Slide Out Poll add-on for Xenforo
- Compatible XF Versions:
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
- Visible Branding:
This add-on hides the poll options when creating a thread until the user clicks the "Add a Poll" button. The poll options will then be shown and the browser will automatically scroll to them. The button will then be replaced with a "Cancel Poll" button which will reset and hide the poll options if they are no longer desired.
For forums where polls are of little use, this helps to save space and provide less distraction in the thread creation screen. Beginning in Xenforo 1.4, where polls can be disabled per-forum, it helps to clean up the thread creation interface for any forums you choose to enable polls in.
You can select the placement of the Add a Poll button from several choices in [Options -> Threads, Discussions, and Conversations] just beneath the built-in option(s) for polls.
If you find this add-on useful, please consider donating to help support future developments.
Thank you to okhello for the donation in support of this add-on.
For support or suggestions, please post in the discussion thread.
- The "Add a Poll" and "Cancel Poll" button labels are editable phrases.
- This add-on does not in any way affect user permissions for posting polls. It is a cosmetic change only. If you wish to be able to disable polls entirely, upgrade to XenForo 1.4 or better.
Slide Out Poll 1.2
Hides poll options in thread creation until the user presses the "Add a Poll" button.
- Button can now hide poll options after they are shown Jun 5, 2015
- Xenforo 1.4 fix Oct 22, 2014
- Support added for Xenforo 1.4 beta 2 Aug 19, 2014