Slide Out Poll

Slide Out Poll 1.2

No permission to download
Hi, the addon doesn't work. I've got Xenforo 1.4.4 and under the template chges there are red numbers:

pollhide1.webp

that is the error:

ollhide2.webp

See:

The issue was discussed privately. I determined that Edit Post Date by Waindigo was causing a template modification compilation error for several different add-ons, and that Poll Permissions by AndyB is incompatible with my add-on. With both of those disabled, Slide Out Poll works correctly.

I do not know what the problem is with Waindigo's add-on, but I don't have any intentions of making a compatibility fix for AndyB's add-on. However, I think the application order for the template modifications can be changed so that my add-on goes first and AndyB's goes second and then they don't conflict. I'm not sure.

Ah thank you for your reply. Yes the post date plugin has problems with the Similar Threads plugin too. Okay, now I know I have to deinstall it.

For the issue of duplicate "create thread button" and I understand having 2 is confusing and unprofessional, while having nothing at very bottom isn't good either, what about removing "create thread" button from first row and placing it in second. Then you will always have it at bottom, whether poll or not, and not have a duplicate? The same with "preview" too. And putting cancel poll at very bottom if poll is selected.

There's no reason to have the create thread button above further options like "watch this thread" etc

This would be very smooth... no? :cool:

By the way thanks for the addon, its great!

Last edited:
That's not a change I plan to implement for this add-on. This add-on is just intended to allow for hiding the poll options, not rearrange or modify anything else on the thread creation page.

That's not a change I plan to implement for this add-on. This add-on is just intended to allow for hiding the poll options, not rearrange or modify anything else on the thread creation page.
Ok well I changed "thread_create" template to do this:

Code:
<dl class="ctrlUnit submitUnit">
        <dt></dt>
        <dd>
            <input type="submit" value="{xen:phrase create_thread}" accesskey="s" class="button primary" />
            <xen:include template="attachment_upload_button" />
<input type="button" value="{xen:phrase preview}..." class="button PreviewButton JsOnly" />

Changed to:
Code:
<dl class="ctrlUnit submitUnit">
        <dt></dt>
        <dd>

<xen:include template="attachment_upload_button" />

Nice and clean for those new ppl like me:
Untitled-1.webp

Just wish the "cancel poll" (when poll is selected) would be at bottom but keeping "add poll" at top, but this is still nice.

Does anyone see any problems with removing those 2 lines?

For some reason incompatible with Themescorp slider responsive addon. Anyone who knows how these seemingly unrelated addons can get along, please help.

It's like its reversed now...the poll is there unless you click "add a poll", then it hides.

Last edited:
Top Bottom