So, what's the downside?

Sador

No, seriously. I've spent a couple of hours in here, and still haven't found anything bad about XenForo. Everything looks great, I keep finding new stuff, the speed is terrific, everything works better than expected... so where's the catch? :P

What do the rest of you think?

The downside is we don't yet have the breadth of features that more established forums have.

But I think we are going to shock people with how quickly we can develop with the XenForo framework.
Maybe not, but I think at the moment, this alpha version is probably better than most other forum software I've used. And considering there's not even been a first release yet, I guess a lot of features will still be added in the near future.

Edit; I also agree with Floris. :D

To not make (wrong) assumptions, I think that I rather want to believe it is what it is now, and everything that they have now is getting finished, tweaked, bug fixed and made ready for beta testing. And anything they still want to put 'on top', is worth a 1.0.1 or 1.1.0 release.

The downside is we don't yet have the breadth of features that more established forums have.

Honesty. This is an important reason -amongst others- why I am here and not contributing anymore to the vBulletin community. Kier and Mike: it would be good if you guys or your newly attracted (and hopefully soon vivid and lively) community can construct an overview of what xenForo does have and doesn't have compared to vBulletin and Invision. It's clear there is no Blog or CMS (unfortunately also the reason why xenForo is no option for us at it's current state), but for all the other functionality it would be nice and handy to know.

But I think we are going to shock people with how quickly we can develop with the XenForo framework.

I was shocked when we discovered what Internet Brands did to the name and community of vBulletin, so let us be shocked again, but now in a positive way! I wish you guys all the best: you deserve it.

To not make (wrong) assumptions, I think that I rather want to believe it is what it is now, and everything that they have now is getting finished, tweaked, bug fixed and made ready for beta testing. And anything they still want to put 'on top', is worth a 1.0.1 or 1.1.0 release.
I actually meant in future versions as well. :)

If this first alpha is already NOT underwhelming, and more complete than I anticipated. I don't want to hurt my brain thinking what version 1.1 is going to be as an experience for my members, or 2.0 !

XenForo framework would be a great idea for a post from the devs of XF! To hint the developers about what to expect with XF!

Top Bottom