Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

v7web

Hi,
Sorry to be a real pain in the ass but I have a couple of client projects that are just crying out for this new forum software (plus some of my own) but I am getting to the stage where I cant stall them much longer. Any idea when xenForo will be available for purchase?

Thanks

xenForo will be ready on the 19th of october. At exactly 5:00 pm Kier will be running through the streets of london naked, yelling eureka, eureka, eureka - "I've got it"

I have a couple of client projects that are just crying out for this new forum software (plus some of my own) but I am getting to the stage where I cant stall them much longer.
Yep... know what you mean. Would be nice to purchase unsupported beta so projects can begin using it and then updating as it progresses towards Gold... once committed to other software, there is no changing over upon release unfortunately.

xenForo will be ready on the 19th of october. At exactly 5:00 pm Kier will be running through the streets of london naked, yelling eureka, eureka, eureka - "I've got it"

That is a definitely a more realistic date for a public beta.
Not sure I want to be in London at the time... Just the mental picture is quite scary! ;)

Is this really an accurate release? I have a group of friends and I that are waiting for it, and we're getting a bit antsy. Also, love the layout, look, and overall design of the software. It looks amazing! Keep up the good work.

Is this really an accurate release? I have a group of friends and I that are waiting for it, and we're getting a bit antsy. Also, love the layout, look, and overall design of the software. It looks amazing! Keep up the good work.
That is not an accurate date, no. But we do expect a beta release very soon.

Well I guess if that is true, then we only have 5 days left because summer ends September 23:).

I don't think there is a definitive answer to when the end of summer is in the UK these days, different people will give you different answers and there is no official date. The Glorious Twelfth was often historically considered the last day of summer, this is 12 August, except when it falls on a Sunday and is then on 13 August, although it is still called The Glorious Twelfth. The Met Office use 31 August as the last day of summer, but they used to use 20 September (today, and they day I've always thought of as the end of summer). The equinox is 03:09 on 23 September, so using the equinox 23 September is both the last day of summer and the first day of autumn.

I have a feeling that with all the interviews appearing, it must be coming out soon. If not, stop doing interviews and spend 24/7 coding the software, how selfish of you Mike and Kier! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom