Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

v7web

Hi,
Sorry to be a real pain in the ass but I have a couple of client projects that are just crying out for this new forum software (plus some of my own) but I am getting to the stage where I cant stall them much longer. Any idea when xenForo will be available for purchase?

Thanks

Not to say this is a bad thing...but does anyone remember waiting when they worked on vBulletin?
iB say they are going to meet deadline no matter what. Look at their track record.

Looking at the Alpha builds being released every 10 days, (according to Kier's videos/screencasts Admin CP version numbers) the only things we are going to see in a couple of weeks is a newer alpha or possibly a Beta version but most definetly not a gold release...

Maybe the public beta will start at the end of UK summer with the early birds discount.

Unless of course Kier and Mike have a few hidden coding monkey that we don't know about! :D

Looking at the Alpha builds being released every 10 days, (according to Kier's videos/screencasts Admin CP version numbers) the only things we are going to see in a couple of weeks is a newer alpha or possibly a Beta version but most definetly not a gold release...

Maybe the public beta will start at the end of UK summer with the early birds discount.

Unless of course Kier and Mike have a few hidden coding monkey that we don't know about! :D
I think an early adopter's sale is going to be available when its released. I don't mind a released beta as long as it's stable and doesn't have a buggy FAQ page ;)

True true... at the end of the day it will be ready when it's ready and whenever that may be will be a good day for us :)

I think a few people have clients who want actual dates not the normal forum "real soon now" answers. At this stage I'm okay though I would imagine decisions are going to made with which software to go with by those who want to get up and running sooner rather than later.

The problem I guess for most folks is how much functionality do they need as opposed to how soon they need the product. At the very least I would want to ensure there was a skin export/import option and a mass smilie load :) There's also going to be a lot pressure come to bare on developers around these parts when folks want differing conversion scripts. I'm wondering if I shouldn't upgrade an IPS site from 2.3 to 3.1 as quite possibly there will only be an upgrade option for the latest release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom