So is it ready yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the first alpha, it has to go to at least a second alpha, and a beta, and perhaps more beta's, including a public one at some point (to private testers or not). and a release candidate, eventually gold.

It is very very very early, access here is privileged, and there's not even a company site yet. So, asking this weekly has no use yet.

Reactions: Nix
Ummm, this was a joke. :(

I guess it wasn't that funny. I know it's not ready.

I thought it was quite funny, but I have a warped sense of humour.

I take it "gold" = final public release? Still getting up to speed with all this vB speak.

There's always room for a joke. But.. we've been here since the start of this and that was only a few weeks ago. So we've seen a few of these questions.

I figured I had seen it posted so often I might as well have fun if I made it obvious I was not serious. Hence the run and hide comment.

Where do you see your account #

Gold might be a term in software development in general but I bet it had it's roots different.

I bet there was a group working on something and when they finally got it just the way they wanted it someone commented "This is gold" to proclaim how high of quality it was.

I hate hate hate that term "gold" sounds like sleazy con artist talk or something...

pimp-bernie-madoff-mack-gold-chains-fur-coat-chest-hair-pimp-hat-glasses-white-bronco-garage-sleazy-sleaze-photoshop-photoshopped-scan-cafe-photo.jpg

Strangely after 25 years in the software development industry this is the first time I've heard the term, North American perhaps?
Ok I can't found an english wikipedia entry about it. But "Gold" is somehow used as synonym for "General Availability".

Oh an Apple thing.. no wonder it is not widely used in business ;)

LOL that'll explain it then. Strange IPS didn't run with that one as they're all Apple-centric.

Sorry should have explained I've worked in commercial business orientated software, you know Accounting/Payroll/Distribution/Manufacturing that sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom