobtia's Groups mod? I'd probably get yours either way, but am curious.

Thanks!

Hi Snog! Glad to see you again! I think I'm going to get this mod when I have the cash. One question tho, is there any import from Nobtia's Groups mod? I'd probably get yours either way, but am curious.

Thanks!
Sorry, there is not an importer for Nobita's Groups.

No prob. I'll check out the demo on your site. I'm just not getting the support I need for my current one. Thanks!

Hi @Snog I'm running the latest version, and I've noticed several of these errors in my error log:
Error Info
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to Snog_SocialGroups_Helper_DataWriter::createConversation() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /home/pandorar/public_html/library/Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php on line 2853 and defined -library/Snog/SocialGroups/Helper/DataWriter.php:37
Generated By: Oddie, Yesterday at 8:45 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/pandorar/public_html/library/Snog/SocialGroups/Helper/DataWriter.php(37): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/pandorar/...', 37, Array)
#1 /home/pandorar/public_html/library/Snog/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/Index.php(2853): Snog_SocialGroups_Helper_DataWriter::createConversation(false, Array, 'Pandoran Govern...', 'Oddie is inviti...', '', true, true)
#2 /home/pandorar/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Snog_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_Index->actionInvite()
#3 /home/pandorar/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/pandorar/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(57) "http://pandorarp.com/groups/pandoran-government.49/invite"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(7) {
["newmember"] => string(5) "Steel"
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["invite"] => string(17) "Invite New Member"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(38) "/groups/pandoran-government.49/members"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Thanks! Turns out the account that was used for that had been deleted at some point. All set now.
Thanks for pointing it out.

I trap the missing username when a group is created so it can be corrected but not in the invite routine. I'll add the trap there too.

So is this working well with the latest XF version?

Also... you mentioned this requiring the user group be set as all registered (which mine is) and then additional groups for all other permissions (which mine is), so... this will work in that manner where permission for this is only given to members who have obtained x posts before they can create and manage their own group?

So is this working well with the latest XF version?

Also... you mentioned this requiring the user group be set as all registered (which mine is) and then additional groups for all other permissions (which mine is), so... this will work in that manner where permission for this is only given to members who have obtained x posts before they can create and manage their own group?
Yes it is working with 1.5.10

If you have your system set up so people don't become a member of a user group until they reach x posts, then yes it would work that way.

Hi, I have a group owner that has gone AWOL and now there are pending approvals. I see no way as a site admin to approve these people. I know I can hack into his PM box and find the approval links but would rather not. Thanks for any info

Hi, I have a group owner that has gone AWOL and now there are pending approvals. I see no way as a site admin to approve these people. I know I can hack into his PM box and find the approval links but would rather not. Thanks for any info
The only other way to approve them at this time would be to take ownership of the group and invite them to the group.

Thinking about purchasing this, but had one question that maybe somebody can answer for me.

I currently have a usergroup that has access to a specific forum. I would like to make this one of my groups upon purchasing this add-on. Would I be able to use that current forum, or would the group have to start over from scratch?

I dont know it realy, but I think you can at every time move threads from one in an other forum. That should work, if no others will work. ;)

Thinking about purchasing this, but had one question that maybe somebody can answer for me.

I currently have a usergroup that has access to a specific forum. I would like to make this one of my groups upon purchasing this add-on. Would I be able to use that current forum, or would the group have to start over from scratch?
You would create the group and them move all of the threads from the old forum into the group forum.

People that participated in the threads that want to be members of the group would still need to join the newly created group.

Top Bottom